PDA

View Full Version : [FFX-2] Now that it's been 12 years... what are your thoughts on FFX-2?

Pike
01-20-2015, 03:36 PM
I feel like this is one of the more polarizing FF games out there. Now that we've had (a lot of) time for the dust to settle, what did you ultimately think of X-2?

Shauna
01-20-2015, 03:44 PM
It is pretty great overall. Dumb story, but more than enough fun gameplay and all that to make up for it.

Karifean
01-20-2015, 04:14 PM
Most fun game I ever played. Excellent combat system and I appreciate the closure it brings to Spira's post-Sin situation. Creature Create = best sidequest in any FF game ever.

Pumpkin
01-20-2015, 04:15 PM
One of my favourites, really like it :flirt:

metagloria
01-20-2015, 05:31 PM
Same as it always has been. One of my favorite in the series, and I'm proud to say I think it's better than X itself.

Madame Adequate
01-20-2015, 06:34 PM
It Is Awesome.

Laddy
01-20-2015, 06:52 PM
It is fun as hell. Despite what the general audience may think, the combat and job system are fun to experiment with, is relatively non-linear for a JRPG, it has a better script and sense of humor compared to many games in the series, and it's just so girly and silly and fun. This game is just way too much fun to hate. I just wish it was a little harder and longer.

Colonel Angus
01-20-2015, 06:57 PM
Most underrated FF game there is.

Shauna, can you & Dathew_Matthew please do a Let's Play on this after you complete FFXHD remastered?

Ayen
01-20-2015, 07:00 PM
Fun gameplay, troutty story.

Shauna
01-20-2015, 07:05 PM
Shauna, can you & Dathew_Matthew please do a Let's Play on this after you complete FFXHD remastered?

Your suggestion has been taken into consideration. We will get back to you in due course.

Dat Matt
01-20-2015, 11:08 PM
I recently played FFX-2, so I will not be playing FFX-2 HD Remaster. Sorry to dash your dreams of Matt Sucking at FFX-2.

Shauna however...

The Man
01-20-2015, 11:10 PM
Fun gameplay, shitty story.

Colonel Angus
01-20-2015, 11:19 PM
I recently played FFX-2, so I will not be playing FFX-2 HD Remaster. Sorry to dash your dreams of Matt Sucking at FFX-2.

Shauna however...
I'm fine w/ Shauna playing & you back seat driving. LOL if she does better than you.

Still holding out that Psycho can make a trip up there & do a crossover before you reach the end of this one.

LunarWeaver
03-21-2015, 08:07 PM
Transform like Sailor Moon and then shoot monsters to death, 10/10 then and still.

Fynn
03-21-2015, 08:33 PM
I love it. It's really fun and it shits all over X. What more can you want? :monster:

I Took the Red Pill
03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
Thinking back on all of the Final Fantasy games I've played, this is possibly the only one I'd be able to play in 2015 and actually enjoy the experience. I've unfortunately come to find that RPGs are mostly a thing of the past for me. It's a combination of not having enough free time and not being able to stomach the cliche stories while actual gameplay consists of little more than tapping one button over and over and over again. Not trying to shit on RPGs...I wish I could still enjoy them like I used to, but I just can't.

From what I remember of FFX-2, though, the battles were an absolute blast . And the campy story would probably be more entertaining than the same ol' ragtag-group-of-adventurers-saves-the-world BS. Maybe I'll give it a second playthrough sometime soon.

Fynn
03-23-2015, 10:12 PM
Thinking back on all of the Final Fantasy games I've played, this is possibly the only one I'd be able to play in 2015 and actually enjoy the experience. I've unfortunately come to find that RPGs are mostly a thing of the past for me. It's a combination of not having enough free time and not being able to stomach the cliche stories while actual gameplay consists of little more than tapping one button over and over and over again. Not trying to trout on RPGs...I wish I could still enjoy them like I used to, but I just can't.

From what I remember of FFX-2, though, the battles were an absolute blast . And the campy story would probably be more entertaining than the same ol' ragtag-group-of-adventurers-saves-the-world BS. Maybe I'll give it a second playthrough sometime soon.

What bothers you doesn't necessarily pertain to all RPGs, just FF :D there's actually tons of RPGs with really well-written, not teen-oriented stories and exciting battle systems.

Shauna
03-25-2015, 04:58 PM
I'm fine w/ Shauna playing & you back seat driving. LOL if she does better than you.

Sorry to disappoint.

Still holding out that Psycho can make a trip up there & do a crossover before you reach the end of this one.

Sorry to disappoint.

Depression Moon
03-25-2015, 08:11 PM
I still hold the same opinion. Dumb story, 2nd best battle system out of the entire series.

Sephex
03-26-2015, 05:24 AM
I feel the same about it now than I did 12 years ago, mostly. Battle system was very fun, but everything else was just alright or weird. Not a terrible game, but not a great one.

Cloudane
03-26-2015, 11:56 PM
I wish people would stop making me feel old :p 12 years?! Sheesh. So what I still remember as a "new era" game, to most of the younger folk, is retro... :shobon:

Thoroughly enjoyed it. The whole 100% thing was a bit OTT, but I've happily replayed it just to level up the other jobs. And yeah, loved the job (er I mean dress sphere) system. I did want a happy miracle ending for once, blow it, I'm like the Doctor was that one time "just this once... everybody lives!"

I could write massive textwalls (and have done) on how much "1000 Words" means to me and the moment surrounding it. But tl;dr version instead a) dedicated it to my late grandfather and b) it exemplifies my attitude towards people of different ideas and beliefs, theists and atheists etc etc, and how they should treat each other - not how they were doing before the song, but how they were after it.

Oh and at the time I was like "k this is girly... but that's not so bad... I think I'm ok with it..." - clearly setting the tone for things later in life :p

Christmas
04-04-2015, 05:09 PM
I can poo so much better after playing it. :bigsmile:

And there aren't any worms crawling out of my poo too! :bigsmile:

Forsaken Lover
04-04-2015, 06:45 PM
eMbwEAPc2aU

Cloudane
04-06-2015, 04:42 PM
Seems fair to say based on related vids that guy in the video reallllllly doesn't like it :lol:

FFIX Choco Boy
04-06-2015, 10:40 PM
Seems fair to say based on related vids that guy in the video reallllllly doesn't like it :lol:

that guy

That guy? Have you not heard of Spoony? How is this possible, that you are a member of our community, and you don't know Spoony? We have failed you, and I am sorry. Google up The Spoony Experiment, and watch his Final Fantasy reviews. They're great. So are his Counter Monkeys. Most of his stuff made after 2014, on the other hand, is a little lacking.

Shauna
04-07-2015, 08:40 AM
Depends. I like Spoony, but I find his reviews really really nitpicky, which is a little bit offputting for me. Like, he'll complain about something that makes sense in the wider story, and I'm just like "Really?". Some of his things are completely on-point, though.

Forsaken Lover
04-07-2015, 02:53 PM
I love Spoony but me and him disagree on a lot of things, namely the quality of FFX and X-2. Then again, he personally recommended FFXII to me and that game is awesome so he's a smart fella.

I just always loved that particular part of his review because that Rikku scene has ALWAYS been weird to me. It weirded me out for years, long before he made that review.

Mirage
04-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Great gameplay, unremarkable story.

Apart from FF11, it is the final fantasy game i have dumped by far the most hours into. My last PS2 save had.... 5 or 6 iron dukes. It had an excellent ATB implementation, and I am a real sucker for job systems.

black valentine
04-08-2015, 04:59 PM
Amazing gameplay and story. I was a disappointed that while Tidus is the reason as to why Yuna started her mission, he wasn't really seen anywhere in the game, but it's a good game nevertheless. They did skimp out on the voiced dialogues though, even Rin has his own repeatable dialogs in FFX.

I do loved the performances in the game. Especially 1000 Words.

Cloudane
04-09-2015, 10:49 PM

that guy

That guy? Have you not heard of Spoony? How is this possible, that you are a member of our community, and you don't know Spoony? We have failed you, and I am sorry. Google up The Spoony Experiment, and watch his Final Fantasy reviews. They're great. So are his Counter Monkeys. Most of his stuff made after 2014, on the other hand, is a little lacking.

If it's not obvious from the fact I have a registration date in 2001 and only just over 1700 posts, I'm a fairly casual member of the community :p

I did get a laugh from watching his X-2 review. But it's odd as I have a love/hate relationship with this kind of thing. I don't really like things being picked apart as I can usually enjoy them on their own merits without overanalysing them and it can actually ruin the enjoyment for me having all the flaws highlighted - but this Spoony guy is rather hilarious with it.

Saber
04-19-2015, 05:17 AM
I love it and when the HD version came out I got to see huge changes. Everything was so simple to get I only needed to play it 1 time. By far the best ATB system.

Richard
05-04-2015, 02:09 AM
Well. When it was coming out. I was pretty excited. I thought I was going to get to see all the old cast of characters again.

Compared to Final Fantasy X. X-2 will never be as good. But all in all. Its still a great game to play. So my views on this game haven't changed since I played it for the first time.

All in all to be honest. I've played this game 5 times total. As for Final Fantasy X. More times than I can count. :)