PDA

View Full Version : Which is harder to win: The FA Cup or the Carling Cup?

Loony BoB
01-06-2015, 01:16 PM
Or whatever the league cup is called these days.

Old Manus
01-06-2015, 01:20 PM
The Joka Cola cup?

Loony BoB
01-06-2015, 01:26 PM
Something like that. I just keep thinking about this. Technically, surely, the likelihood of facing tougher opposition is higher in the league cup? Which means it should be considered harder to win. But then you consider that many teams put out weakened sides for the league cup when compared to the FA Cup and... yeah. Not to mention there are more rounds in the FA Cup, although I'd find it a big shock if the winning team faced opposition lower than League Two regardless of "but more rounds" so it's not really doing much to make it tougher for the potential winner... unless you're below League Two, of course.

Old Manus
01-06-2015, 02:50 PM
I remember in Premier Manager 98 (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KhqIUePDhYI), it was ridiculously hard to win the League Cup. Like, you could piss the Champions League with a team made up of the likes of Zidane, Bergkamp, Maldini and Ronaldo, but getting past the second round of the LC (back when the games were played over two legs) was too much for your Galacticos. Bit of pointless trivia for you.

Psychotic
01-06-2015, 04:22 PM
Carling Cup has a two legged semi final, always tricky. And there's less of this ~*MAGIC OF THE CUP, GIANT KILLINGS MFFFFFMFFMFMFFFF*~ narrative that I absolutely despise.