PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a good tool and/or Firefox addon to keep me from getting distracted

Pike
01-02-2015, 01:37 PM
I will be the first to admit that my willpower when it comes to internet distractions is terribly weak. But now that it's 2015 I would like to focus on important things and not get so sidetracked by Facebook, Tumblr, or Twitter every ten minutes.

Do you guys know of any good time-management programs or site blockers or things like that? Leechblock for Firefox is pretty good but I wanted to see if there were any "killer apps" or anything out there that I don't know about.

Shauna
01-02-2015, 04:24 PM
My friend used one for 4chan during study times, but I cannot remember for the life of me what it was.

I will try and get in contact to find out what it was she used. :3

Dr Unne
01-03-2015, 12:09 AM
I use Leechblock. The key for me was setting it to block sites during the day but allow them at night. A half hour on reddit at night before bed is enough time for me catch up on a day's worth of crap on there, without spending all day mindlessly browsing and refreshing.

Freya
01-03-2015, 06:34 PM
Stayfocusd on chrome. (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/stayfocusd/laankejkbhbdhmipfmgcngdelahlfoji?hl=en)

I used it during nano but actually had to remove it cause I put too many restrictions on myself and couldn't get article writing done for EoFF. But it worked! It gives you times and blacklists/whitelists certain sites