PDA

View Full Version : There will be no Car in the Final Fantasy XV Demo

Freya
01-16-2015, 10:12 PM
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/837/064/c26.gif

Do you remember the bromance car adventure of the Final Fantasy XV cast that was worthy of meme-itude? (that's a word, I promise) In an interview with polygon (http://www.polygon.com/2015/1/16/7557885/final-fantasy-15-demo-car), Director Hajime Tabata explains why the car will stay in the garage for the demo titled Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae.

"Originally we were planning on making the car be available to drive throughout the world and throughout the demo," Tabata told Polygon. "But we didn't want people to mistake it and think 'When did Final Fantasy become a driving game?'"

"You'll be able to experience the starting point of what an open-world Final Fantasy would potentially feel like," Tabata said. "You'll really be able to experience that seamless Final Fantasy world within the demo itself, but then if you play it, you'll still really get a sense that it's a Final Fantasy game. You'll get that balance within the demo."

eU7mDjkO1V8

The demo will be included with Final Fantasy Type-0. Episode Duscae will be available to "day one" purchasers (http://home.eyesonff.com/content.php/3401-FINAL-FANTASY-XV-Demo-Will-Be-Limited-to-Day-One-Versions-of-Type-0-HD)on the March 17th release date of Type-0.

Tabata added that there's "extreme improvement and evolvement" in the franchise that Final Fantasy 15 will clearly show; however, Square Enix wants to avoid turning people off by thrusting those big changes on players too suddenly.

"We've re-thought the demo in order for it to be more playable and accessible to people who know the franchise," Tabata said.

There will be a full interview available on Polygon next week with more details.

Are you disappointed you wont be able to drive the car in the demo? Are you excited about Episode Duscae? Will you be buying Type-0 when it's released to get that elusive day one demo?

Del Murder
01-16-2015, 10:45 PM
No big loss.

Ayen
01-16-2015, 10:48 PM
Smart move by Tabata. I wouldn't have expected the car to be something you'd have right at the start of the game anyway.

Tyson
01-17-2015, 12:29 AM
Looked forward to roadtripping but I get why they've done it. Gonna be kind of odd walking down those big long roads tho!

Depression Moon
01-17-2015, 02:39 AM
The reasoning seems silly to me. It seems like a lot of times big game studios underestimate our ability to think.

Also, this is how you drop a gif Freya.

http://i.imgur.com/Bbrn3m2.gif

Freya
01-17-2015, 06:02 AM
But I like jolly sephy!

Vermachtnis
01-17-2015, 07:04 AM
But Car was the best character!

Fox
01-17-2015, 12:39 PM
As someone who makes racing games, I get more than enough car at work! I'm perfectly happy to get some exercise for this demo.

It's good cardio.

Jessweeee♪
01-17-2015, 05:11 PM
Not surprising considering the first thing everyone did was whine about the car xD

noxious.sunshine
01-17-2015, 05:44 PM
Why do the dudes sound like Auron, Tidus, & Snow? & maybe Jecht? Lololol

Ayen
01-17-2015, 10:06 PM
Why do the dudes sound like Auron, Tidus, & Snow? & maybe Jecht? Lololol

I don't hear that in any of their voices. Noctis sounds more like Vincent Valentine from Advent Children if you ask me.

Galuf
01-17-2015, 10:22 PM
aw but that means i cant drive past sephiroth. :(

Tyson
01-18-2015, 04:25 AM
The only issue I can imagine is you're going to get a ton of people talking about how the world feels 'empty' in the demo. Because you'll spend so much time walking rather then driving like the actual game intends.

I'm sure in the full game it will be filled with little things to do, but all of that isn't going to be present in the demo. So it's essentially a MASSIVE sandbox that you have to walk around.

DanielCLFFF13
01-18-2015, 04:51 AM
Will there be any chocobo in Demo? If so, Chocobo will be your best friend in Demo. I mean it's time for the chocobos take the spotlight now, from the begginning of Final Fantasy XV feature a car, there isn't any chocobo in the spotlight or in the trailer (or did I just haven't seen it?)

But this is my opinion :)

Loony BoB
01-19-2015, 04:53 PM
This is the worst decision Square Enix has ever made. They're going downhill fast, I tell you. From the dizzy heights of chocobo racing in FFVII we now reach the sombre lows of no car in the FFXV demo. Sometimes I wonder if they'll ever make it back from a game-changer like this.

Aulayna
01-19-2015, 05:19 PM
Yeah man I cancelled my pre-order of Type-0 because of this. I was stoked for the car. No car. No deal.

FFFFsephychibi
01-19-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm really confused, aren't we supposed to meet cidney in the demo? Will that still be in there even though there's no car? D: wth!

Freya
01-19-2015, 10:13 PM
ooooooo good point

Shiny
01-20-2015, 07:22 AM
Screw a car, they should ride on motherfucking Shoopuffs.