PDA

View Full Version : One for the oldbies.

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2015, 07:59 AM
So here has made a mixtape? You know this:

Did you use to make them? Which one is your favorite? Did you ever get mixtapes from other people? Making these used to be one of my hobbies when I was in high school. I liked arranging the order of music to create a mood.

Sephex
01-09-2015, 08:19 AM
Tons. For myself. I lived a lonely life.

Okay, for real, I just liked the idea and liked taking song and making compilations for myself. Getting 120 min tapes for an epic 2 hour mix? Hell yeah! My dad seriously took it to the next level. He made mixing a tape an art. Volumes and volumes of themed mixes. Dude made over 10 Blues mixes alone.

Pike
01-09-2015, 10:22 AM
All of mine were compilations of C64, SNES, and Game Boy music, made by lovingly holding my Talkboy up to the speakers of the TV as the right song played.

I'm not even making this up. I still have all of these tapes somewhere. One of them includes the Hall of Fame music (and relevant Pokemon cries) for my very first time beating the Elite Four.

The kicker is that I would listen to these pretty much daily. And also that I was in high school.

No shame.

Sephex
01-09-2015, 10:32 AM
All of mine were compilations of C64, SNES, and Game Boy music, made by lovingly holding my Talkboy up to the speakers of the TV as the right song played.

I'm not even making this up. I still have all of these tapes somewhere. One of them includes the Hall of Fame music (and relevant Pokemon cries) for my very first time beating the Elite Four.

The kicker is that I would listen to these pretty much daily. And also that I was in high school.

No shame.

I did this too, but with different games! Obviously, Final Fantasy soundtracks. I had one of Mega Man X music too (thank god for sound test stuff included in games)! There was also the time I took the sound effects of Vader breathing in Super Empire Strikes Back and made it sound like he was rapping!

Like, I legit want to hug you right now. Lots of awesome memories.

Rocket Edge
01-09-2015, 12:36 PM
I made mixed CD's with dance music and shamelessly (and drunkenly) attempt to give them to the DJ before over 16 discos. It worked a lot too - good times. :spin:

Shorty
01-09-2015, 05:04 PM
I made bunches of them for myself when I was a kid. When I got into jr. high and high school, we traded mixed cds. Did that a ton between friends and boyfriends.

Ayen
01-09-2015, 06:28 PM
Never made one. I did used to record myself on a tape recorder and pretend I had my own radio show.

Oh wait, I just remembered I did. I used to record a bunch of random songs on the radio that I liked.

The Man
01-09-2015, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I made mixtapes, and later mix CD-Rs. I still make playlists when the mood strikes me, too.

theundeadhero
01-09-2015, 06:38 PM
I kept a tape in the player so I could record if I good song came on the radio.