PDA

View Full Version : WARK!

Masamunemaster
01-15-2015, 01:58 AM
I have a question about chocobo breeding. On some of the faqs it says that the first one should be by the golden saucer in a battle with the spencers. Do I need to get that one, or can I just get any of them?

chionos
01-15-2015, 05:30 AM
You just need a "Good" Chocobo, and that happens to be the spot to get one. Actually you can use two "Great" Chocobos, but I've always found the "Good" ones easier to farm. There are other places to get them, but that's probably the easiest. If you run across a good or great level Chocobo somewhere else, that will work fine. It doesn't matter where you got it.

Masamunemaster
01-15-2015, 06:06 AM
Ok, I just have no idea because I never really bothered, but in this run I want to get everything and beat everyone.

Bubba
01-15-2015, 09:17 AM
Yeah, the good ones are definitely easier to come across. I always picked up great ones though from the area to the left of Mideel Forest. I always wanted the highest stats possible when breeding. The good chocobos are probably just as good though.

The hardest part of breeding is trying to get a male blue and female green (or vice-versa) chocobo. It's reasonably plain sailing after that.

Masamunemaster
01-15-2015, 09:26 AM
Ugh trying to get them up to s rank kills me

Bubba
01-15-2015, 09:31 AM
Ugh trying to get them up to s rank kills me

Yeah. sometimes the Good or Great Chocobos just aren't strong enough to win S Class races. I just breed them at A rank if that's the case. The special chocobos generally have no problem though. Especially Green. Black and Gold as they're not slowed down by the water in the long course... or the fan at the end of the short course. Neither are Joe and Teioh though.

Masamunemaster
01-15-2015, 09:41 AM
I get teioh on most my races

Sephiroth
01-15-2015, 10:23 AM
You don't need to win a single race. You can get a Golden Chocobo without racing. If you want to know how, just look up a guide, it is too long to explain, I have just awoken.

Cleric
01-18-2015, 12:17 AM
It takes some luck and patience but you can get a green and a blue without racing. The stats of the resulting offspring will not be as good as one raised and raced to S class(but if you are looking for the quick fix then this probably won't be an issue for you). What I generally do is get two good Chocobos and two great Chocobos. I do this because I find when one good is male for instance, and the great is female the probability of getting a certain color goes up; when the good is female, and the great is male I seem to get the other color more easily. I don't have stats or figures on my theory but I can tell you I have played this game several times and it has never failed me. Once you have the blue and green Chocobos, you must of course wait for them to "mature" to breed for the black. Once again without racing there is a small probability of getting a black offspring, of course, you will need some luck and patience and lots of soft resets. Out of curiosity, which point of the game are you at?