PDA

View Full Version : Did you like the story of FFV?

Lazerface
01-12-2015, 09:39 PM
I kinda did. I liked the fact it returned to the roots of FF with the Warriors of Light concept, that and it was pretty damn funny. What did you think?

Ayen
01-12-2015, 09:42 PM
I liked what little of it I saw. It was my introduction to the Four Warriors of Light concept since I wouldn't play the original Final Fantasy until later.

Galuf
01-12-2015, 09:45 PM
story is cool funny and sad. as some people know it is my 2nd favourite FF game so yeah

Lazerface
01-12-2015, 10:18 PM
^^It's on the list of my favorites beside its younger brother FFVI.

Electroshock Therapy
01-12-2015, 10:23 PM
It may not have as many twists and intricate sub-plots as its predecessor and successor, but FF V keeps its focus pretty well. I like the fact that the villain of the game turns out to be... the villain of the game! Shock! It's simple and straight forward, but sometimes that's all you need. That, and a good cast of characters.

Lazerface
01-12-2015, 11:39 PM
The real reason why ExDeath was such a villain was because his mother Cloud of Darkness never hugged him as a child. So the true way to defeat ExDeath is to give him a hug.

Spooniest
01-13-2015, 12:28 AM
FFV's story is kind of tepid. It never really gets all that immersive, and there isn't a lot of emotional content. It's one step above a serialized Saturday morning cartoon in quality.

Still, the plot curve is stable and the music is near the pinnacle of the series...so the answer to the OP is "sure, why not."

Lazerface
01-13-2015, 12:54 AM
^^At least it wasn't FFIII's story. There was honestly no character development there. Liked FFIII, just not the characters. They honestly had no life to them.

Wolf Kanno
01-13-2015, 06:33 AM
Yeah I like FFV's story. While I agree with others that it's the weakest of the SNES era, I still feel it gets the job done and I still have a serious crush on Faris.

Fynn
01-13-2015, 10:10 AM
I like it a lot. Back when I played it as a kid, I found it really gripping, since most of that stuff was new to me, and was probably one of the first stories I really got to get immersed in. And then the GBA version's translation made it even better.

metagloria
01-13-2015, 02:47 PM
...there was a story?

Galuf
01-13-2015, 04:26 PM
...there was a story?

yeah the story was: Galuf goes on an adventure and beats the tree dude. but thats just the basic. Galuf.

metagloria
01-13-2015, 04:29 PM
I was pretty sure the story was: Four warriors get roped into a quest AND GET SUPER SWEET JOBS FROM CRYSTALS also there's a bad guy they fight or something

Spooniest
01-13-2015, 04:59 PM
^^At least it wasn't FFIII's story. There was honestly no character development there. Liked FFIII, just not the characters. They honestly had no life to them.

The real point is that it isn't FFIV's story. The stories had gotten steadily more serious and complex with every installment, and FFV took a step back from FFIV's bigger cast and hefty themes. FFVI, afterward, would resume the trend of more serious and more complex stories.

This makes FFV stick out a bit.

Galuf
01-13-2015, 05:23 PM
lol metagloria i was joking. i was making the point that the game is epic and Galuf is in it

Loony BoB
01-13-2015, 05:27 PM
The story just didn't seem that important compared to the gameplay. In retrospect, FFV was very WRPG-ish in some ways!

Madame Adequate
01-13-2015, 09:31 PM
I'm actually playing through V right now, and I quite like the story. Little is being taken altogether too seriously for the most part, but when serious things do occur, it's treated well and feels important. But nobody spends very long moping or being unhappy, they just say "Hey let's go KILL EXDEATH :hyper:" and everyone readily agrees, which is pretty nice.