PDA

View Full Version : [Art] Rin's drawings :3

Rin Heartilly
01-15-2015, 07:48 PM
Hi everyone :D I kept telling myself to upload some of my stuff here but I kept putting it off because I don't have a working scanner....aaand I still don't have one xD But I do have photos of my old stuff so I decided to share some here! These are mainly sketches and copic marker stuff, I know it's a bunch of trout compared to other artists here but maybe I can get some good pointers from you guys!

61989 61990 61992

I chose some FF and BD ones because of relevancy but these are dated a few years back, so these are kinda old, I'll upload more recent ones soon :D

Rocket Edge
01-15-2015, 08:37 PM
I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

Really nice work, keep it up! :spin:

Pete for President
01-16-2015, 05:08 AM
That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff! :)

Pumpkin
01-16-2015, 05:11 AM
Wow, looks awesome :D

Depression Moon
01-16-2015, 05:45 AM
I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?

Fynn
01-16-2015, 07:37 AM
Those look really great! That is some pretty impressive coloring ;)

Rin Heartilly
01-16-2015, 06:59 PM
I love them. I especially like the Carbuncle - you really nailed the stance and it makes it jump out of the page even without colour. I'd take some time to colour it in as in the last pic you did a cool job introducing tones. I like the Rinoa one too, particularly the face, but there is some proportion issues. The actual length of the body doesn't seem wrong, just some of the limbs. I'm sure you can see some things that might be off but maybe didn't bother to change it. I'd advise doing a quick sketch out of your head of a face, and keep drawing and rubbing out the body until you feel it fits properly. You'll be surprised how much you'll learn about proportion.

Really nice work, keep it up! :spin:

Thank you so much! :) Yes I know exactly what you mean haha, the proportion of the arms is off but I'm so lazy I'm more likely to redraw the whole thing since it's been a few years xD Thanks for the advice! I'm definitely going to keep that in mind when I draw something next! :D

That's an awesome monster on a throne! I like it's 6 legs. Very well done and I hope you keep drawing more stuff! :)

Thankyou!! It's a boss from bravely default although I've forgotten it's name, I thought it was cute in a weird way and had to draw it xD

Wow, looks awesome :D

Thankyou!! n_____n

I think you show potential. The style of the creature at the bottom reminds me of something, but I can't think of what. How old is this stuff?

Thankyou :) The creature is a boss from Bravely default, the carbuncle and Rinoa are a few years old (3 or 4 years?) and the creature is around 2ish years old. I'll try and upload some more recent stuff when I have access to a scanner =]

Those look really great! That is some pretty impressive coloring ;)

Thankyou so much ^^

Rin Heartilly
01-16-2015, 07:21 PM
Here's some slightly more recent stuff =]

62018 62019

Shorty
01-16-2015, 09:11 PM
omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!

Rin Heartilly
01-17-2015, 07:16 AM
omg what the heck is that big black creature in the first post? I love it!

Thankyou n___n He's a boss from Bravely Default, If I remember correctly...I think it's name is Belphegor :)

Ayen
01-17-2015, 07:21 AM
Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.

Night Fury
01-17-2015, 07:37 AM
Great drawings Rin!

Rin Heartilly
01-17-2015, 07:41 AM
Looks great. I'm digging that Ninetails.

Yay! Thank-you!! :D

Great drawings Rin!

Thank-you n____n