PDA

View Full Version : What teams/sportspeople do you support?

Loony BoB
01-04-2015, 01:44 AM
For me...

Rugby: All Blacks, Auckland Blues, Auckland
Rugby League: Kiwis, New Zealand Warriors
Cricket: Black Caps, Auckland
Football: All Whites, Manchester United, Edinburgh City, Waitakere United, Nottingham Forest
Tennis: Andy Murray
Formula One: McLaren, Kimi Räikkönen

Ayen
01-04-2015, 01:48 AM
Kansas City Chiefs, Green Day Packers, New York Jets, and Baltimore Ravens for football. I'm not gonna lie, I know smurf all about football and just side with teams whose colors I like. I don't follow the other sports enough to have a team I support.

Colonel Angus
01-04-2015, 01:51 AM
Baseball: Chicago Cubs
Football: Chicago Bears, Carolina Panthers, Cleveland Browns & Oakland Raiders
Basketball: Chicago Bulls
Hockey: Chicago Blackhawks, Montreal Canadiens
Tennis: Ana Ivanovic
College Football: Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Crop
01-04-2015, 02:00 AM
Football - Man Utd, Sunderland, Barry Town, Carlisle
Formula 1 - Don't really support any team or driver as such, I just enjoy the racing.
Boxing - Carl Froch, Manny Pacquiao, Amir Khan
UFC - Yoshihiro Akiyama, Michael Bisping

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
01-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Football: Seattle Seahawks
Basketball: Portland Trailblazers (but I don't often care about BBall)
Soccer: Portland Timbers (Although I wish I could make myself root for the Seattle Sounders, because they are p good)
College Football: Oregon Ducks and Washington State Cougars (OR because they are good, and WA because my uncle is a professor there)
Baseball: San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks (Family is from the Bay area and my mom is from AZ)

Shorty
01-04-2015, 08:44 AM
NFL: San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, and a soft spot for the Dallas Cowboys (because my dad likes them).
MLB: San Francisco Giants
College football: University of Utah Utes

End of list.

Madame Adequate
01-04-2015, 06:42 PM
Handegg: Seattle Seahawks, Miami Dolphins (I like their colors :shobon:)
College Handegg: Montana State Bobcats
Blitzball: Al Bhed Psyches, Besaid Aurochs
Spherekick: Ards Rangers F.C.
Bounceball: Boston Celtics, Toronto Raptors

NFL: San Francisco 49ers

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

Shorty
01-04-2015, 06:48 PM
wow an internet neckbeard telling me sports things I like is wrong that didn't take long :roll2

Colonel Angus
01-04-2015, 06:53 PM
wow an internet neckbeard telling me sports things I like is wrong that didn't take long :roll2
Yeah, & he quoted the wrong team.

and a soft spot for the Dallas Cowboys (because my dad likes them)

Ayen
01-04-2015, 06:54 PM
NFL: San Francisco 49ers

You're a bad person and you should feel bad.

http://i.imgur.com/3vnRnMH.png

Madame Adequate
01-04-2015, 09:17 PM

wow uh

okay

little rude

escobert
01-04-2015, 09:20 PM
NFL - Chicago Bears and Buffalo Bills (or whoever is playing the Packers/Lions/Patriots)
NHL - My team was the Hartford Whalers but in 97 they moved in are no longer a team. So I root for whoever. Mainly Chicago, Boston and Philly.
All other sports I root for the Boston team.

Sir Lancealot
01-05-2015, 12:31 AM
Rugby League: St George Illawarra Dragons, anyone playing the Sharks.

Del Murder
01-05-2015, 06:28 PM
Baseball - Oakland A's
Football - Oakland Raiders
Basketball - Golden State Warriors

I'll also root for UCLA in anything they do though I don't really pay attention to college sports.

The Captain
01-06-2015, 01:12 AM
Baseball: NY Yankees. Been a fan since the late 1980's, so I was a fan when they stunk too.
Basketball: NY Knicks. Let's just move on, ok? Also very much loved watching the Suns with Nash and now the Warriors with Curry.
Football: New York Football Giants. Anyone playing the Pats or Cowboys.
Hockey: New York Rangers
Soccer: Liverpool FC. Haven't really followed MLS too much, guess it's the Red Bulls? Though since Gerrard is going to the Galaxy I'll watch them too.
Tennis: Roger Federer

New York doesn't really have any big college teams, so I abstain there.

Take care all.

Sephex
01-06-2015, 05:53 AM
Football: Bears. *sigh*

Other sports I passively follow. I basically root for Chicago to win. I used to be into baseball when I was a kid, and it is a huge sin to root for both the Cubs and Sox. I take great pleasure in doing that to piss off local people. I was also caught up in the Bulls (basketball) mania in the 90s. It helps when Micheal Jordan is on your team. I used to dislike hockey because I worked in an ice arena and just got burnt out on that culture (as well as figure skating culture), but I have grown to appreciate the Blackhawks and the sport in general.

Iceglow
01-06-2015, 07:11 AM
Football: Tottenham Hotspurs, England (I don't follow football particularly closely, I'm going to make more of an effort this year)
Rugby: England (I used to follow Rugby Union too which would see me follow Saracens or Harlequins quite closely as they were fairly local teams to me)

That's about it, I watch motor sport but don't have a personal fandom for any particular drivers/team though I just enjoy watching the stuff. Particularly I enjoy the WRC.

Pike
01-06-2015, 06:27 PM
American Football: Montana State Bobcats always and forever, even though no one knows we exist. :( NFL-wise it's Seahawks because of my Seattle roots, and also dat Marshawn "Beast Mode" Lynch

Euroball/Povertyball/Welfareball/Footie: This makes me a mega casual but I prefer the big national stuff like the World Cup, Women's World Cup and the like. I'll catch a Sounders FC game if they happen to be on and I'm bored, but everyone knows that MLS is kind of, uh, lacking.

Baseball: ALWAYS THE MARINERS but >tfw you will never be in the World Series http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/negativeman-55f_zps12bc1597.png

Curling: USA sucks at this so I root for Canada by default. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/smiley/emot-canada_zps95147f77.gif

Horse racing: Whoever wins the Kentucky Derby feckin hell all I want is a Triple Crown winner in my lifetime. this is all I want.

Shiny
01-07-2015, 09:37 AM
Baseball: The Yankees
Football: Don't really care for it, but I guess The Giants since my dad is a huge fan
Soccer: Any third world country team that is doing well
Track & Field: AMURICA smurf YEAH we da best runners suck it Kenya
Basketball: Streetballers particularly Philly style peeps like "AO" who make dribbling a ball an art form
Hockey: NY Rangers
Breakdancing: BBoy Cloud, Bboy Napalm, a few others' whose names I can't remember, and my bf
Tennis: Sabrina or Venus Williams (whichever one of them is having the better year)

Quindiana Jones
01-07-2015, 10:09 AM
Nadal is a truly incredible tennis player.

Old Manus
01-07-2015, 10:17 AM
Soccer: Any third world country team that is doing well brazil gloryhunter scrub

I support Swansea City FC and Glamorgan CC. Other sports I don't really follow teams, but I like the Ospreys and Toulon.

Bubba
01-07-2015, 12:42 PM
Football (soccer) - Manchester United, Celtic
Baseball - New York Yankees
Female Topless Boxing - No favourites, I just pray the fight goes the distance

Also, I'm very patriotic (which as an Englishman apparently makes me racist or homophobic or something) so I support England in whatever sport they are currently playing.

Rocket Edge
01-07-2015, 07:27 PM
Nadal is a truly incredible tennis player.
He is, but god I hate him. ^^;

Football: Manchester United. I like seeing teams do well that have Irish roots as it's good for the national team.
Tennis: Roger Federer, Juan Martin Del Potro, Grigor Dimitrov, and some others.
Darts: Michael van Gerwen
Rugby: Ireland & Leinster
Gaelic Football & Hurling: Offaly

Pheesh
01-08-2015, 02:45 AM
NBA: Boston Celtics (I've supported these guys the longest and this was the team that started my Boston obsession and basically the reason I adopted Boston as the city I support in American Sports)
NHL: Boston Bruins
MLB: Boston Red Sox
NFL: St Louis Rams and New England Patriots (looking like this will change to just the Patriots when the Rams inevitably get moved back to LA)
AFL: Fremantle Dockers
Premier League: Arsenal

chionos
01-08-2015, 04:56 AM
MLB: Cincinnati Reds
NFL: Cincinnati Bengals, New Orleans Saints, anyone playing the Packers or Patriots
NBA: Boston Celtics, Oklahoma City Thunder, Chicago Bulls, anyone playing the Lakers
NCAAF: Kentucky Wildcats (kinda sad), Oklahoma Sooners
NCAAM: Kentucky Wildcats (makes up for the football team, and the Reds, and the Bungles)
Tennis: Federer, the Williams Sisters, because those are two badass powerful women.

Mirage
01-08-2015, 07:58 AM
I used to root for Georges St-Pierre in the UFC, but he's retired now.

Hannibal_Khan
01-10-2015, 03:38 PM
NFL: Saints
NBA: Pelicans
NCAA: Razorbacks

Spuuky
01-11-2015, 12:02 AM
My most important sports allegiance is to The Opponents of Portugal, Spain, and the Netherlands in the World Cup.

Mo-Nercy
01-11-2015, 12:14 AM
Rugby League: Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs, New South Wales Blues, Australia
Rugby: Waratahs, Wallabies
Cricket: Australia, Sydney Sixers
Formula One: Kimi Raikkonen, Daniel Ricciardo
Tennis: Roger Federer, Maria Sharapova
Basketball: Celtics, Lakers, Spurs, Nets...and a few others. Can't settle on a favourite.