PDA

View Full Version : Crock pot recipes

Pike
01-01-2015, 11:53 PM
My mom got me a crock pot for Christmas and so far I've used it to make a delicious dish that involves throwing chicken breasts, mushrooms, cream of mushroom soup and chicken broth all into the cooker and letting it do its thing for 7 hours. It's really good.

But I would like to learn how to make even more stuff!

What else is tasty but also very easy to make? The fewer ingredients the better.

Shorty
01-02-2015, 12:43 AM
Rump roast + two cans of cream of mushroom soup + two onion soup mix packets. Add water and vegetables if you want (potatoes, onions, carrots), but I prefer to keep veggies out because they change the taste.

Put it in the crock pot on high and leave it for 4-8 hours. The longer you leave it, the more melty the meat will be. Serve with mashed potatoes (the soup mixes create a gravy), sweet corn and bread/rolls. And then die in a food coma.

This is my family's roast recipe and we've been eating it all of our lives and there is no meal that I love more. I would eat it every single day if I could.

Pike
01-02-2015, 12:57 AM
Where do you guys get these cheap chickens gosh darn it, everything here is so expensive

Pike
01-02-2015, 02:08 AM
Seriously when I go the whole chicken route I just buy an already prepared rotisserie chicken because it's half the cost of an unprepared one. :shobon: But yes it does last me forever.

I was gonna make pulled pork because that's supposedly cheap too but no here it's like three times the cost of what it apparently is everywhere else

Shiny
01-02-2015, 03:06 AM
Best crock pot recipe imo: cut up potatoes with garlic powder seasoning on them, Campbell's chicken stock, shreds of beef that cook all day. It's simple, delicious, and juicy.

Night Fury
01-02-2015, 04:37 AM
Throw in a meat of your choice, throw in vegetables of your choice, add stock to cover it and cook all day.

Crock pots have really taken off over the last few years, just google for recipes - there are tonnes out there these days from curries to desserts! Have fun!

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-02-2015, 05:23 AM
Throw in a meat of your choice, throw in vegetables of your choice, add stock to cover it and cook all day.

That is p much all you ever have to do with a crockpot though.

radicaledward124
02-10-2015, 07:56 AM
my sister loves to make this chicken thing with salsa in the crock pot. it's really easy and usually tasty.

noxious.sunshine
02-10-2015, 07:11 PM
I just did pulled pork in my crock pot.

They didn't have pork butt, only tenderloin at the store, which isn't fatty at all and what I read on the webs mostly says that it's not doable and the meat turns out really dry.

BUT. I cut the tenderloins into thirds, seasoned with salt & pepper, onion & garlic powders, and paprika and seared them on all sides in a skillet.

I also chopped up about 1/2 lb of bacon and pan fried it up and dumped it all into the pot to maybe add some fattiness back into the meat. I also poked holes in the tenderloin after I seared it so that the liquid & fat could get down in there while cooking.

In the crock pot, I poured in some Apple cider vinegar, beer, low sodium chicken stock, Worcestershire, sliced onion, and a bit of brown sugar. Not much of each.. Don't wanna entirely cover the tenderloin. Throw the pork in there, cover, let cook on low for about 6 hours until it's falling apart. Take the meat out, shred it with a couple of forks, then add the meat back into the juice in the pot to keep it moist.

I have a smaller crock pot though so my tenderloin pieces were stacked.

I bought some fresh baked onion Kaiser rolls from the store, made a homemade Cole slaw with Apple & a tiny bit of blue cheese, a homemade BBQ sauce, and made bbq sammiches! With mustard & dill pickles on top... yummmm

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-16-2015, 04:40 PM
Roast beef + Onion soup mix + some root veg (potatoes, carrots, turnips, parsnips, whatever you like) + water + time = pretty yummy. And if you are a stickler you can season the roast and sear it beforehand. :D

Though sometimes the sauce is kinda thin so I will pour it out into a pan and reduce it and thicken it either by the reducing it or by a slurry of cornstarch!