PDA

View Full Version : Do you own a PS4 or Xbox One yet?

Pike
02-23-2015, 05:01 PM
Do you have a horse in this next-gen race?

Pumpkin
02-23-2015, 05:02 PM
No, but I'm hoping to get one around the time FFXV comes out. It's too expensive and there's nothing I want yet anyway

Egami
02-23-2015, 05:11 PM
Very much on the same boat as Pumpkin. Also waiting for the new Metal Gear, Witcher 3, Bloodborne and the like.

Psychotic
02-23-2015, 05:23 PM
Within a month, for FF Type-0.

Goldenboko
02-23-2015, 06:10 PM
I turned to something better...

http://i.imgur.com/QQo8Lr2.png

Vermachtnis
02-23-2015, 06:49 PM
What about the WiiU? It's current gen.

qwertysaur
02-23-2015, 07:21 PM
Within a month, for FF Type-0.
This

metagloria
02-23-2015, 07:28 PM

Lol, you're cute, thinking computers are for gaming. :grumppat:

noxious.sunshine
02-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Yep.

Got a PS4 for my bf specifically for Type-0 HD

Egami
02-23-2015, 08:23 PM

Sorry Solaire...but Bloddborne is PS4 only...praise the sun! Master race confirmed :p

escobert
02-23-2015, 08:54 PM
I don't even own a PS2 or xbox 1st gen. Or a PS3 or 360. I highly doubt I'll be getting a PS4 or XBONE. I would have to have kids yelling in my ear all day everyday for months for it to happen.

Yellow_Magic
02-23-2015, 09:14 PM
Not yet but gonna be all up in that bizznatch when Persona 5 comes out.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-23-2015, 09:43 PM
I have all three!

fat_moogle
02-23-2015, 11:52 PM
I got a PS4 back in September, when the white model came out. Bought the Destiny bundle - not a game I cared for, but it was the only way to get a white PS4 at the time.

Fox
02-23-2015, 11:56 PM
I'll be getting a white one (PS4) after my next pay in preparation for Type-0. Shame it's not coming out on PC too but ah well, at least the PS4 looks purty.

G13
02-24-2015, 03:59 AM
Got an Xbox One for Christmas. I am not a fan. I will most likely get a PS4 when Uncharted 4 drops.

Richard
05-05-2015, 02:38 PM
I own a PS4 and its really fun. I just wish there were games for it that I could play. Right now I've been still playing on the PS3. At least I have one when some better game titles are released. :)

Mirage
05-05-2015, 05:31 PM
I bought a PS4 in March. Cant wait for actual games to come out!

Sephiroth
05-05-2015, 07:02 PM
I do.

BlackFire
05-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Not yet. But I am not sure when I'll get an X1.

Slothy
05-06-2015, 01:46 AM
No I don't, and with Silent Hills canceled I can't see that changing ever unless something equally awesome looking comes along. But even that alone wouldn't sell me a console.

Ayen
05-06-2015, 02:08 AM
No. The price is too high for me to buy a console I'll seldom use since there are little to no games I'm interested in playing for it, and I'll never pay the PS4's selling price for just one game.

Bolivar
05-06-2015, 02:25 AM
I am indeed a part of the EoFF plurality that owns a current gen console :handshake:

Vyk
05-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Bloodborne, Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, better versions of Terraria, How to Survive, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Alien Isolation. There's FFT-0, with FFXV and KH3 on the horizon. My girlfriend has played through the PS4 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition multiple times, and owns the PS3 version as well. And there are multiple worthwhile enhancements to it, but most notably it is a lot less buggy and didn't freeze on her the way the PS3 version did

It's a hefty price of entry, but we've found it to be very worth it. Though it helps that there were two people opting for the console, and we kind of put it on lay-away, rather than pay outright for it. But it was worth it for us

Mirage
05-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Is it just me or is "the game doesn't freeze on this console" sort of a terrible "pros" for a game.

Vyk
05-06-2015, 07:02 PM
Indeed. They probably should have just not released DA:I on last gen consoles. Because it's an equally ridiculous "con" in that regard. It was buggy as all hell on PS3. Heck, it didn't even technically freeze. It basically stalled during certain dialog. You could still see birds flying and NPCs walking by. But the people talking would just stand there, and you're left with no way to skip. Have to turn the system off and hope it doesn't happen the next time. It was crazy and infuriating. But it didn't happen on the PS4 *shrug*

Bolivar
05-07-2015, 01:13 AM
Bloodborne, Samurai Warriors, Dynasty Warriors, better versions of Terraria, How to Survive, The Last of Us, Tomb Raider, Alien Isolation. There's FFT-0, with FFXV and KH3 on the horizon. My girlfriend has played through the PS4 version of Dragon Age: Inquisition multiple times, and owns the PS3 version as well. And there are multiple worthwhile enhancements to it, but most notably it is a lot less buggy and didn't freeze on her the way the PS3 version did

Pretty much. Within the first year, my 500GB hard drive was already filled with games.

I'm gonna have to make some tough decisions this holiday :-/

DMKA
05-07-2015, 03:17 AM
I own a PS4, and a Wii U, and a PC equipped with a GTX 980.

And I can't find a single new game to play. :p

Bolivar
05-07-2015, 03:54 AM
I own a PS4, and a Wii U, and a PC equipped with a GTX 980.

And I can't find a single new game to play. :p

2 weeks:

http://s3.gamefreaks.co.nz/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/The-Witcher-3-1.jpg

Mirage
05-07-2015, 04:29 AM

Pretty much. Within the first year, my 500GB hard drive was already filled with games.

What's so tough about deciding to buy a new HDD?

Ayen
05-07-2015, 05:20 AM
Speaking of not having room, my PC only has 5.67GB of space left.

I'm thinking some things are gonna have to take a hike.

Bolivar
05-07-2015, 01:03 PM

What's so tough about deciding to buy a new HDD?

I could get a 1TB for $50 but then I'd be in the same position by the end of the year. It's only worth it to get more but I can't justify spending $100+ when I could just delete some things instead.

Hence the tough decisions.

Shiny
05-07-2015, 03:30 PM
Playstation charges for PSN now whereas on PS3 it was apparently free. BALLS. Also I recently got a 120GB attachment for my 360 so it's unlikely I'll be getting a new gen anytime soon, but I plan on getting the PS4 when games that exclusive to it come out.

DMKA
05-10-2015, 01:08 AM
2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

I really wanted to play those games until I played the first ten minutes or so of the first game. The battle system scared me off in record time. It just feels incredibly awkward. I was still going to continue to play through it because I thought "Eh I can put up with it long enough to get through the storyline probably"....until I read that the storyline is sixty hours long. Which is a shame because I hear the story is pretty great.

The sequels look like they changed the battle system to something more in line with what I like, but I have this damned mental hangup with playing sequels without playing the first game. Meh.

Cloudane
05-10-2015, 01:44 AM
Not yet. I have the money saved for a PS4 for Type-0, but am not in any hurry since I'm playing the old FFs through. And I'm waiting for a decent deal.

Bolivar
05-10-2015, 02:22 AM
2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

I really wanted to play those games until I played the first ten minutes or so of the first game. The battle system scared me off in record time. It just feels incredibly awkward. I was still going to continue to play through it because I thought "Eh I can put up with it long enough to get through the storyline probably"....until I read that the storyline is sixty hours long. Which is a shame because I hear the story is pretty great.

The sequels look like they changed the battle system to something more in line with what I like, but I have this damned mental hangup with playing sequels without playing the first game. Meh.

The Witcher games are more like 30-40 hours long, more if you do a lot of side quests. Hang-ups aside, you really wouldn't have a problem jumping into 2 or even 3, as the stories are very much stand-alone - it's not overarching plots like Mass Effect or anything. Games like The Witcher 3 are the reason people buy GTX 980s in the first place.

The first game's combat is... unique but I look at it more like rhythm-based attacking and managing your spells in between strikes.. The heart of it is preparation - making sure you're using the right sword and combat stance, drinking appropriate potions applying the right blade coating beforehand. It puts you into the mindset of a professional monster hunter.

And the stories really are that good. Out of the modern WRPGs I've played that are plot and choice heavy, the Witcher games are far and away my favorites.

Big D
05-10-2015, 06:21 AM
...Also waiting for the new Metal GearThis.

MGSV is when I'll shell out for a PS4, finances permitting. I haven't been this genuinely excited about an upcoming release for a long time.

If FFXV turns out to be a good game and not just a visual sploogefest, it'll likely end up on my to-buy list as well.

All going well, hopefully the PS4 will still be a 'current gen' console when the next Elder Scrolls or Far Cry title drops too.

DMKA
05-10-2015, 11:06 PM
2 weeks:

Yeah, about that...

The Witcher games are more like 30-40 hours long, more if you do a lot of side quests. Hang-ups aside, you really wouldn't have a problem jumping into 2 or even 3, as the stories are very much stand-alone - it's not overarching plots like Mass Effect or anything. Games like The Witcher 3 are the reason people buy GTX 980s in the first place.

The first game's combat is... unique but I look at it more like rhythm-based attacking and managing your spells in between strikes.. The heart of it is preparation - making sure you're using the right sword and combat stance, drinking appropriate potions applying the right blade coating beforehand. It puts you into the mindset of a professional monster hunter.

And the stories really are that good. Out of the modern WRPGs I've played that are plot and choice heavy, the Witcher games are far and away my favorites.
Yeah, I'm gonna have to play them. I got The Witcher 3 free when I purchased my GTX 980 so I'm kind of obligated.