PDA

View Full Version : I'd love to try that...

Night Fury
01-01-2015, 02:01 PM
What are some things you'd love to try doing?

I've always been very interested in burlesque and I'd love to have a go at it but it looks terrifying! It's made a pretty huge revival lately, and maybe I'd have a go just in my own home, but I bet there's a pretty big rush to put on a burlesque show! :D

I would also love to try pole fitness!

Pike
01-01-2015, 02:07 PM
Archery. I want to be Robin Hood. Or alternatively Merida from Brave.

I also really want to learn how to pilot an airplane. I REALLY want to learn that. Unfortunately it's really expensive to take lessons. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
01-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Archery.

I also really want to learn how to pilot an airplane.

I guess at this point it would be relearning, but still.

Sewing...which I have a sewing machine now, and will be doing! :D

White water rafting.

A color 5k.

Swing dancing! I'd definitely have to take some lessons, though.

Welding

Black smithing

Glass blowing

Wood working

Continue (paaaiiinfully slowly) towards bioengineering.

Become more knowledgeable of EFI tuning.

Gymnastics and tumbling/acrobatics.

Freya
01-01-2015, 03:47 PM
I second swing dancing.

Fire hooping!

Mountain climb!

Parkour

Too bad I'm afraid if heights for the last two....

Madame Adequate
01-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Programming.

Pumpkin
01-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Belly dancing

noxious.sunshine
01-01-2015, 06:11 PM
- Programming
- Scuba Diving
- Snowboarding
- Surfing
- Sailing
- Deep Sea Fishing
- Clam Digging
- Lobster Catching
- Stand Up Jet skiing.

I'm sure there's a bunch more....

Colonel Angus
01-01-2015, 07:39 PM
I'll 2nd fencing. It's something I've wanted to do since I was young. My mom used to work w/ a guy who was a fencing instructor/Olympic Medalist, & he told her he'd give me lessons, but I never took him up on it.

I'd also like to learn Archery.

Stand-Up Comedy &/or Improv would be cool, if I weren't so shy.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-01-2015, 07:48 PM
I wanna swing dance too! Or salsa. Something fast and fun.

And skydiving and bungee jumping. I still can't believe I haven't done these yet.

Hunting. I wanna kill a thing and then eat it.

Ergroilnin
01-01-2015, 07:58 PM
Living on a lost island

Well more like trying what it would be like on island that actually has drinkable water source and nature so I can eat more than just fishes. Tho unless I win in lottery, this is going to be just my fantasy.

Drugs

No honestly I would love to try each drug once to see what it is like but I am never going to try it. It's something that I am curious about but not stupid about, the trout is dangerous. I will stay with my booze and weed twice a year.

Archery and sport gun shooting.

These I actually might do in a future so yeah :p

Shorty
01-01-2015, 08:12 PM
Archery is so much fun. We had to do it for a few weeks as a part of our PE in high school and it was the best class ever. I was one of the top female archers :jess: but that was before I broke my arm, now I wonder if I have the strength or precision to do it again :( and also swing is one of the most fun dances ever, next to lindy hop (which is technically a swing dance I guess).

I've wanted to do graphic design for a long time. I've only just started learning how to create images, but I'd really like to be able to produce real digital art and learn more about photoshop.

I'd love to try working with charcoal to create art. It looks messy, but fun. Same with finger painting (lol). I would have so much fun using my fingers to paint.

Pilates. I hear wonderful things.

Surfing. I had so much fun wake boarding as a teenager, and I'd love to do I again. Surfing would be the next best thing but I am also terrified of the sharks D:

Filmmaking. I desperately want to try my hand at small, indie filmmaking. I hope to achieve this in the next few years. I'd like to have a short film made by the time I'm thirty.

Piano and guitar. I said I was going to learn to play one of these in 2014, and I did not.

Cocaine.

I think it would be super fun to try my hand at vlogging and web series, but I'm shy and nervous about criticism and appearing dorky or annoying.

Singing, being part of a band, generally performing on stage. Unfortunately, my singing voice has long melted away from my chorus classes and I have no musical talent otherwise. Maybe someday.

Poetry. I engage in several other forms of writing, but recently I've become very interested in poetry.

01-01-2015, 08:26 PM
Cocaine.

This too.

01-01-2015, 09:58 PM
Lets have a meetup and do all the drugs!

Shiny
01-02-2015, 03:18 AM
Cocaine.

This too.

Same. Also shrooms, LSD, and MDMA.

Not to self: bring a taser with me for the meetup.

Things I want to try:
*Surfing: I have to find a friend who knows how to do it properly to show me. My other friend who used to live in the east coast was a surf instructor, but in an area with really gross water.
*Playing bass guitar: It would be cool to also learn some bass guitar simply just for fun and because I love the sound of the bass.
*Snorkeling: I would also like to snorkel but need to be a warmer climate for that. xD Maybe I'll get to do that this summer.
*Skiing: I've done snowboarding a few times, but now I'd like to try skiing.
*Water skiing: I love jet skiing and pretty much all water sport so should be fun to try.
*Quail: Apparently it's delicious.
*Shooting guns: I need some sort of skills for a zombie apocalypse aside from being able to plant stuff.

Madame Adequate
01-02-2015, 03:20 AM
Oh, this talk of scuba diving brings to mind something; Deep-sea diving. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to scuba as well, but what I really want to do is climb into some rough tough little sub and dive into the abyssal depths, so dark and deep that C'thulhu would think twice before heading there.

Shiny
01-02-2015, 03:24 AM
Deep sea diving sounds horrifying. I think I'll just stick snorkeling. :monster:

Shorty
01-02-2015, 03:38 AM
Deep sea diving: absofuckinglutely not.

eh_HUIJkRzU

Night Fury
01-02-2015, 04:34 AM
That reminds me, I really wanna get in a shark cage.

Masamunemaster
01-02-2015, 05:07 AM
Skydiving. The closest thing to a fear I can think of for myself is heights. I want to test my limits.

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I would like to get back into the habit of drawing. I use to draw a lot as a child but then quit for one reason or another. I did take an art class in college and learned I still enjoy it and have some minor talent in it but it's just been one of those things I don't ever seem to have time for.

I would love to learn an instrument. It's one of those things I still kick myself for not taking more serious when the chance was offered to me.

I would love to perform in a band either playing said instrument I need to learn or as a vocalist.

Skydiving would be fun as well and I should try Parkour sometime. I also wish to get back into martial arts because I find it relaxing.

Shiny
01-02-2015, 10:24 PM
It would also be interesting to try sand boaring: http://www.weather.com/series/extreme/video/sand-boarding-in-the-namib-desert

01-02-2015, 11:02 PM
It would also be interesting to try sand boaring: http://www.weather.com/series/extreme/video/sand-boarding-in-the-namib-desert

Sandboarding is super sweet. It is a lot of fun, even if you don't have a buggy to take you back to the top of the dunes.

Shlup
01-03-2015, 01:29 AM
I'm hoping my next baby comes out of my vagina. I'd like to try that.

noxious.sunshine
01-03-2015, 03:11 PM
Oh.

Drugs.

I want to try shrooms. Really try them. I ate a stem in school once, but it didn't do much.

I also want to try heroin. I just wanna smoke it. So that I can say I've done it.

And acid. And Molly.

Dat Matt
01-04-2015, 12:09 AM
Two legit things I would like to try are Sniper Training, and learning how to fly a plane.

Due to awful eyesight in my right eye, I don't think I can do either though.

Colonel Angus
01-04-2015, 12:16 AM
It might be possible to take sniper training, as I think they only use one eye anyway. But they won't let you fly.

Shorty
01-04-2015, 12:21 AM
My stepfather is a sniper instructor and he doesn't have excellent eyesight. To be like, out in the field in the military, you would probably need corrective vision, but otherwise, there's no reason you can't take a class. The scope does the visual work for you; you just need to train on shooting through materials/structures/angles/range etc.

He taught a class a little while ago about how to shoot through bulletproof glass. It's nuts the amount of damage you can do with the right amount of angle + force combination.

Dat Matt
01-04-2015, 12:45 AM
Here my situation.

I have keratoconus in my right eye, and I am predominately right handed. A recent opticians visit refered me to a doctor which I still need to do xD. Would running the rifle with my bad eye / dominant side vs good eye and / non dominant side work?

Also - I just googled "Sniper Training UK" and the best hit was in wales, which is about 6 hours drive away. No specific locations for these things, probably because guns. Too lazy to think about doing it without lots of planning.

Shorty
01-04-2015, 12:49 AM
Oh right. You guys don't love freedom as much as we do.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-04-2015, 12:58 AM
I'd love to try my hand at a podcast. I mean, I did a sort of comedy podcast thing in middle/high school, but I'd like to do something a bit different from that.

I'd also love to try my hand at being on video some. Not really acting (though that would be fun), but I'd just like to do things like video interviews and that sort of thing.

Script writing.

There are other things as well, I'm sure.

Dat Matt
01-04-2015, 01:01 AM

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Freedom-Internally-Eagle-Meme-Of-America-Murica-.gif

Personally, guns really scare me. But I would still love to try them out at some point in my life.

01-04-2015, 01:16 AM
If you haven't ever shot before, or if you aren't an avid shooter, I'm sure you wouldn't have a difficult time learning to shoot left eyed.

Although it is rather easy for me, and that might be due to my ambidextrousness.

Crop
01-04-2015, 01:28 AM

I just googled "Sniper Training UK" and the best hit was in wales

Obviously here we do. Gotta keep well trained when those English are at your back door.

Ayen
01-04-2015, 01:54 AM
I'd love to try my hand at making videos in the style of the Angry Video Game Nerd or Nostalgia Critic when it comes to my reviews, or something more along the lines of James & Mike Mondays where I play games with a friend.

black orb
01-04-2015, 02:08 AM
>>> Learn japanese..:luca:

Aulayna
01-04-2015, 03:52 PM
- Blogging
- Vlogging

I think I'd be pretty crap at both though as I am really a terribly uninteresting creature of habbit.

I'd also like to try:

- Curling
- Track Cycling

As well as:

- Sewing
- Learning a 2nd language

Rantz
01-04-2015, 04:37 PM
Any precision shooting activity like archery, sniper, handgun practice.

Scuba diving, deep sea diving - I'd be terrified, but I really want to do it at some point in my life. Also: swimming with whales :love:

Wouldn't mind taking a cooking class or something like it. I'm already a fairly good cook but it'd be neat to get a more professional angle on it.

Instruments. All of them. Also maybe choir singing.

Dancing lessons! I'm pretty sure I'm too clumsy to get any good at it, but it'd be fun to give it a shot either way.

Skydiving! Powered paragliding. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Powered_paragliding) Rafting.