PDA

View Full Version : Ladies!

Night Fury
01-01-2015, 01:58 PM
(and I guess probably a couple of guys maybe)

What make up have you been wearing lately? I've been feeling really creative recently. I usually wear neutral colours on my eyes, but I've recently started wearing lots of purple - and I just bought a couple of colourful palettes! It's nice to try a change sometimes!

I usually only go for orange/coral colours on my lips too, but I just ordered a peachy/pink colour and also a mauve nude. I can't wait to play with it!!! :D

I tend to have quite a 1950's look I think. Striking cat eye with neutral colour, eyebrows done up nicely and then a bold lip, but I'm excited to play around soon! :D :D :D

http://itsabrideslife.com/wp-content/uploads/EYELINER2.jpg
Ahhh she's perfect!

http://media-cache-ec0.pinimg.com/736x/80/a3/43/80a343235d2122954c52c20260c06698.jpg
Beaaaaaaauuuuuut!

noxious.sunshine
01-01-2015, 06:08 PM
I got some concealer & primer from ELF recently!

I'm slowly working on upping my makeup & facial care game. I've even invested in some wrinkle/fine line cream.

I normally just throw on foundation, eyeliner, and mascara, but realized my makeup would fade after a few hours & I'd have to reapply.

I want to learn how to do contouring & use liquid eyeliner without turning my eyes into a huge mess. Also eyeshadow. I'm no good at it.

I've just never had anyone around to teach me that stuff. I didn't really care about it or wear much makeup (very rarely) until maybe age 20/21.

Shorty
01-01-2015, 06:24 PM
Always the same makeup. Cat eyes and neutral tones, with very little attention drawn to my lips.

I used to apply the cat eye look much more heavily, but I feel weird with heavy black on when I'm not a teenager anymore.

Madame Adequate
01-01-2015, 06:49 PM
cba with makeup, doesn't make me look much better anyway.

MissH
01-05-2015, 06:50 PM
Ohhh, I haven't worn make-up in sooo long! I've been bed ridden since prettt much the start of December and before that I had an eye infection- so probably the last time was November! But I am obsessed with make- up!! My friends often ask me to do their make up and I have a really extensive range! My favourite is MAC. I love it. I love their foundation, their eyeshadows,lashes,brushes- all of it!

I usually wear the most make-up on my eyes. I love a good smokey eye with lots of liner! I love watching tutorials too. The Pixiwoo girls are just stunning and so talented- check them out on Youtube!

I love make-up!! I can't wait til this baby stops making me sick so I can get back to feeling like myself and play with my make-up! <3

Aulayna
01-05-2015, 07:16 PM
None. I am rubbish at make-up.

Occasionally some concealer or blush and that's about it.

Shiny
01-05-2015, 10:07 PM
I'm really on about making my eyes look even more beautious so I'm big on eye shadows, eye concealer, mascara and eyeliners. Lately I've really loved the liquid eyeliner Bobbi Brown has as it seems to last the longest. My eyes tend to eat up eyeliner and it only will last a few hours after I apply it except Bobbi Brown.

I don't wear eye shadow that much but I really like shroom and nylon by Mac. My bf said he misses my eye shadows so I'll probably stop being lazy and get some more shadow eventually.

For the top of my eyes I use Bobbi Brown's gel eye liner and apply it with an ultra fine eyeliner brush.

Rin Heartilly
01-17-2015, 07:35 AM
Most days when I'm out of my house I'll wear bb cream, natural looking brown eyeliner and lip tint. That's basically it xD I never wear blush (I dunno how to use it) and sometimes I'll combine my eyeliner with some natural eye shadows (light brown, taupe, champagne pink/brown) and a little white/silver eyeshadow in the inner corners of my eyes. I'll wear mascara on special occasions but I'm really lazy from removing it so I don't wear it often :S

Mirage
01-17-2015, 07:41 AM
I paint my nail sometimes, it's usually in a sort of subtle color though. I use concealer when I'm going to parties or other special events. That's about it, really.

Leeza
01-19-2015, 12:00 AM
Any make up that I use has got to be cruelty-free. I'm using Gosh right now for mascara and eye shadow in neutral tones, as well as their lipgloss which has a built-in light and mirror so that you can apply it anywhere. :)

Dark_Valentine
01-19-2015, 03:50 PM
I usually wear BB cream, some black eyeliner, macara, and blue, grey, or purple eyeshadow.

Laddy
01-20-2015, 05:14 AM
Normally I apply a modest amount of concealer, foundation, and black eyeliner if I'm just wanting to go for a mild look. ELF is a lovely brand.

Recently I've discovered that blues and violets go amazing with my eyes so I usually apply those color shadows to subtle neutrals.

Chris
01-20-2015, 09:27 AM
BB cream, eyebrow gel, and that's it. Unless I am doing a photo session. I hate make-up, but I need it.

Shiny
01-21-2015, 10:36 PM
Eyebrow gel? What does that do? No wonder your eyebrows are always "on fleek" as the younguns say.

Jess
01-21-2015, 11:19 PM
I stick to nudes and browns on my eyelids, except when I'm going out - then I'll use darker colours. I always fill in my eyebrows a little because they're really fine.

My favourite stuff: Lancôme foundation, YSL touché éclat (much needed for somebody who doesn't sleep well), Benefit blush & eyeshadows and Urban Decay primer. I tend to swap brands with my eyeliner & mascara. I'm yet to find ones that I love.

E: I never wear lipstick or gloss. I just use Vaseline on my lips.

Crop
01-22-2015, 07:31 AM
Sometimes I'll let the girls at the office try their new nail varnish on me if that counts. Always hilarious when they don't have remover and I get called into an important meeting.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2015, 07:36 AM
I don't usually wear it, for me it just isn't worth the effort. Occasionally I'll put on a bit of mascara and lipstick that's the same exact shade as my lips.

Shlup
01-22-2015, 08:10 AM
Etude House CC cream smells wonderful, fyi.

Hollycat
01-22-2015, 11:23 AM
Just lipstick and lip gloss at the moment. Britts did put the full face on me today though, so that was a first.

The lilac frost lipstick I have is pretty damned awesome.

fire_of_avalon
01-22-2015, 05:28 PM
I very rarely wear make-make-up because lazy but I use Urban Decay's Naked BBQ cream on my face just to even things out and protect me from the sun. I refuse to pay 50 bucks for their eyeshadow palettes (even though you really do get a lot) so I use a drugstore knock off by Physician's Formula that's around $13.00. I use rose, bronze, browns, golds - basically a lot of neutrals and browns because my eyes are blue and I have kind of pinky skin with light freckles and other colors look silly on me.

I have a really hard time finding lip colors that don't make me look like a clown but I use a peach color and a pink by Neutrogena I think that are light on pigment but heavy on moisturizers. I don't use blush because again, clown, but I do use bronzer if I'm really dressing up in the summertime. I do not highlight and contour at all unless it's like. ... I mean I have to be doing something really fancy if I am going to restructure my face basically.

I like to experiment with make up on myself and others. I'm branching out into more costume like things too, so we'll see where it goes.

noxious.sunshine
01-22-2015, 09:12 PM
I just binged on a bunch of E.L.F. stuff. I got new foundation, an eyelid prep stuff for eye makeup, and a sheer makeup mist set thing.

I already had the face primer and a concealer.

I think I'm going to look at getting a bronzer and powder next. And maybe contouring sticks or whatever cuz I wanna learn how to do that.

I'll probably look like a 2 year old that got into some shit.

fire_of_avalon
01-23-2015, 12:10 AM
Hahahahahaha bbq cream! Omg leaving.that typo forever.

Does anyone have a recommendation for good, affordable brushes? I like ecotools but they don't have a variety like like I like I want like I want and I am not willing to spend half my electric bill on pro brushes.

noxious.sunshine
01-23-2015, 01:17 AM
Yeah ELF is defo the way to go.

They're a really good quality cheap brand. I think I've spent max $20 on what all I bought yesterday makeup wise and I got quite a few things.

Night Fury
01-23-2015, 03:15 AM
I have a couple of ELF brushes and one I can really say is worth the money is the studio stipple brush for applying foundation, but I also use it to blend in cream blush, concealer, and sometimes to blend out my countouring. It's pretty versatile and waaaaaay better than an actual foundation brush which I've always found is just like a paintbrush /shrug.

I do like the mineral lipsticks from ELF, but that's about it. I had a few of their eyeshadows and they just didn't take to my skin at all. This was about 2 years ago though so maybe they're better now!