PDA

View Full Version : Games that NEED to be remade.

Wolf Kanno
01-02-2015, 04:21 AM
No, I'm not talking about some game you, and everyone and their mother, loved as a child that would squeeze out all the nostalgia from your little heart if someone would just give it better graphics and good voice acting. I'm talking about obviously flawed or badly aged games that fell short of greatness, but a remake would fix all the mistakes could finally allow the game to enter the proper gaming nirvana you always knew it deserved.

CimminyCricket
01-02-2015, 04:26 AM
Superman 64

Vyk
01-02-2015, 05:22 AM
Sonic Boom :3

Shiny
01-02-2015, 05:56 AM
Fighting Force for new gen and/or Xbox 360/PS3 gen.

Ayen
01-02-2015, 02:45 PM
Zelda II. Action RPGs has come a long way since 1987.

Spooniest
01-02-2015, 03:28 PM
Lufia.

Masamunemaster
01-02-2015, 11:48 PM

As long as you can save it would be huge. Kids nowadays are more active than I remember most of the people I grew up with.

I would have to say alundra and alundra 2, I would love to see it with updated graphics at least.

Games like suikoden and parasite eve would be on the list, but I feel they would be ruined by what would be done to them.

Spooniest
01-06-2015, 05:00 AM
Street Fighter 2010 could stand a once-over. The game is too punishing re: losing all powerups when you die, and you really ought to be given enough time to complete the final stage. The time allotted just isn't enough unless perfect timing happens out of nowhere.

chionos
01-06-2015, 05:07 AM

As long as you can save it would be huge. Kids nowadays are more active than I remember most of the people I grew up with.

I would have to say alundra and alundra 2, I would love to see it with updated graphics at least.

Games like suikoden and parasite eve would be on the list, but I feel they would be ruined by what would be done to them.

Agree about Alundra. Almost really great games. Coulda been great.

Parasite Eve was a good game(s). I mean, it would be nice to update the graphics, but it wasn't a mess of flaws that need fixed or anything.

I'm going to say J.R.R. Tolkien's Lord of the Rings Volume 1 for SNES.

Spooniest
01-06-2015, 05:09 AM

Oh my god, that thing?

I'd rather see it buried quietly

Freya
01-06-2015, 05:15 AM
Legend of dragoon. That was my favorite game as a kid before I discovered ix.

chionos
01-06-2015, 05:24 AM

Oh my god, that thing?

I feel like I understand this thread differently than everyone else...

Vyk
01-06-2015, 05:34 AM

Oh my god, that thing?

I feel like I understand this thread differently than everyone else...
Yeah, its not really about redoing your ex-favorite games to make them favorite'er. I thought it was about doing sub-par games into potentially your favorite games with a shiny new coat of paint

Loony BoB
01-06-2015, 01:01 PM
No, I'm not talking about some game you, and everyone and their mother, loved as a child that would squeeze out all the nostalgia from your little heart if someone would just give it better graphics and good voice acting. I'm talking about obviously flawed or badly aged games that fell short of greatness, but a remake would fix all the mistakes could finally allow the game to enter the proper gaming nirvana you always knew it deserved.
Don't forget to answer your own thread, WK. You've got me curious to which games you're referring to!

Anyways, for me...

Jade Cocoon
Dune (the original, not the RTS)
Jump'n'Bump

Mirage
01-06-2015, 01:30 PM
I'd like for someone to remake the xenosaga games with actually good gameplay, so that I could get through them.

Spooniest
01-06-2015, 03:37 PM
Kung-Fu Heroes has a great premise, it's just not very well conveyed. An optional tutorial would be helpful, even though they ran a print ad in a very early issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly that was basically that. :|

The point of this is, I don't see how anyone learned to play Kung-Fu Heroes without reading that print ad.

The Man
01-06-2015, 03:39 PM
Fine, I'll be the first one to say it: Final Fantasy VII. The game legitimately has a lot of flaws that could be fixed with a decent remake. Too bad Square Enix is incapable of doing one.

Rez09
01-06-2015, 10:24 PM
I'd like for someone to remake the xenosaga games with actually good gameplay, so that I could get through them.

They did remake Xenosaga 1 and 2 for the DS. :D
Of course, no one has translated it and I can't comment on the gameplay since I haven't touched it, but maybe there is hope? :)

Vyk
01-07-2015, 01:48 AM
I know there is a group looking at it, but I don't think anyone has touched it yet. I think they're intimidated, because just one episode of the Xenosaga franchise probably has a metric ton of text. Doing a combo pack would be quite the daunting task, unfortunately :/ But there is indeed definitely hope for that

KentaRawr!
01-07-2015, 02:15 AM
Fine, I'll be the first one to say it: Final Fantasy VII. The game legitimately has a lot of flaws that could be fixed with a decent remake. Too bad Square Enix is incapable of doing one.

If they did remake it, I'd like for there to be a better explanation for why everyone splits up. Like, what do they do if they aren't with Cloud? :shrug:

Secret of Mana is definitely up there, too. So much cut content. So much.

Sometimes games just need small tweaks, though. Like how in the DS version of Resident Evil 1, they map the knife to a shoulder button instead of making the player switch to it through the menu whenever they want to use it. Or how in the Dreamcast versions of all the RE games from 1 to 3, you can check your health and ammo.

The Man
01-07-2015, 02:38 AM
Oh yeah, I'm 100% on board with a Secret of Mana remake for sure. I'm even fine if they just release a SNES-looking version that has the cut content. I would pay good money for that. As long as it looks better than the character sprites on that iOS remake of FFVI.

Iceglow
01-07-2015, 08:36 AM
Too Human had a great premise, the viking tale of the apocalypse told against a cyber/techno-sorcery backdrop with Diablo/Gauntlet style game play had literally oodles of potential. However, the execution of the project by the studio was deeply flawed.

Personally I put it down to the fact that the game was originally designed for the original xbox and then got postponed to be released for 360. The postponement meant a game which graphically would have been gorgeous 2 generations ago became less than average on the 360/ps3 generation. Other major flaws were the controls which put melee attacks on the right analogue stick as well as aiming for ranged attacks. The biggest and most annoying part however was the death animation, you will die playing this game A LOT it's a mechanic of the game. However, each death which can sometimes be 5 seconds of combat apart should not force you to sit through a minute long animation. There were certain mechanics taking place during the death animation sure, it caused a push back effect and some damage to enemies in melee proximity to your character and opened up some distance for you to bring ranged weaponry to bear by spawning you further back up the path but that should still have been handled off screen in about 2 seconds of processor use.

I'd also say that whilst the game had a great story proposal the level execution left a lot to be desired. The game shipped with just 4 missions to fight through (not counting the time spent in the virtual realm of Yggdrasil) but each mission lasted well over an hour. Sure games have proven that these big missions can be fun to co-ordinate with. However, when playing the game as a single player experience it meant that with the death count rising you'd be forced to crawl through these mission levels at a snails pace. The game was of course, like most Gauntlet/Diablo style games designed with teamwork in mind. However, even then finding 2 or 3 people who were able and willing to play a deeply flawed game for over an hour to complete just 1 mission is quite difficult. The game would have benefited greatly from an increased number of missions of shorter length telling the same story. Though this could possibly be skipped.

The game was supposed to be the first of 3, sadly the team making it went under due to how bad it failed. However, I'd love to see someone take the rights over, fix the poor controls and death animation decisions, properly fix the graphical qualities and re-release the game for either the 360/PS3 or XBO/PS4 generation. I truly think that with the right adjustments it'd be an amazing game to play and would sell well enough to justify finishing the story with the 2 sequels which were abandoned.

Bubba
01-07-2015, 12:55 PM
I just want the analogue controls on Shadow of the Colossus to not be backwards.

IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK, DAMMIT?!!

Christmas
06-25-2022, 02:17 PM
LEGEND OF LEGAIA!