PDA

View Full Version : Parks and Rec

blackmage_nuke
01-14-2015, 11:29 AM
IT'S BACK!!!
:hyper::excited::eager::omgomg::dance:

But only for 13 episodes, then it'll be gone forever, like 5000 candles in the wind
:(:cry::ohdear::whimper::G:crying2::crying::slump:

Anyone watch the first 2 eps?

Agent Proto
01-14-2015, 05:49 PM
New episodes already?!

sharkythesharkdogg
01-14-2015, 06:00 PM
Really? I appreciated that they stopped it after it completed a descent overall story arc, and ended on high popularity. I hope they don't drive it into the ground.

Pumpkin
01-14-2015, 06:02 PM
Really? I appreciated that they stopped it after it completed a descent overall story arc, and ended on high popularity. I hope they don't drive it into the ground.

I already told you they were coming back for a half season :colbert:

He never listens to me

sharkythesharkdogg
01-14-2015, 06:04 PM
Eat your salad.

Shorty
01-14-2015, 06:24 PM
Haven't seen them yet! Though I do wonder if such a thing was necessary, as sharky says. What storylines could they possibly unfold and then wrap up in thirteen episodes?

Colonel Angus
01-15-2015, 03:07 AM
Ron & Leslie are now enemies.

Jessweeee♪
01-15-2015, 04:56 AM
I'd heard that they already knew they were getting more episodes when they decided to jump the season six finale ahead three years. Can't seem to find a source though so idk maybe I just made that up in my brain somewhere.

So far in this new season I think my favorite scene is Leslie and Ron acting out Tammy scenarios.

Del Murder
01-15-2015, 04:12 PM
I just consider this a bonus season.

Shlup
01-17-2015, 02:27 AM
I just consider this a bonus season.

That's a good way to think of it. The last season finale was solid, and this is just like an epilogue.

I like it so far, though a lot of people don't like change so I'd be surprised if it was well-received overall. BJ already doesn't like it. All "Why this? Why that!"

Dat Matt
01-19-2015, 09:19 PM
We watched the episodes a few days ago. I dunno what it was, but it seemed kind of empty. The random timeskip was a big disconnect from the previous series. It's like the cast and characters have moved on but they are back for one series for old time sake. I dunno. Maybe I'm just mad.

blackmage_nuke
01-22-2015, 09:37 AM
3 and 4 were great episodes but 4 felt like it shouldve been later in the season or atleast midseason. Makes me wonder how theyre actually going to fill the whole season.

Colonel Angus
01-22-2015, 11:57 AM
3 and 4 were great episodes but 4 felt like it shouldve been later in the season or atleast midseason. Makes me wonder how theyre actually going to fill the whole season.
i felt like that was resolved quite quickly, too. however, i dinnae like where it was going, so i'm happy things got resolved.

Del Murder
01-22-2015, 11:22 PM
They only have 13 episodes to wrap up the whole show so it made perfect sense to move the story along quickly. I liked that the Ron/Leslie feud was resolved early on because those characters are much more entertaining as unlikely allies considering their philosophical differences.

Jessweeee♪
02-10-2015, 05:15 AM
I really liked the most recent episode. Ben and Leslie getting drunk is always good tv.

CimminyCricket
02-10-2015, 05:22 AM
So far it's a solid push in the future. I definitely feel like they aren't really grasping for straws for a lot of what they're doing with the characters.

blackmage_nuke
02-25-2015, 07:50 AM
Great last episode, though I kinda wanted to see what happened to the Tammy's

Colonel Angus
02-28-2015, 06:55 PM
Great last episode, though I kinda wanted to see what happened to the Tammy's
I liked it as well. I can't believe they forgot about them.

I'd also like to know what was the point of Ron ever getting married again. They never brought his wife back again & hardly ever mentioned it.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-28-2015, 09:47 PM
I imagine they just couldn't get the actress and kids involved for the final season. They do at least acknowledge them occasionally rather than just forgetting that Mark Brandanoquits exists.

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2015, 10:55 PM
Yeah I was expecting him to pop in at least once or twice after his exit but he never did! He was gone forever! I'm ok with that, he was kind of a prop character. I liked the epilogue within the epilogue at the end, it was all very cute.

Shorty
03-02-2015, 02:25 AM
It's over and I can't stop crying :( I felt like the "finale" beforehand was kindof rushed and terrible and I didn't like it. Leslie yelling at some dude and firing him because he made a mistake? Was that supposed to show that she's got guts now or something? It just seemed a really weird thing for her character and I didn't like it.

This last season, though. It was perfect and I loved it. It felt quite rushed, but I'm okay with that. I was begging and praying that Ann and Chris would show up again and I was so happy to see them that I started crying right along with Leslie. An intensely emotional episode, hoo boy. But super happy. Really good and really solid ending. And I'm so sad it's over, because Leslie Knope, fictional though she may be, is one of the greatest female role models in the history of ever.

Yeah I was expecting him to pop in at least once or twice after his exit but he never did! He was gone forever! I'm ok with that, he was kind of a prop character. I liked the epilogue within the epilogue at the end, it was all very cute.

You know, I didn't even think about Mark at all, but it would have been nice to see him! I also wish we saw other familiar faces in the last episode, like Tammy and Jamm and Carl from Parks Safety and so on. Would have seriously loved it if Carl showed up. But it was still good.

Really sad about Harris, though. Five days before the finale aired. That must have been so incredibly difficult for the cast.

Scotty_ffgamer
03-02-2015, 05:39 AM
There is a "producer's cut" of the movie on Hulu you can watch. It's like 10 minutes longer? Maybe a little more. It has a couple of extra scenes for people in it. (As a note, don't expect the Tammys). I would have loved a bit more time in the finale, but unfortunately you are limited in time when it comes to tv. In light of that, I am okay with some of the missing people.

It's sad knowing it's over though. I got really excited about getting to the new episodes when I started marathoning it the past couple of weeks. Now no more new episodes.

CimminyCricket
03-02-2015, 05:42 AM
Yeah, now I feel bad having never watched it before. I started in late 2014 after it had been out for years. I feel foolish for not having watched it sooner. Still very sad I misse d, it though. :C

Shlup
03-04-2015, 02:04 AM
Finally watched the end! It was great. I mean, can you reasonably ask for much more? I wasn't expecting Ann and Chris to show up; that was really nice. I wasn't expecting the flash-forward thing at all; I found it very satisfying.

I'd also like to know what was the point of Ron ever getting married again. They never brought his wife back again & hardly ever mentioned it.

Did they mention his brothers ever? That's part of Ron's character. Though I imagine Xena's a busy lady.

Shorty
03-04-2015, 02:08 AM
They did, though, about his brothers. Several times in season two and three, actually! When Ron gets shot in the head and is berating Leslie, he says, "Maybe when my brothers and I are watching the superbowl, you can come over and shoot me in the head!" Among some other references to them. There are atleast two, possibly three.

Which is why when they tried to pull the "Ron why have you never told us you had any brothers?!" I was like uhhhhhh he has dudes wtf

blackmage_nuke
03-04-2015, 02:28 AM
Which is why when tried to pull the "Ron why have you never told us you had any brothers?!" I was like uhhhhhh he has dudes wtf

AHA but it was Ben and Andy who didnt know he had any brothers, however all the quotes I could find:

"It's just like my brother's. He's an officer in the Air Force."
Concerning Leslie's haircut at the banquet honouring her mother. Andy is at home because his leg is broken, Ben has yet to be introduced

"You know Leslie, the Super Bowl is in a couple months, I usually watch it with my brothers."
When the gang went out hunting, Andy was at the office with April on hold with the State Parks Department. Ben has yet to be introduced

"You know, when I was 12, my brother shot me in the pinky toe with a nail gun."
When Leslie and Ron were hiding from Ben and Tammy 1. Andy and Ben were no where around the cabin.

SO it is completely understandable that they dont know Ron has any brothers.

I wouldve also liked to see Officer Dave Sanderson show up but thats just because I like Louis CK. Also I wouldve liked an epilogue for that guy at the Accounting firm. Maybe one of triplets becomes an Intern at the accounting firm. Though I understand they were pressed for time

Though its understandable that they dont bring back his wife because A. the actress was probably busy and B. it's none of your godamn business.

Shorty
03-04-2015, 02:56 AM
Okay :p but it made no sense to blow that scene up like that about him having brothers like it was a huge secret because it was clearly something he had mentioned before and wasn't sensitive about and we all already knew about it.

And no, I wanted more Lucy Lawless, god damn it. :colbert:

Scotty_ffgamer
03-04-2015, 05:50 AM
It could be a sign just of how much Ron respects Leslie that he brings them up to her. I mean, it's only happened a few times as well. There's also the time skip happening. I think it would be easy for Ben or Andy to suddenly get a bit weirded out about not knowing even if they had a couple of passing references over the years. It is weird in the context of a tv show, though. It would have been better payoff if we the viewer didn't know about them either, which is why the joke may fall a little flat for people (I had just marathoned everything before marathoning the final season so it was all fresh on my mind).

The accounting firm would have been good. I think it would have been kind of funny to have one of the triplets go to the accounting firm to get a job and have them get so excited to get Ben's kid, only to have him/her decide against it or quit. Continue the tradition! At the same time, that joke was played up a bit too much and maybe it would have been more fitting to get a Cones of Dunshire thing going with them.

Shauna Malwae-Tweep, Bobby Newport, a bit of Councilman Jam. Also a couple of scenes are extended with one funny one and a couple of that seem to go on for a little too long. It would be worth watching if you haven't yet. It's on hulu!

Shorty
06-05-2015, 03:36 AM
I know it's been a few months since the finale, but does anyone else rewatch this show? I am almost halfway through another watch-through, and by the time I'm done, I'll probably be ready to go back and start over again :shobon:

Scotty_ffgamer
06-05-2015, 04:40 AM
I rewatched it just before watching the final season when it aired. I'll probably do it again pretty soon.

blackmage_nuke
06-05-2015, 11:28 AM
Im going to wait a year or so before I do a full rewatch so I can forget the jokes. Also Im not quite ready to be sad again.

On a side note I had my first calzone recently and it was delicious and unlike a pizza I didnt feel obligated to offer a slice to anyone. Ben was on to something