PDA

View Full Version : Post your favorite thing from your LEAST favorite FF

Pike
01-20-2015, 03:31 PM
What is the best thing from your least favorite Final Fantasy game?

Hard mode: no cop-out answers like "it ended".

----

FFXII: Had a neat world, and some fantastic music. Some of my favorite music in the entire series, in fact.

Jinx
01-20-2015, 03:41 PM
I hate FFVIII, but I LOVE Moombas. So freaking adorable. I wish they were in other FF games.

Karifean
01-20-2015, 04:32 PM
Final Fantasy XIII had a great combat system.

Pumpkin
01-20-2015, 04:51 PM
Echoes of Time had um cute characters to choose from

Sephiroth
01-20-2015, 05:52 PM
It saved Square.

Madame Adequate
01-20-2015, 06:36 PM
IX has some astonishingly good music and locations. XII has probably the best world design in the whole series. Spira might be better, but it's the only one that comes close.

Laddy
01-20-2015, 07:12 PM
If Pike and Hux didn't make me want to be adopted by them for their otherwise impeccable taste in games, I'd be prone to be disappointed.

I think VIII had a few very neat character designs as they seemed to represent a realistic and stylish approach. Lot of the visuals were neat.

Colonel Angus
01-20-2015, 07:17 PM
It had interesting characters (FFII).

Galuf
01-20-2015, 07:41 PM
um im going to say that i have only played the GBA version of 1 so keep that in mind when reading this.

this is my favourite and least favourite thing in this game.

it doesnt tell you where to go EVER!. ) i mean there is that hint girl but even she stops helping after a while.

Ayen
01-20-2015, 07:45 PM
FFXIII: It was only a seven dollar rental and I got to take it back to Blockbuster.

Strangely enough Blockbuster went out of business not long after...

The Man
01-20-2015, 07:46 PM
I don't know that I have a "least favourite" FF because I haven't played enough of the entries enough to evaluate them objectively. But, of the ones I've played to completion (which is really only six of them), I'd probably rank either FFIV or FFX at the bottom.

FFIV was a huge leap forward for the series, and the only reason I rank it as low as I do is because several of the following entries did everything it does better. However, the fact that I finished it while I did not even get an hour into the games that preceded it says something.

FFX has some fantastic story ideas (that could have been executed better) and a mostly excellent musical score. The sphere grid is also an excellent idea, although the fact that American gamers didn't get the Advanced Sphere Grid until the PS3 re-release is infuriating, and the combat system is actually one of the more interesting ones in the series (to the extent that I did nearly everything in the monster arena because of it).

VeloZer0
01-20-2015, 09:39 PM
FF8: I actually enjoyed Sqall's character at the beginning of the game.