PDA

View Full Version : Like the tune, hate the singing

Madame Adequate
01-20-2015, 09:32 PM
Or any variant thereof. Any acts out there who do one thing just how you like it, but then the singing starts and you can't stand it, or something like that?

I looove the music that The 1975 put out, but yep, the second they start singing I'm done. I actually like Coldplay's lyrics, but even when Weird Al is singing in his ridiculous Weird Al parody way, he's enormously better and more listenable than Coldplay.

NeoCracker
01-20-2015, 09:39 PM
A large chunk of Metal fits this for me. I hate the growler/screamer vocals 90% of the time, and it just kills a track for me. :(

Pumpkin
01-20-2015, 09:44 PM
For some reason I was convinced that the name of this thread would be "Like the tune, hate the tuna"

Anyways, I have a few songs where I like some of the vocals but not others. This also very much applies to some of sharky's music. Some of it is really good music but then they start "singing" and all I hear is screaming and I can't make out what they're saying and that type of vocals is very much not to my taste

Here's an example of a song of his I like for the most part. The vocals are still a bit on the aggressive side, but itas not to bad except for a few parts here and there that just make me cringe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GoNBmxOQB7M

Freya
01-20-2015, 09:47 PM
Dark horse by katy perry. Dats my music jam. It beats really hard in our cars (we have nice sound systems in almost all of them)

Madame Adequate
01-20-2015, 10:01 PM
A large chunk of Metal fits this for me. I hate the growler/screamer vocals 90% of the time, and it just kills a track for me. :(

I used to be like that when I listened to Slipknot. I liked them okay when they were being Slipknot, but when they actually sang it was a lot better. Course, then Corey Taylor went on to form Stone Sour, where he mostly sings, and I loved them.

Oh, just thought of a BIG one: Deftones. My friend Joe in HS thought they were the best shit and I thought they sounded pretty cool but I hate how Moreno sings so welp.