PDA

View Full Version : What sports do you find yourself unable to enjoy?

Loony BoB
01-03-2015, 11:59 AM
I just can't seem to enjoy watching golf no matter what I do. Tennis is almost as bad, but not quite golf bad. I imagine it's one of those sports that is a lot better if you play it but... urgh. No, not for me, no sir.

fat_moogle
01-03-2015, 12:05 PM
Curling.

SWEEP! SWEEP! SWEEEEEEEEP!

*yawn*

I also agree that Golf is a boring sport to watch, but I don't mind watching Tennis. Can't say I've ever played either.

Night Fury
01-03-2015, 01:47 PM
Most sports honestly, they're just dull to me. Soz peeps.

escobert
01-03-2015, 03:58 PM
I really can't watch anything that isn't NFL or NHL on TV. Live is different. I'll watch most any sport live.

Ayen
01-03-2015, 04:05 PM
Baseball, hockey, and soccer.

blackmage_nuke
01-03-2015, 04:18 PM
Baseball, Cricket and Golf. Basically anything turn based or where the two teams arent doing the same thing at the same time or where half the players are standing around doing nothing.

That only counts for watching, I enjoy playing billiards

Colonel Angus
01-03-2015, 08:19 PM
Figure skating, but that's borderline as a sport.

Mirage
01-03-2015, 08:22 PM
Soccer, basketball, football, rugby, icehockey, baseball, biathlon, slalom, snowboarding, and probably a few more as well.

Crop
01-04-2015, 01:21 AM
Other than football, Formula 1 and boxing (and events during the Olympics), I struggle to enjoy any sport. Rugby, cricket, tennis, golf, darts, baseball, American Football etc. I've given them all a fair shake, but I just can't get into them.

Rocket Edge
01-07-2015, 07:39 PM
Any sport I don't know anything about or information on the players etc. Cricket for instance. I know a good bit about F1 but was completely turned off it when it's dominated by Red Bull and now McClaren. It's just a two horse race to the title. If they were all given an equal car at the start, it would be a spectacle.

Shorty
01-07-2015, 07:42 PM
Golf. Golf is not a sport.

Del Murder
01-07-2015, 08:48 PM
Soccer. It's too simple and there's not enough scoring. Also auto racing when there is not crashes which is most of the time.

Pheesh
01-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Any motorsports, rugby, darts, bowling, lawn bowls, curling, cycling, everything except the last few holes of a golf tournament, any soccer that isn't international or Premier League and anything to do with horses.

chionos
01-08-2015, 04:40 AM
Golf, car racing of any kind (except for maybe the offroad stuff sometimes), Soccer, NBA basketball post-Michael Jordan era. Did I mention golf? Tennis for the most part, though I've watched some matches that were hella fun, mostly the big names playing against each other (Sampras vs. Agassi, Nedal vs. Federer).

Hannibal_Khan
01-10-2015, 03:53 PM
Cricket, tennis, The entire winter olympics, and soccer(save for world cup or Olympics. #'Murica)

Soccer is a sport i think i could get into, but some of the rules kinda bug me, oh and the flopping. It seems like sometimes they stop the clock and sumtimes they dont for things? and then the time is added to the end of the game? Soccer lovers, u know what im talking about? Also the offsides rule i think is dumb. I would also shorten the field, its too easy to just pass the ball around for the last 5 mins if your up.

chionos
01-11-2015, 09:41 PM
The offsides rules is essential, and in my own personal opinion, once you understand it, it adds to what little excitement there is in the game.

The flopping is so lame. I don't enjoy it at all. The same goes for the NBA. Flopping's one of the main reasons I don't watch the NBA. I don't like fake shit.

Depression Moon
01-11-2015, 10:26 PM
All of them unless we're counting e-sports.

escobert
01-12-2015, 04:32 PM
I like watching the world cup, I wish they had a big tournament like that for every major sport.

Loony BoB
01-14-2015, 03:05 PM
I like watching the world cup, I wish they had a big tournament like that for every major sport.
I'd be surprised if they don't. I know that there is the IFAF World Championship for American Football, for example, although the US didn't participate in the first two and fielded a heavily weakened team for the second two (but still won both). But most global sports have a world cup of some kind. It just happens that some sports popular in America are not so popular outside of America, and thus world cups for these sports aren't as popular or provide as good viewing.

Oh, and this only goes for team sports, generally. Obviously individual sports tend to have multiple people from some countries etc.

World's Popular Sports and their World Cups
Football - FIFA World Cup
Cricket - ICC Cricket World Cup (one day game) & ICC World Twenty20 (2-4 hour game)
Basketball - FIBA Basketball World Cup
Baseball - World Baseball Classic
Volleyball - Volleyball World Championship
Field Hockey - Hockey World Cup
Ice Hockey - Ice Hockey World Championships
American Football - IFAF World Championship
Rugby Union - Rugby World Cup
Rugby League - Rugby League World Cup
Rugby Sevens - Rugby World Cup Sevens
Handball - World Handball Championship
Bowling - WTBA World Championships

More can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_sports_championships

MissH
01-20-2015, 03:43 PM
I just don't get rugby! It looks so violent and the players are always covered in blood and you can never see the ball or whatever it's called anyway!

Also, I despise boxing. I think it's like something you would read in a history book "People would beat each other to a pulp to prove who was the strongest". I mean Jesus, it's horrific. I just don't get why anyone would want to do that to another human, and then to call it sport?! I don't bloody think so!

My favourite sport is football. I'm a huge Man United fan.

Shiny
01-23-2015, 02:08 AM
Golf is probably the most boring old people sport ever not only to watch but also to play. My friends and I invented extreme mini golf to just make it a little more exciting. NBA and WBA both boring as hell. Streetball is far superior and much more entertaining to watch. Professional basketball is a joke. I second that Michael Jordan era was the best.

Jess
01-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Golf, Cricket, Tennis.

And darts. Do darts count?

Pumpkin
01-25-2015, 06:06 PM
Most sports

chionos
01-27-2015, 09:11 PM
Golf, Cricket, Tennis.

And darts. Do darts count?

You must ask yourself the essential 3: Is something thrown, kicked, or swatted for points? If so, it is sport.

Also, drunk sport is still sport. Especially if someone draws blood.

Freya
01-27-2015, 09:25 PM
Golf and Baseball. They bore me.

escobert
01-27-2015, 11:24 PM
I'd be surprised if they don't. I know that there is the IFAF World Championship for American Football, for example, although the US didn't participate in the first two and fielded a heavily weakened team for the second two (but still won both). But most global sports have a world cup of some kind. It just happens that some sports popular in America are not so popular outside of America, and thus world cups for these sports aren't as popular or provide as good viewing.

Oh, and this only goes for team sports, generally. Obviously individual sports tend to have multiple people from some countries etc.

World's Popular Sports and their World Cups
Football - FIFA World Cup
Cricket - ICC Cricket World Cup (one day game) & ICC World Twenty20 (2-4 hour game)
Basketball - FIBA Basketball World Cup
Baseball - World Baseball Classic
Volleyball - Volleyball World Championship
Field Hockey - Hockey World Cup
Ice Hockey - Ice Hockey World Championships
American Football - IFAF World Championship
Rugby Union - Rugby World Cup
Rugby League - Rugby League World Cup
Rugby Sevens - Rugby World Cup Sevens
Handball - World Handball Championship
Bowling - WTBA World Championships

More can be found here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_world_sports_championships

Well they need to advertise them like the Olympics! I check ESPNNFL everyday and had never heard of the IFAF World Championship for American Football.