PDA

View Full Version : Civilization series

Pike
01-02-2015, 08:01 PM
Good stuff. What's your favorite entry? I'm partial to IV although II is of course a classic.

What are some Civilization stories you have to share? One time Huxley and I were playing multiplayer and he built enough nukes to carpet bomb Isabella. I.E. he bombed every single tile she owned. It was quite impressive, if I do say so myself! :monocle:

Psychotic
01-02-2015, 08:04 PM
I refuse to acknowledge anything that happened after Civ II. I owned it on four different platforms because it was so smurfing awesome (Amiga, Mac, PC and PlayStation in case you care) though Civ 1 was probably one of my favourite games when I was 6 or 7.

Actually, Civilization Revolution was a hell of a lot of fun, I just wish games lasted longer.

Madame Adequate
01-02-2015, 08:11 PM
Civ II is amazing, sure, but III was very very good (if flawed in places), and IV is the best entry in the series and, excepting SMAC, the entire genre.

Also if you want a Civ game that lasts longer play the Caveman 2 Cosmos mod for IV. You can start in 40,000 BC and go into the far future. The longest game length is like 14,000 turns.

Pike
01-02-2015, 08:35 PM
Also if you want a Civ game that lasts longer play the Caveman 2 Cosmos mod for IV. You can start in 40,000 BC and go into the far future. The longest game length is like 14,000 turns.

>you will never beat Caveman 2 Cosmos

Feels bad man, I think once I got to the medieval period? Once?

Oh another fun Civ story, one time I made a GIANT MONSTER STACK OF DOOM and marched them all the way across to Mister Adequate's nation. It was some weird map riddled with mountains so it kind of took forever. Anyways I got there and he BLUFFED ME HARD and told me I would die if I attacked him. And because I'm a loser I believed him and turned tail :(

(I would have wrecked him hard)

Wyllius
01-02-2015, 09:26 PM
I adore Civ II

I lost most of the my life to Civ III

Never enjoyed IV

I do like V though, it's fun, but I miss building an army large enough to conquer the universe and helping my neighbours let me have their resources

Psychotic
01-02-2015, 09:43 PM
Are we swapping EoFF civ stories? Civilization with my boy Steve was always fun. Online it takes the form of 2 vs 2 vs 1 for some unknown reason, so it's us vs two AI vs one AI. He's England, I'm China. And throughout he's telling me about this epic war he's got with Germany. Legions, horsemen, etc. before making way for knights and pikemen and so on. All throughout this he's been telling me how amazing it is but also asking for some assistance. I don't think anyone captured anything, they sieged him and he killed them and marched to their city, and then they killed him. Stalemate.

Anyway they're both massing knights for this gargantuan medieval showdown when all of a sudden, a Chinese landing craft pulls up on the shore and out pile several tanks which promptly obliterate the German Knights and smash through into Leipzig and Bonn and whatever other stupid cities they always have for Germany on Civ.

Steve is dumbfounded. How can I have tanks when he only has knights? He then comes to the realisation that "you got to tech up in peace because I was holding the Germans at bay" and it makes him feel better. Bless. Of course, those of you who are paying attention will note that I said it was 2 vs 2 vs 1. Quite who he thought had been fighting the other two civs the entire time I don't know. When I pointed this out he got a bit quiet after that, but soon perked up when I said he could have couple of the German cities :3:

Madame Adequate
01-02-2015, 09:48 PM
Awww, bless.

Wyllius
01-02-2015, 10:06 PM
Give your friends a city for chrimbus.

I do enjoy a good global war, especially if it's one I engineered so I could take a few cities here and there.

Wolf Kanno
01-03-2015, 04:05 AM
Civ II was my jam when I was a kid and one of the few PC games I still play to this day. Though Colonization was a favorite as well.

I don't have any real stories, though I am cursed by the game because in one of the best games I ever played I totally screwed over the Aztecs and wiped them off the face of the Civ world in my genocidal conquest of the world. I swear the game remembers this and ever since no matter how many times I start a new game, I always end up being pitted against the Aztecs and they go out of their way to destroy me or completely smurf me over. Good times... :D

Rez09
01-04-2015, 02:48 AM
I played a game of Civ V as America once, where, after nearly wiping them out, I gave the Iroquois a little 1 pop/6 tile city I made that was completely boxed in by the rest of my empire. I didn't think much of it at the time, but then I realized what I had done and what a terrible person I am. :'(