PDA

View Full Version : How much does the FFXV demo factor into your decision to buy this?

Tyson
01-01-2015, 07:25 AM
I'll be honest, even tho alot of people who've played the Japanese version have told me how great Type-0 is. I've never really had any desire to get it. Just didn't take my fancy.

That being said I preordered immediately once the FFXV demo packin was announced :S Is anyone else in the same boat?

Ayen
01-01-2015, 11:52 AM
Zero. I wanted Type-0 for Type-0 since I read up on the PSP version a couple of months back.

fat_moogle
01-01-2015, 04:22 PM
I'd be buying this day one with or without the Final Fantasy XV demo (I pre-ordered before the demo was announced), so it doesn't factor in to it at all. I just see the demo as a huge bonus!

I've followed this game since it was first announced as Agito XIII. It was a mobile game then so I assumed that it would never be released outside of Japan. However when the development platform changed to PSP and the game was rebranded as Final Fantasy Type-0 I started to take more of an interest. I downloaded the Japanese PSP demo when it was released in 2011 and it was a lot of fun, so it was disappointing that I was able to play the demo but not the actual game...

...UNTIL NOW :D

Del Murder
01-01-2015, 05:19 PM
I've been more interested in type-o than Versus since way back when they were in early development.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-01-2015, 06:24 PM
I would have pre-ordered regardless. As others have said, I've been patiently waiting for this since Agito XIII. But with that in mind, if not for the allure of the XV demo, I can't say that I would have pre-ordered 3 months in advance.

Mirage
01-01-2015, 06:27 PM
Not at all. It's a game I would have bought regardless of any bundled demo.

Vyk
01-01-2015, 09:08 PM
The demo definitely sweetens the pot. But the pot was already pretty sweet. I want it for the potential of a legitimately dark and mature plot, with tons of characters who all have individual personalities and tons of playstyles. I've seen quite a few in trailers that look to be an absolute thrill to play as and I can't wait to get my hands on them and see how things go. I can't say I've followed this since the beginning as for some reason Agito never really grabbed my attention in the beginning, and I quit paying attention to it when it was re-branded as Type-0 and promptly regarded as Japanese-only. My interest has been rekindled merely by all the effort they're putting into rebuilding those bridges they burned on this games initial development and release. And I am happy to forgive them and buy their shiny new game as a consolation

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2015, 12:28 AM
Not a lot seeing how I'm probably not going to have a PS4 to play Type-0 on day 1 thus not being able to get the demo. Next-gen gaming is a bit of a low priority for me at this point.

Tyson
01-02-2015, 03:09 AM
Welp glad to know I'm in the minority :P I'm sure it will be a good game and I'll definitely be playing it now anyways :)

Aulayna
01-02-2015, 10:01 PM
0% - been wanting this game for ages. The demo did co-erse me into pre-ordering instead of just hopping to the local game shop on release day though.

DMKA
01-03-2015, 04:06 AM
I won't lie; the FFXV demo is about 90% of the reason I pre-ordered. :p

Tyson
01-06-2015, 06:39 AM
I won't lie; the FFXV demo is about 90% of the reason I pre-ordered. :p

haha knew there had to be someone else like me.

I wonder how long we'll be waiting for the demo after we all have our codes. I can't imagine it will be too long, Episode Duscae must be almost done.

fat_moogle
01-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I wonder how long we'll be waiting for the demo after we all have our codes. I can't imagine it will be too long, Episode Duscae must be almost done.
I imagine that the demo is now complete and Square Enix are working on ensuring that it runs smoothly on both platforms. I bet they're working on the 2nd demo alongside it as well.

Omni-Odin
01-06-2015, 05:05 PM
None at all. Completely psyched for Type-0 itself. I probably won't even play the demo. I always like my FF main series games to be completely fresh the day I get it. Ask my perfectly clean copy of the FFXII demo in Dragon Quest VIII.

Vyk
01-07-2015, 02:06 AM
I doubt it will be the case this time, but I believe the previous FF demos had weird (if not major) differences from the retail releases. So they're at least worth checking out, perhaps after beating the game. But I played the FFVIII demo before FFVIII (and .... actually liked it more than the game itself) and it really made me want the game as I was a bit on the fence about the change in style and setting and stuff. Wasn't super digging the present-day style setting (not all that futuristic sci-fi and not all that legendary fantasy stuff. Something about 7 having a burned-out present-day style setting made it more interesting to me) or the realistic teenage character models. So they should be glad they put that one out. Though I doubt many people other than me were influenced by it..

Tyson
01-07-2015, 05:59 AM
I imagine that the demo is now complete and Square Enix are working on ensuring that it runs smoothly on both platforms. I bet they're working on the 2nd demo alongside it as well.

They revealed yesterday the demo was 80% complete :) All that's left is optimization. Surely they can do that in the next 3 months!