PDA

View Full Version : Free Audio recording programs

Wolf Kanno
01-09-2015, 08:46 AM
I'm looking for some suggestions and perhaps links to a a few websites or programs that are noob friendly for recording and linking audio. I'm stressing noob friendly.

I know about audacity and utilizing programs like dropbox or youtube to link the video some place but I need something for the technical impaired. Any suggestions.

chionos
01-09-2015, 09:53 AM
It depends on what you're trying to do, but Vocaroo (http://vocaroo.com/)'s super easy. Don't even need software for it if you're not needing to do anything fancy. Handles the recording and the linking both. I use Audacity, and find it incredibly simple compared to other things I've had to use in the past, so I'm not sure what you're looking for exactly if Audacity doesn't work for you.

If you end up using software, and just need something to upload the files to in order to link them, there's Soundcloud (https://soundcloud.com)

Galuf
01-09-2015, 10:23 AM
on my FFV lp i record my voice using audacity. thank shauna

Pike
01-09-2015, 10:31 AM
I'm looking for some suggestions and perhaps links to a a few websites or programs that are noob friendly for recording and linking audio. I'm stressing noob friendly.

Seconding Vocaroo. It's basically the very thing you're describing.

Night Fury
01-09-2015, 12:24 PM
Vocaroo can occasionally butcher your quality though.

Psychotic
01-09-2015, 01:54 PM
I know you mentioned it, but I use Audacity and I think it's really simple. There is some fancy stuff you can do sure, but if you just want to record and maybe delete mistakes or coughs out, it's really easy and straightforward.

Loony BoB
01-09-2015, 02:16 PM
Agree regarding Audacity. Otherwise, I assume Windows still has an in-built Sound Recorder thing. Vocaroo, meanwhile, is indeed good for sharing recordings, although the quality is poor and it is easy to lose your recordings if you lose the url, as it's not something you can easily log in and find using a search or anything.

Galuf
01-09-2015, 03:10 PM
I know you mentioned it, but I use Audacity and I think it's really simple. There is some fancy stuff you can do sure, but if you just want to record and maybe delete mistakes or coughs out, it's really easy and straightforward.

your right its so simple you press one button to record and when your done you press it again. any unwanted parts you just highlight and pres delete.

Wolf Kanno
01-10-2015, 08:03 AM
I usually use Audacity but I'm probably going to be working with people who will have issues figuring out how to upload the audio so while I will use this as an option I'm still looking for an easy way to record and link the audio to other sites.

Pheesh
01-11-2015, 08:58 AM
Soundcloud has a built in recording function. I've never used it but you just click 'upload > record new', and it will use whatever default microphone is attached to the computer. That way all your recordings will be saved to your soundcloud account for future reference as well.

Shiny
09-22-2015, 09:29 PM
Discovered a program called Ardour which is not that new but was recently updated about 30 days ago. It's interface is very similar to Pro Tools and as a result it enables you to mix with relative ease if you're familiar with PT. You can also record it in as you can with PT and perform Automation. When I have some free time I'm going to record a screen capture of me testing it out.

But as others have said Audacity is the most noob friendly option if all you want to do is record and then export put a .wav. .mp3 is super compressed so I wouldn't recommend. I usually just attach files to emails ends use they're small enough or upload it with WeTrasnfer if it's alot of them.