PDA

View Full Version : Intro

jlewbro
01-21-2015, 01:06 AM
I'm really excited to be a part of the forum. I've always been a huge fan of FF since childhood. It will be nice to dialogue with other passionate players. I wish I could have a full time job talking about FF, but I am not sure if that would be considered a career path. Nevertheless, I am stoked for FF Type-O HD since I pre-ordered the collectors edition and also have the opportunity to play the XV demo. I hope others have as well. That will make for great discussion. I'm currently playing and close to finishing X-HD and XIII-Lightning Returns. If there is anything else you want to know, feel free to ask.

Colonel Angus
01-21-2015, 01:29 AM
Welcome to EoFF, jlewbro! Hope your time here is an enjoyable one.

Galuf
01-21-2015, 01:29 AM
hi there welcome to EoFF. im a bit new aswell but there is plenty of helpful people around. also alot of people talk about FF here. ( not alot in the chat though unless im around)

but yeah welcome and i hope you stay;)

Ayen
01-21-2015, 01:37 AM
Welcome to the forum, JB. I'm Tori, Resident Critic. It's nice to meet you.

Pike
01-21-2015, 02:04 AM
Glad to have you on the forum! :) I look forward to reading more of your posts!

Quindiana Jones
01-21-2015, 02:23 AM
Hullo there, jlewbro! Fair warning: every time I see your name, I'm going to have to actively not read it as jewbro. xD

I actually really want to play XHD. I never gave the original a fair chance, and I feel I've matured slightly in my approach to games and am less likely to rage quit for whatever reason. I genuinely can't remember why; all I remember is ragequitting X and denouncing it entirely. :(

Do you have a favourite FF?

Psychotic
01-21-2015, 08:00 AM
Welcome to the forum JB! Have a good time here :)

Bubba
01-21-2015, 09:10 AM
Fair warning: every time I see your name, I'm going to have to actively not read it as jewbro. xD

Welcome to the forums, Mr bro! Hope you stick around :D

Shauna
01-21-2015, 11:10 AM
Welcome to EoFF! Hope you enjoy this little forum. :D

Mirage
01-21-2015, 03:46 PM
You're the most italic newbie I have seen in years!

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Welcome to EoFF, jlewbro! Hope your time here is an enjoyable one.

Thanks for the welcome. I am sure I'll enjoy chatting it up with everyone here about FF. I've been looking forward to joining a forum. It should be interesting.

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:38 PM
Yeah, I'm sure I'll stick around. There's much to discuss about FF. It should make for interesting discussion.

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:40 PM
Thanks Tori. Nice to meet you too. I'll have to check out some of your articles.

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:41 PM
Thanks. I plan on posting regularly. There is so much to discuss about FF.

Shauna
01-22-2015, 09:42 PM
Hey jlewbro! I'd recommend you have a quick look at this thread:

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/160404-Beginner-s-Guide-to-EoFF

It tells you how to quote posts and all that stuff, so you don't have to post multiple times in a row! :)

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:47 PM
Ha, yeah jlewbro is just a variation of my full name. Nevertheless, you should give XHD a shot. The price has come way down since its release. I'm in that "grinding" part of the game that is all too familiar for FF titles. I never owned a PS2 (shocking...not one of over 155 million units sold) so I didn't get to play the original or XII. I'm hoping XII gets an HD release so I finally get to play it. As for my favorite FF, dang, that's tough. However if I were to choose, it would be XI. I just replayed and finished it on iOS and there is just something about story that is timeless. What is yours?

jlewbro
01-22-2015, 09:48 PM
You're the most italic newbie I have seen in years!

Haha...had to stand out I guess.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 01:10 AM
Thanks Tori. Nice to meet you too. I'll have to check out some of your articles.

Then allow me to point you in the direction of my Final Fantasy VI (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/161368-Final-Fantasy-VI-Review-(Spoilers)) review to get you started.

Mirage
01-23-2015, 01:18 AM
just FYI. posts can be edited and it's probably better to multi-quote other posts if you're going to respond to several, rather than make a new post for each reply.

noxious.sunshine
01-28-2015, 05:29 PM
Welcome and shit!

XII is really fun- I love it!

You can order cheapo PS2s on Amazon.... I got mine for like $50 & FFX, X-2, & XII brand new like $20/each !

Mahad
01-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Welcome Jbro, I may just go with calling you that...or just bro.

You've come to a good place for final fantasy fans, I think you'll be right at home here.
I'm looking forward to Type-0 and XV as well. I'm sure you're not missing much if you never play the original FFX (I myself haven't played the HD version), and FFXII is one of those ffs that you either love or hate, or at least it seems that way from what I've seen (I personally liked it a lot). Also if you own a psp and you haven't already tried Crisis Core: FFVII or The War of the Lions, I fully recommend them (they are my favorite titles in the series).