PDA

View Full Version : Final fantasy V random discussion SPOILERS

Galuf
01-04-2015, 03:02 AM
Hi i make discussion for all world to see.

Im making a question. does anyone else feel ffv is depressing. because whenever i play it its fine but as soon as you enter world 2 the game gets really sad.
what with galuf watching all his friends die and then he is killed himself as his young grandaughter watches his murder unable to do anything.

feel free to write what you want i just decided to make this

The Man
01-04-2015, 03:04 AM
Compared to other games in the series like VI and VII, V is one of the lightest entries in the series. Which isn't to say that it doesn't have dark moments, but everyone in FFVI goes through something comparable to what Galuf goes through: Mog becomes literally the last member of his species; Cyan watches his entire family die; Terra is literally enslaved and forced to murder upwards of fifty people just for Kefka's kicks; and the list goes on.

Galuf
01-04-2015, 03:09 AM
Compared to other games in the series like VI and VII, V is one of the lightest entries in the series. Which isn't to say that it doesn't have dark moments, but everyone in FFVI goes through something comparable to what Galuf goes through: Mog becomes literally the last member of his species; Cyan watches his entire family die; Terra is literally enslaved and forced to murder upwards of fifty people just for Kefka's kicks; and the list goes on.

i agree i just feel more sad about the stuff that happens in FFV. but i did not know Mog was the last of his species the way hes always joking around.

Ayen
01-04-2015, 03:12 AM
Can't say I ever found it depressing, but I never got that far in the game.

Galuf
01-04-2015, 03:17 AM
Can't say I ever found it depressing, but I never got that far in the game.

its fine until world 2 but i mean some things you need to look closely for examle exdeaths castle ( after galufs death) is made from dead mangled human bodies and stuff and some of the enemies are downright wrong.

for example these horrifying creatures.
http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Poltergeist_(Final_Fantasy_V)

look at the picture .

The Man
01-04-2015, 03:21 AM
but i did not know Mog was the last of his species the way hes always joking around.
It doesn't happen until the second half of the game. He doesn't really make any acknowledgement of it in the script but nonetheless he's the only Moogle left.

Galuf
01-04-2015, 03:23 AM
but i did not know Mog was the last of his species the way hes always joking around.
It doesn't happen until the second half of the game. He doesn't really make any acknowledgement of it in the script but nonetheless he's the only Moogle left.

FF is a sad game series

Wolf Kanno
01-04-2015, 07:18 AM
I feel FFV has it's powerful moments but I would agree with The Man that I felt other entries handled it a bit better which is not saying that FFV's sad moments are less more that FFV really tries to put more of a positive spin on it. The death of the Dawn Warriors gives way to a new generation of Light Warriors. I've always felt the game's central theme was inheritance and legacy, which has real world implications when you realize that FFV was the last game many of the starting staff had a heavy hand in while VI onward featured the rise of a new staff.