PDA

View Full Version : What games should I review for 2015?

Ayen
01-04-2015, 07:25 PM
It's a new year. That means it's time for all new reviews. What games would you guys like to see me do reviews on this year? Feel free to recommend something even if it's already recommended since if something has a strong demand I'm more likely to go after it later. I haven't forgotten the other requests that has already been made. Recently I managed to get my hands on Superman 64, Sonic Heroes, Street Fighter Alpha 3, Q*Bert, and even E.T. I just lack the means to play the last one.

I have some new platforms so there are even more things you can request.

My Platforms
3DS
DS
Game Boy Advance
Game Boy Color
GameCube
Game Gear
NES
Nintendo 64
PC
PlayStation
PlayStation 2
PlayStation 3
PlayStation Portable
Sega 32X
Sega CD
Sega Genesis
Sega Master System
Steam
Super Nintendo
Xbox 360

Shoot.

Rez09
01-04-2015, 07:34 PM
Unlimited SaGa (PS2)

Oh, and try out Kenseiden on the SMS!

EDIT: Oh, oh, oh, and BS Legend of Zelda on the SNES! I'd recommend grabbing the version marked as 'third' or 'fourth' quest, since it gets rid of the timer.

Ayen
01-04-2015, 07:51 PM
EDIT: Oh, oh, oh, and BS Legend of Zelda on the SNES! I'd recommend grabbing the version marked as 'third' or 'fourth' quest, since it gets rid of the timer.

I had to look this up because when I see the letters B and S I think of a very different word.

Rez09
01-04-2015, 07:52 PM
Yeah, I know. I tell people there is a remake of the original Zelda on the SNES and they think I'm an idiot talking about Link to the Past, then I tell them it is called, 'BS Legend of Zelda' and they just think I'm a troll and ignore me. :( Very unfortunate choice of title.

Ayen
01-04-2015, 08:13 PM
Yeah, I know. I tell people there is a remake of the original Zelda on the SNES and they think I'm an idiot talking about Link to the Past, then I tell them it is called, 'BS Legend of Zelda' and they just think I'm a troll and ignore me. :( Very unfortunate choice of title.

Tell them to "Lern to Google"

This game already won me over with the ability to choose between Link and Zelda. Since I'll be reviewing the original game in April (spoilers) it makes sense to throw this one into the mix. Thanks for the suggestion.

Rez09
01-04-2015, 09:26 PM
To be fair, the Link or Zelda thing is a function of the 'Third' and 'Fourth quest' hacks that remove the timer; the original game has the player use a generic male or female avatar from the BS menu instead.

Sephiroth
01-04-2015, 09:34 PM
Have you reviewed The Last of Us already?

Ayen
01-04-2015, 09:37 PM
Have you reviewed The Last of Us already?

Yes (http://torijreviews.blogspot.com/2014/06/the-last-of-us.html).

Sephiroth
01-04-2015, 09:39 PM
Ah, yes. I think I remember. However I can hardly suggest something if it means you have to buy it.

Console-wise something for SNES.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-04-2015, 09:50 PM
Quackshot starring Donald Duck on Genesis
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse on SNES
Lion King on SNES
Aladdin on SNES and Genesis (two different games)

Do a Disney month! Really you could do a sort of Mickey and Donald month and just look at the first two on that list, Epic Mickey on Wii, The Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck on Game Gear. I haven't played Epic Mickey, but the others are all a lot of fun. At least, they were fun to kid Scotty.

I'm going to try to list something for every system you have. Sorry if you've already reviewed one or all of these

Lost Odyssey on Xbox 360
Botkai: THe Sun is in Your Hands on Gameboy Advance
Jeanne D'Arc on PSP
Super Mario Sunshine on Gamecube
Snatcher or Sonic CD on Sega CD
Fantasy Zone on Master System
Knuckles Chaotix on 32X
Batman on NES
Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse on SNES
Quack Shot starring Donald Duck on Genesis
Lucky Dime Caper starring Donald Duck on Game Gear
Metal Gear Ghost Babel on Gameboy Color (Might only be called that in Japan. I think here it might be called Metal Gear Solid. Either way, it's on Gameboy so shouldn't be too hard to look up)
The World Ends with You on DS
Shovel Knight on 3DS (can also get on Steam, Wii U, and soon on Vita and other sony platforms)
Pokemon Snap on N64
A Bug's Life on PS1 (Oh, or one of the Ape Escape games!)
Xenosaga Ep. 1 on PS2
Eternal Sonata on PS3
Angry Video Game Nerd Adventures on Steam/PC (I admit to just picking a game at random from my steam library)

Ayen
01-04-2015, 11:36 PM
Is the Lion King one different from SNES to Genesis? Because I do have that for Genesis already.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-04-2015, 11:50 PM
I think they are the same, though the music in the Genesis version sounds much worse after looking it up real quick. The music sounds really good in the SNES version.

Gameplay is the same though.

Ayen
01-04-2015, 11:54 PM
I think they are the same, though the music in the Genesis version sounds much worse after looking it up real quick. The music sounds really good in the SNES version.

That's every multi-platform game in the 16 bit era sadly. You don't even notice it if a Genesis is all you have. Luckily I already have some of those in my library. Also:

A Bug's Life on PS1

You and I are rivals now.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-05-2015, 12:04 AM
There are some games that sounded better on the SNES though. It just depended on the kind of music people were putting in their games. For instance, I feel like Earthworm Jim sounded much better on the Genesis of memory serves me correctly. Anything going for the more orchestral sound would be better on the SNES, but you could stylistically make great sounding stuff on the Genesis if you give it more of a metal vibe.

Also, I remember liking A Bug's Life as a kid. I feel like it would probably be terrible if I tried playing it now, though.

Ayen
01-05-2015, 12:07 AM
I remember it being a very frustrating game.

Pumpkin
01-05-2015, 01:28 AM
Atelier Totori or Meruru (or both)
Eternal Sonata
La Pucelle Tactics
Ape Escape 3

Girls Fashion Shoot :bigsmile:

Some of those Scotty already said so you have to do them now because we both said so. Thats the rules

Mirage
01-05-2015, 01:36 AM
you promised to review some tales games.

Ayen
01-05-2015, 01:40 AM
you promised to review some tales games.

I did. I might be able to get my hands on them after I sort out some stuff with my bank. Smurfers charged me for something I cancelled, gave me back the money, and then took it away again. I should have a lot more than what I have.

Ergroilnin
01-05-2015, 05:31 AM
Any Shin Megami Tensei franchise.

Pete for President
01-05-2015, 09:55 PM
Get a PS4 and review Bloodborne. It's from your favourite developer and director :p

Ayen
01-05-2015, 10:14 PM
Get a PS4 and review Bloodborne. It's from your favourite developer and director :p

Great. You gonna give me four-hundred bucks?

Shauna
01-05-2015, 10:18 PM
Deadly

Premonition

Pete for President
01-06-2015, 06:24 AM

Great. You gonna give me four-hundred bucks?

No. :cry:

Ayen
01-06-2015, 05:22 PM
Deadly

Premonition

I am disappointed this does not star Phoebe Halliwell.

Loony BoB
01-06-2015, 05:26 PM
I'll second Lost Odyssey (I haven't finished it yet myself) and will throw in Far Cry 3 and Freelancer.