PDA

View Full Version : Concerning Closed Threads

Rampala
03-21-2002, 05:12 AM
A while back when the forums were down for a few days, afterwards it was said that older threads were more likely to be deleted since space was needed in the database. That makes enough sense.

However, sometimes I'm looking over very old threads and I find some ones that have long since been closed, but they're still lingering about. (I know the achieve is different, but just general spam and such).
My question is why don't we delete these closed threads? They appear to be simply garbage taking up space.
Maybe not right away, but either 3 days, or maybe given up to a week after a thread has been closed, why not delete it? It would clean up the forums a bit.

Just a thought?

Loony BoB
03-24-2002, 10:28 AM
Yeah, that's not a bad idea. The only reason some threads are left there at all is so that the person knows it was closed, I guess. Otherwise the person who made the thread would get confused. Or something. But yeah, I do see where you're coming from. I guess you'd also need to take into account the threads that were closed purely to stop posts - but are still worth having around. I'm sure an admin will clear this up. If I'm bored, I'd go back to the last page and delete the things... but it's gonna happen anyway ;)

Calliope
03-24-2002, 08:56 PM
Daniel! noooooooo! Leave my postcard thread alone! *cries*