PDA

View Full Version : Celebrities you love, but everyone seems to hate.

Jinx
01-21-2015, 01:30 PM
Anne Hathaway. She is perfection personified. I don't care what everyone says.

Pike
01-21-2015, 02:25 PM
There are people who don't like Anne Hathaway? She's fuckin adorable how can you not like her

Anyways, starting this off right with Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift

noxious.sunshine
01-21-2015, 02:32 PM
Ke$ha

Pike
01-21-2015, 02:34 PM
Ke$ha

omg I love her she's actually super super smart but no one would guess

Madame Adequate
01-21-2015, 03:28 PM
I don't know if Kanye's a genius troll or a total moron, and honestly I'm inclined towards the latter, but he is one of the funniest and most amazing celebrities currently around. Helps that within his actual field he really is superbly talented.

Everyone already mentioned in this thread as well, to be honest.

noxious.sunshine
01-21-2015, 03:57 PM
Ke$ha

omg I love her she's actually super super smart but no one would guess

Yasss!

She's from like right down the street from me in Nashville! I didn't know her tho :P

But I adore her so much.

@MA: Lmao Kanye & Kim always look miserable when they're photographed together... Whether it's a posed, pre-planned pic or a paparazzi snap.

Vyk
01-21-2015, 04:38 PM
Jennifer Love Hewitt. These days considered a Hollywood whore and probably kind of a has been. But I can't help but maintain my soft spot for her

Jinx
01-21-2015, 04:44 PM
There are people who don't like Anne Hathaway? She's smurfin adorable how can you not like her

She's legitimately one of the most hated celebrities.

Pumpkin
01-21-2015, 04:50 PM
Nicole Kidman I guess?

Spuuky
01-21-2015, 04:58 PM
People don't become celebrities if there aren't massive segments of the population that adore them. To pick a random example, a lot of people hate Justin Bieber, but waaaaaaaaay more people love him to an absurdly intense degree. That's why he's a millionaire.

Loony BoB
01-21-2015, 05:09 PM
Tom Cruise. I can't say a huge amount for this religion choices or life choices, but I've pretty much always loved his films.

Psychotic
01-21-2015, 05:36 PM
Luis Suarez. I appreciate 90% of you won't know who that is.

Loony BoB
01-21-2015, 05:44 PM
Luis Suarez. I appreciate 90% of you won't know who that is.
Oh, in that case, yeah, Cristiano Ronaldo. Probably not hated to the same extent of Suarez, but he certainly has his haters.

Spuuky
01-21-2015, 06:02 PM
Well, I see people are showing their true colors here. Luis Suarez is obviously great, and "CR7" would be enough reason by himself to root against Portugal even if they didn't have Pepe.

Rocket Edge
01-21-2015, 06:43 PM
I tend to find plenty of celebs I like when other people hate.

Shia LeBouef. He's always been a terrific actor who I don't find annoying at all.

Tom Cruise. Like Dan said I don't find his religion any kind of an issue. If he was a jerk outside of his films I'd dislike him, but he's not. I like the majority of his films and he's known to give everything to a role.

Kanye! How could you not like him? He's like a lovable idiot. It's helped by the fact that as MILF said his musical talent is (or at least was) fantastic.

Freya
01-21-2015, 10:20 PM
I like pretty much everyone :shobon: I couldn't think of a person I agreed with in the hate thread. I saw someone mention Jay Baruchel, I love him. He's adorkable.

Night Fury
01-22-2015, 12:04 AM
I actually quite like Kimmy K tbh

The Man
01-22-2015, 12:13 AM
I don't know if Kanye's a genius troll or a total moron, and honestly I'm inclined towards the latter, but he is one of the funniest and most amazing celebrities currently around. Helps that within his actual field he really is superbly talented.This. This is what I came in the thread to say.

I'll have to agree with Tom Cruise as well. I don't really care for him as a person, but he's an excellent actor and he seems to have solid taste in film roles as well. If he's in a film that's usually a sign that it will be good.

Shorty
01-22-2015, 01:59 AM
Dane Cook. He makes me laugh and laugh, and was one of the first ever comedians I started listening to.

Ayen
01-22-2015, 02:09 AM
I third Anne Hathaway. I fell in love with her from the moment I saw her. It's a shame I can't remember when I first saw.

Dane Cook. He makes me laugh and laugh, and was one of the first ever comedians I started listening to.

Ooh, this too. I liked his "Heist" and "That worker everyone avoids" bits.

Colonel Angus
01-22-2015, 02:19 AM
I like Kristen Stewart. I thought she wasn't bad as Snow White. I also find her to be attractive.

Johnny Depp gets a lot of disdain, mostly for playing every character the same, but he's still alright in my book.

Since Psycho & BoB included sports stars, I'll add Sammy Sosa & Barry Bonds to my list. Sammy was always good to the fans & in the end they treated him like a leper. Barry might've been an ogre, but enhancers or not, he was the greatest player of his generation.

Shorty
01-22-2015, 02:19 AM
I third Anne Hathaway. I fell in love with her from the moment I saw her. It's a shame I can't remember when I first saw.

I first saw her as Mia Thermopolis or as the girlfriend in The Other Side of Heaven. Honestly not sure which as they both came out one right after the other.

Do people really hate her? She is completely fabulous.

Night Fury
01-22-2015, 02:21 AM
Oh also, Nicki Minaj. Which I don't think is any surprise to anyone on this forum.

Ayen
01-22-2015, 02:23 AM

I first saw her as Mia Thermopolis or as the girlfriend in The Other Side of Heaven. Honestly not sure which as they both came out one right after the other.

Do people really hate her? She is completely fabulous.

I have no idea. I thought it was mainly a response to what other people said about her in the other thread.

I second what the Colonel said about Kristen Stewart. I'm not a fan of her acting per se, but goddamn if the girl can't pull off a suit. She didn't look half bad in that armor either.

Jinx
01-22-2015, 02:30 AM
Yes, people really hate Anne Hathaway. It's so bad that this (http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/anne-hathaway-explains-low-profile-post-oscars-people-needed-a-break-from-me-2014231) happened. Like, she actually went out of her way to avoid working and being in the public eye because the hate got to be so much.

Madame Adequate
01-22-2015, 04:19 AM
What the hell do people hate Anne Hathaway for? :psyduck: Aside from being mad jelly I guess.

Anyway I will also say that whilst Tom Cruise is legitimately a crazy person who, by all accounts, truly believes in Scientology, he is indeed an absolutely terrific actor.

Jinx
01-22-2015, 04:21 AM
The hate that Anne Hathaway receives almost certainly comes from a place of envy.

Pumpkin
01-22-2015, 04:22 AM
I don't hate her. I think I'm one of 5 people who really liked Ella Enchanted. Her look kinda bothers me for some reason but I can't figure out why. Would be silly to hold that against her though

Colonel Angus
01-22-2015, 04:23 AM
Anne Hathaway is on The Jon Daily Show right now.

Shiny
01-22-2015, 05:00 AM
I don't hate Anne Hathaway but most certainly think she is miscasted in anything that involves her not to be a doe eyed intellect. Her playing Cat Woman as a miscast for sure.

I like Nicki Minaj too. Not because I like her music, because I actually don't but because I think she's hilarious. I wish she wouldn't trout on other female rappers though. Not a good look.

I like Kristen Stewart in things where she is playing Kristen Stewart. I have watched things before just because she was in them. "Kristen Stewart playing a stripper" ...Ok sure I will watch that. :shifty:

I think Robert Pattinson is a pretty good actor. Saw him in The Rover and it was really good.

I like Shia in things where I don't feel like he's trying to compensate for being little or feeling emasculated. He does this very noticeably in a few roles. He was legit great in Fury, but the film itself was meh.

Vyk
01-22-2015, 06:38 AM
I remember Anne Hathaway turning down a role in some movie years ago, and the reasoning was kinda moral and some people took it as uppity or something. I tried to find it in IMDB's trivia, which is where I first came across it, but it seems to have been since removed for whatever reason. But that was about the time that the hate started, and it seems to have snowballed from there. I do believe a lot of people hold some disdain for her being cast as catwoman for some reason as well though, so that probably just expounded the issue

blackmage_nuke
01-22-2015, 08:37 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hMuNZYQe-w

I wouldnt say love but I dont hate Seth Rogen as much as a lot of people seem to.

MissH
01-22-2015, 01:24 PM
This is probably more of a UK thing but Cheryl Feenandez-Versinii/Cole and James Blunt.

I love them both! Cheryl is seriously hot and makes me wish we could have one hot passionate night together. James Blunt- much of the same. No, really, I actually really like his music! But I'm a die-hard romantic and would just crumble if someone wrote a song like "you're beautiful" to me. *swooon*. Plus James Blunt is bloody hilarious on Twitter!

Everyone else seems to hate both of them. They are WRONG!

Slothy
01-22-2015, 03:56 PM
I don't get the Anne Hathaway hate either. And I don't care what anyone else says, I liked her as Catwoman.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 12:03 AM
I don't get the Anne Hathaway hate either. And I don't care what anyone else says, I liked her as Catwoman.

Yes, she was a fine Catwoman. Damn fine.

Pheesh
01-23-2015, 12:33 AM
Everyone hating on Michael Cera and I'm just here like "If I was an actor that'd be me."

Pike
01-23-2015, 12:48 AM
Everyone hating on Michael Cera and I'm just here like "If I was an actor that'd be me."

who on EARTH could dislike Michael Cera? I'm gonna bash their knees in

Jinx
01-23-2015, 12:56 AM

who on EARTH could dislike Michael Cera? I'm gonna bash their knees in

I lost a little respect for him when I read about how he went to a busy NY restaurant during dinner rush, took up two tables to play chess with a friend, only ordered drinks, stayed for three hours, and didn't leave a tip.

Night Fury
01-23-2015, 03:40 AM

You are not Michael Cera you are Paul Rudd you silly.

This is probably more of a UK thing but Cheryl Feenandez-Versinii/Cole and James Blunt.

I'm not really allowed to hate Chez. It would go against all of my roots to hate another geordie :p I still laugh at her 'live' performances though.

awCIIsxFoJo

Awww, bless ya Chez.

Shorty
01-23-2015, 08:23 AM
Everyone rags on Jennifer Aniston. I know she does terrible romantic comedies, but I will never stop identifying with her as Rachel.

Ayen
01-23-2015, 08:48 AM
Jennifer Aniston is sexy and I want to take her out to dinner.

Egami
01-23-2015, 11:41 AM
I think the Anne hate went up a few notches after her Oscar speech. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for some reason.

k_b5xav1jls

Pike
01-23-2015, 12:27 PM
ITT: People who I had no idea were widely disliked/hated but apparently are

Rocket Edge
01-23-2015, 01:02 PM
It's not her acting that rubs me up the wrong way. The reason I don't like Anne Hathaway is because a close friend of mine was an extra on Becoming Jane I think it was years ago with James McEvoy. She was in disbelief at how much of a diva she was, giving no time for any fans, and was always shouting at the crew. She said lots of times she was acting like a bitch. JM on the other hand had time for fans. My friend is the opposite of a drama queen who does not lie and I trust what she says. Then when I see Anne in things like the video above waffling on where she thanks the moon and stars I just cringe because I have reason to think it's all fake.

Slothy
01-23-2015, 01:24 PM
I think the Anne hate went up a few notches after her Oscar speech. It rubbed a lot of people the wrong way for some reason.

k_b5xav1jls

I just watched that and all I can say is what the fuck would people find wrong with that? Aside from being the usual boring list of names that comes out in speeches, it was relatively short, she seemed grateful and thankful, and she didn't say anything that could be remotely seen as offensive to anyone anywhere on any planet.

Unless everyone is just allergic to boredom I can't imagine what the problem was. And if they are allergic to boredom then they wouldn't be watching the Oscars to begin with.

Shiny
01-23-2015, 04:40 PM
The majority of actors are boring and pretentious "jocks" as Louis C.K. put it so accurately. Ann Hathaway is no different. I actually remember why I don't like her in most roles now, it's just her face. She just has a face that I dislike -- constantly doe eyed and mouth agape. I can't. But wrong thread. XD

Lone Wolf Leonhart
01-24-2015, 02:35 PM
It's not her acting that rubs me up the wrong way. The reason I don't like Anne Hathaway is because a close friend of mine was an extra on Becoming Jane I think it was years ago with James McEvoy. She was in disbelief at how much of a diva she was, giving no time for any fans, and was always shouting at the crew. She said lots of times she was acting like a bitch. JM on the other hand had time for fans. My friend is the opposite of a drama queen who does not lie and I trust what she says. Then when I see Anne in things like the video above waffling on where she thanks the moon and stars I just cringe because I have reason to think it's all fake.

I've heard this, as well.

There are little things that build up over time. She complained about the E missing from her first name when she won an award, she's also said in interviews "I've donated to a lot of charities, which I should mention".

Nope. No you don't have to really. Dare to be a giving person without publicizing the credit you think it'll give you.

She doesn't seem to be a bad person. But people pick up on the fact that she's hoity-toity. That's all.