PDA

View Full Version : Just Plain Fun

Madame Adequate
01-01-2015, 06:12 PM
So if you're sitting down for a bit of gaming, and you don't want to tax your brain with something tough or learning something new, what games can you always rely on to just give you a burst of fun?

The latest I've played like this is Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance, which I got for Christmas. Whenever I play it I sit there with a big goofy grin on my face.

Pumpkin
01-01-2015, 06:20 PM
Girls Fashion Shoot

DON'T JUDGE ME

Wolf Kanno
01-01-2015, 08:17 PM
Rhythm games like Dance Dance Revolution, Gitaroo Man or Um Jammer Lammy.

Vyk
01-01-2015, 09:03 PM
Saints Row 2/Saints Row IV

Just an all around campy good time. 2 was buggy and hilarious, and the controls weren't perfect, which frequently added to the insanity. IV embraced all the insanity and integrated it into the game and then put it on steroids and LSD and fixed the controls. And gave me super powers. Dash into one guy, punch him into the air, then round-house kick him across the city, and dash into the next guy and pound him into a tree, and dash into the next guy. Hand to hand fighting in that game is ... SO. MUCH. FUN.

If I need something mindless, I'll pick up a sudoku game on DS/3DS or something. Maybe Tetris if I want a little more involvement

I don't really have any games that are actual games but don't tax me at all. I'd always been interested in things like Journey or Proteus, so I presume those are good contenders for that area of gaming. The beautiful and surreal virtual vacation thing

Ayen
01-01-2015, 09:07 PM
Metal Gear Solid. I used to just run around with the stealth camouflage and act like a ghost, messing with the guards and stuff. Because in the original game you could go through people, so all I would do is just dick around with the soldiers all day. Appear, disappear, blow something up and watch as they try to figure out what's going on.

Rez09
01-01-2015, 09:50 PM
Sonic 2. :)

Dat Matt
01-03-2015, 01:09 AM
You ever played Kirby's Epic Yarn?

You should play some Kirby's Epic Yarn.

Galuf
01-03-2015, 01:14 AM
sonic GTA V or FF V/IX

Karifean
01-03-2015, 01:20 AM
Crash Bandicoot 2.

Night Fury
01-03-2015, 07:40 AM
The Sims is good for this.

Also, I just picked up Age of Mythology recently, and yes, it's a game where you do have to concentrate a little but just playing the random single player campaign is a lot of fun and you can easily lose a few hours.

Psychotic
01-03-2015, 09:07 AM
Dynasty Warriors.

Shorty
01-03-2015, 09:22 AM
Age of Empires. I love those stupid games.

Aulayna
01-03-2015, 10:51 AM
Dynasty Warriors, The Sims, Dance Central, Bejeweled (okay technically that's a puzzle game, but it's still fun), Super Smash Bros., Mario Party, Theatrhythm

Del Murder
01-05-2015, 06:41 AM
These days it's Theatrythym but my all time go to is Tetris. do dododo dododo dododo dododo dodo do do do do

Scotty_ffgamer
01-05-2015, 06:42 AM
Just Cause 2 will always be my go to fun game.

escobert
01-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Banished and Civ are always there for me to just space out and play.

Loony BoB
01-05-2015, 05:47 PM
I don't really have a go-to game for this kind of thing. Football Manager is close, but it's a commitment. Playing just a couple of games isn't fun in it's own - I have to play for a long, long time for it to be fun. FreeCell is the opposite. I love playing it, but I don't want to play it for two hours. Both games require use of my brain, although I wouldn't call either mentally taxing.

Final Fantasy XIV is the game I sit around and do bugger all in sometimes, but it's mentally taxing in that I am a leader of a Free Company and often find myself being pressured to do something or having to deal with some random drama, and that (the latter in particular) can be draining. I find it a bit boring at times, too, doing the same thing over and over.

Really, the thing I like to do most is just kick back and play a game I haven't already played, which means that I don't have "That One Game I Go To". Hope that makes sense!