PDA

View Full Version : New Xenoblade Chronicles X Trailer and Japan Release date.

Wolf Kanno
01-14-2015, 06:40 PM
So Nintendo Direct today released a new trailer for the game, which had a heavy emphasis on exploration of the world and showing off the mecha a little more.

AvpNXhzscjQ

The game will be released April 29th of this year, a world release is still pending. Also the Xenoblade port to the new 3DS is suppose to come out in April as well.

Fynn
01-14-2015, 06:45 PM
I'm calling it. In a twist it'll turn out that spaceship was actually Eldridge, and this game was planned as a stealth prequel to Xenogears all along.

Del Murder
01-14-2015, 08:31 PM
Looks awesome.

Fox
01-14-2015, 08:58 PM
Glad to see Xenoblade still has the prettiest worlds in all of vidya games.

I bought a Wii exclusively for Xenoblade Chronicles*, I will buy a WiiU exclusively for Xenoblade Chronicles X.

*Which didn't even work because my Wii couldn't play dual-layer discs because it was a preowned piece of trout so I had to emulate it. Glorious 60fps and anti-aliasing though. Dayum.

Colonel Angus
01-15-2015, 02:27 AM
Where could we get Xenoblade Chronicles II-IX?

Mirage
01-15-2015, 02:39 AM
I hope this gets an english version within the year.

Wolf Kanno
01-15-2015, 06:07 AM
From sources I've read, the game should be hitting the US and Europe later this year, so here's hoping.

I'm very curious about the story and the alien races for the game. I'm also curious to know if some new clases were introduced and I would really love to see a video dedicated to the mecha, I mean are they fully customizable (different models, color, weapons etc...) or is just minor things like equipment and the paint job?

Scotty_ffgamer
01-15-2015, 09:15 AM
This game looks absolutely gorgeous.

Wolf Kanno
01-20-2015, 04:47 AM
According to the official twitter feed (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/19/xenoblade-chronicles-x-localization-is-in-progress/), Monolith Soft is already working on the localization for the Western release.

Fynn
01-20-2015, 05:00 AM
According to the official twitter feed (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/19/xenoblade-chronicles-x-localization-is-in-progress/), Monolith Soft is already working on the localization for the Western release.

:omgomg:

Vyk
01-22-2015, 06:52 AM
so I had to emulate it. Glorious 60fps and anti-aliasing though. Dayum.
Are you saying you played it on computer with Dolphin or something? Or do you have a beastly hacked Wii? Because if you can get a hacked Wii to pump that out, I must know the answer as I own the game, and two hacked Wiis and would love to pretty up the game. But I'm presuming this is a computer thing. I have a gaming laptop, but it blows chunks at emulating GC/Wii games

Mirage
01-22-2015, 09:55 AM
It is probably impossible to hack a wii to get that effect, so it's an emulator.

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2015, 08:11 PM
Monolith Soft is updating their main site with an introduction to the party members.

Here's a translated version:

Part 1 (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/15/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-two-heroines-strange-little-creature/)

Part 2 (http://www.siliconera.com/2015/01/22/xenoblade-chronicles-x-introduces-foul-mouthed-commander/)

Also, it appears one of the Lead Designers for FFXV is pretty damn impressed with this game (http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/01/21/final-fantasy-xv-designer-shares-praise-for-xenoblade-chronicles-x/) and sees a bit of a friendly rivalry going on.

Egami
01-22-2015, 09:20 PM
Also, it appears one of the Lead Designers for FFXV is pretty damn impressed with this game (http://www.nintendo-insider.com/2015/01/21/final-fantasy-xv-designer-shares-praise-for-xenoblade-chronicles-x/) and sees a bit of a friendly rivalry going on.

That's nice, if he is wondering about this:

“The exploration aspect of this game looks incredible. I’m hoping that we can actually traverse to all visible landscape in realtime."

I guess it is safe to say that we will be able to do the same on FFXV.

Pumpkin
01-22-2015, 09:23 PM
Lynlee is the only character that interests me

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2015, 09:32 PM

That's nice, if he is wondering about this:

“The exploration aspect of this game looks incredible. I’m hoping that we can actually traverse to all visible landscape in realtime."

I guess it is safe to say that we will be able to do the same on FFXV.

Hell it's safe to say you can do it in XCX as well, since it's predecessor allowed you to do it. It will be interesting to see how the two games measure up upon their release.

Egami
01-22-2015, 10:34 PM
Hell it's safe to say you can do it in XCX as well, since it's predecessor allowed you to do it. It will be interesting to see how the two games measure up upon their release.

I see, well I have yet to play it (don't own a Wii). Looks rather nice tho, I wonder why it is so expensive.

Wolf Kanno
01-22-2015, 10:45 PM
It had a very limited run in North America. Nintendo of America was originally not going to bother releasing it and a huge fan protest broke out. Eventually GamStop made a deal with them after they caved in and released it so it was only available through them.

Fox
01-22-2015, 10:55 PM
I read that Hiroyuki Sawano was going to be composing the music for this game. I have no complaints about this, he's best know for his work on anime. Most notably for me: Kill la Kill. I hope that they also get back some of the composers from the original Xenoblade like, oh I don't know, Yoko Shimomura for example.

Basically, Xenoblade had a very large and very strong OST which was a collaborative effort from a few composers. I hope X lives up.

Are you saying you played it on computer with Dolphin or something? Or do you have a beastly hacked Wii? Because if you can get a hacked Wii to pump that out, I must know the answer as I own the game, and two hacked Wiis and would love to pretty up the game. But I'm presuming this is a computer thing. I have a gaming laptop, but it blows chunks at emulating GC/Wii games

Yes, it was Dolphin. No Ultra-Wii unfortunately :]

black orb
01-24-2015, 04:41 AM
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y156/rodv/superjump2.gif

heE1MqS9u6Y

>>> Xenoblade physics I guess..:luca:

Vyk
01-24-2015, 04:58 AM
Maybe the planet they landed on has less gravity than earth :x But that is a pretty interesting animation. I kinda like it. As unrealistic as it is. It creates a whole lot of options that weren't viable in the original Xenoblade to be able to jump like that. And the animation makes it look believable. Plus the Japanese love their exaggerated anime influence

black orb
01-24-2015, 05:53 AM
>>> With that kind of gravity they would be floating in the air instead of running like that, I think..
Anyways, Im not very fond of unrealistic physics in rpg/exproration videogames. It make them more fun? probably.
It make them less challenging? hell yes.
I guess this is why people love the Dark Soul games..:luca:

Mirage
01-24-2015, 05:56 AM
In what way does bigger jumps make the game less challenging? If the developers wanted an area to be inaccessible by jumping, they would have made the canyon (or whatever) even wider.

You can have realistic physics in an easy game, and unrealistic physics in a difficult game.

Fynn
01-24-2015, 06:07 AM
In what way does bigger jumps make the game less challenging? If the developers wanted an area to be inaccessible by jumping, they would have made the canyon (or whatever) even wider.

You can have realistic physics in an easy game, and unrealistic physics in a difficult game.

Indeed. It's not an action game. The challenge come in the form of more difficult monsters who require proper strategy and party management. What do jumps have to do with that?

Vyk
01-24-2015, 06:12 AM
Not to mention the art style alone is unrealistic. They have big anime eyes. I don't think their intent was ever realism. At least outside of the fact that their space ship has THE UNITED STATES emblazoned on it lol Which kind of throws off my suspension of disbelief, but whatever. I'll just pretend its not there when I play the game lol

Fynn
01-24-2015, 06:38 AM
Not to mention the art style alone is unrealistic. They have big anime eyes. I don't think their intent was ever realism. At least outside of the fact that their space ship has THE UNITED STATES emblazoned on it lol Which kind of throws off my suspension of disbelief, but whatever. I'll just pretend its not there when I play the game lol

What makes it unbelievable? :confused: it's been established from the getgo that the cast is American.

black orb
01-24-2015, 06:48 AM

Indeed. It's not an action game. The challenge come in the form of more difficult monsters who require proper strategy and party management. What do jumps have to do with that?
>>> You guys have never played Dark Souls do you?.. Here is a hint: If you dont watch your steps you die every 30 seconds, if that doesnt mean more challenge I dont know what it is.
Anyways, this is Xenoblade and not Dark Souls so I guess giving that level of difficulty is just nonsense in this case.
But just like Dark Souls most of the fun I`ll get in this game is about exploration, so if I wanted to cross a river I`d like round it and find a passage instead of giving a 15 meter jump. I think they have mechs for that..:luca:

Mirage
01-24-2015, 06:49 AM
I've played Dark Souls. The difficulty doesn't come from the game's "realistic physics". Whether physics are realistic or not does not directly influence a game's level of difficulty. As I said, games with completely crazy and insane physics can still be harder than games with realistic physics.

black orb
01-24-2015, 06:54 AM
I've played Dark Souls. The difficulty doesn't come from the game's "realistic physics". Whether physics are realistic or not does not directly influence a game's level of difficulty.
>>> Thats BS man, and you know it..:luca:

As I said, games with completely crazy and insane physics can still be harder than games with realistic physics.
>>> You are right about this..:luca:

Mirage
01-24-2015, 06:55 AM
I've played Dark Souls. The difficulty doesn't come from the game's "realistic physics". Whether physics are realistic or not does not directly influence a game's level of difficulty.

As I said, games with completely crazy and insane physics can still be harder than games with realistic physics.

It's not BS, and I know it.

Fynn
01-24-2015, 06:56 AM

>>> You guys have never played Dark Souls do you?.. Here is a hint: If you dont watch your steps you die every 30 seconds, if that doesnt mean more challenge I dont know what it is.
Anyways, this is Xenoblade and not Dark Souls so I guess giving that level of difficulty is just nonsense in this case.
But just like Dark Souls most of the fun I`ll get in this game is about exploration, so if I wanted to cross a river I`d like round it and find a passage instead of giving a 15 meter jump. I think they have mechs for that..:luca:

This is just what I said - Dark Souls is an Action RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is not. You can't expect two games in two different genres to be challenging in the same way.

black orb
01-24-2015, 06:59 AM

It's not BS, and I know it.
>>> Just two questions.
How many time did you play Dark Souls? did you beat the game?
If you did then I guess you never died from.. falling off a cliff or something..:luca:

Mirage
01-24-2015, 07:04 AM
It takes more than dying from falling down a cliff to put a game in the "realistic physics" category. Even mario lets you die from falling down.

Actually, it is fully possible to die from falling down from cliffs in Xenoblade Chronicles as well. So I guess that means Xenoblade has realistic physics.

Jibril
01-24-2015, 07:05 AM
as a dark souls player who has beaten both games multiple times including ng+, i can confirm that the difficulty does not come from realistic physics and in fact comes from many of the enemies having the same tools the player has and relatively intelligent ai

when you say "realistic physics" i assume you mean its awkward platforming and the inability of the player character to climb anything higher than 6 inches, and if so, i assure you that is all incidental

Vyk
01-24-2015, 07:16 AM

What makes it unbelievable? :confused: it's been established from the getgo that the cast is American.
I must have missed that memo. I know the basic structure of the plot, traveling space, getting attacked, landing on a random planet, and having to survive. I hadn't even heard they were from Earth, let alone America. I presumed it was going to be some fictional thing. I thought it was going to be a prequel or a far-off sequel to Xenoblade itself. And I never got any impression they were from Earth. Just sorta came out of left field for me. But with games like this, I don't subject myself to a whole lot of pre-release information. I'm a fan who's anxiously awaiting its release, but I don't want to torture myself by going over things that interest me when the final product is months or years away (I tend to do this with most games that I want, these days). My exposure to information is pretty random I guess. Then again, I probably just missed something or forgot something in the early trailers

black orb
01-24-2015, 07:22 AM
This is just what I said - Dark Souls is an Action RPG, Xenoblade Chronicles X is not. You can't expect two games in two different genres to be challenging in the same way.
>>> But both are RPGs, or have RPG elements. And these days I expect more from an RPG than just the classic kill-monsters grinding. (well Disgaea games are probably the only exception)..:luca:

It takes more than dying from falling down a cliff to put a game in the "realistic physics" category. Even mario lets you die from falling down.
>>> But definitely put them on the "difficult game" category..:luca:

And yeah you can die from falling off a cliff in Xenoblade but it rarely happened unless I wanted to do it in purpose.

as a dark souls player who has beaten both games multiple times including ng+, i can confirm that the difficulty does not come from realistic physics and in fact comes from many of the enemies having the same tools the player has and relatively intelligent ai

>>> Two different players with two different skills it seems.
I beat DS multiple times too i can confirm that I had more trouble with falling from high places than being beaten by monsters, deal with the monsters it was just timing for me, and I never had a problem with that.:luca:

Fynn
01-24-2015, 08:26 AM
>>> But both are RPGs, or have RPG elements. And these days I expect more from an RPG than just the classic kill-monsters grinding. (well Disgaea games are probably the only exception)..:luca:

Well, expecting a game to fulfill your own personal criteria even though it never aimed to meet them in the first place is kind of unfair. IMO, it'd be boring if all we had were action RPGs. And my point stands - Xenoblade Chronicles X may still be challenging, even if that challenge does not stem from platforming.

I must have missed that memo. I know the basic structure of the plot, traveling space, getting attacked, landing on a random planet, and having to survive. I hadn't even heard they were from Earth, let alone America. I presumed it was going to be some fictional thing. I thought it was going to be a prequel or a far-off sequel to Xenoblade itself. And I never got any impression they were from Earth. Just sorta came out of left field for me. But with games like this, I don't subject myself to a whole lot of pre-release information. I'm a fan who's anxiously awaiting its release, but I don't want to torture myself by going over things that interest me when the final product is months or years away (I tend to do this with most games that I want, these days). My exposure to information is pretty random I guess. Then again, I probably just missed something or forgot something in the early trailers

So you're not aware that your city/ship is called Neo Los Angeles? :exdee:

Mirage
01-24-2015, 08:41 AM
so is it a seed ship or whatever

Vyk
01-24-2015, 08:58 AM

Well, expecting a game to fulfill your own personal criteria even though it never aimed to meet them in the first place is kind of unfair. IMO, it'd be boring if all we had were action RPGs. And my point stands - Xenoblade Chronicles X may still be challenging, even if that challenge does not stem from platforming.

So you're not aware that your city/ship is called Neo Los Angeles? :exdee:
Totally unaware. What the heck lol Oh well. That one I can laugh at. It's not going to ruin the game for me or anything. Just really surprising now. But I'll get used to it. I wonder why they chose American. Most of those future sci-fi anime things are either Japanese (of course) or they created some fictional civilized unity federation on earth and it just becomes "earth" without nations. Just more things for me to learn along the way I guess

Wolf Kanno
01-24-2015, 07:16 PM
It's assumed they were other Seed Ships from other countries, the American one just happened to crash on an alien world, but I wouldn't be surprised if other nation ships play a part in the plot. Technically I bet the Earth does have a Federation of some sorts (thus the cast will probably be of mixed background) and we're just following the misadventures of the Neo Los Angeles ship which probably has people from all over Earth on it. It will be interesting to see how the story pans out.