PDA

View Full Version : Venture Bros: All This and Gargantua-2

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2015, 06:14 AM
ok first of all if you even like this show and you haven't seen the special yet go here RIGHT NOW and watch it (http://www.adultswim.com/videos/the-venture-bros/all-this-and-gargantua-2/)

Now can we please all talk about how this is great and how nothing is ever going to be the same again because everything is changed or killed or something and also this is kind of exactly the sort of thing that would happen on this show so maybe it isn't so different and oh my god i'm crying forever

Jowy
01-22-2015, 07:52 AM
I've watched it three times already.

Do you think Headshot was intentionally waiting for The Sovereign to come flying out before he shot him, or was it a total accident?

Billy's mom is Triple Threat. Action Man's wanted to nail her for a while after all...

I don't know anyone else who's caught up on this smurfing show for the record.

Jessweeee♪
01-22-2015, 10:35 PM
Do you think Headshot was intentionally waiting for The Sovereign to come flying out before he shot him, or was it a total accident?

I feel dumb because it wasn't until someone else said something about it that I realized that eagle was The Sovereign. I thought it was just an eagle, like, right after the guy transformed into one my brain was like "oh it's just a totally different eagle." On the other hand they would so do something like that, be like "what you guys that was just an eagle."

I think my favorite bit was Dean and Dr. Venture fixing the ray shield thingy, that was cute.

Jowy
01-22-2015, 10:39 PM
Watch and Ward were cracking me up every time they were on screen.

Jessweeee♪
01-23-2015, 04:08 AM
"I am a skilled surgeon, Hank! I untwisted you and your brother's testicles!"
"Buh, when did that happen? *gasp* You fondled clone Hank!"

Jowy
01-27-2015, 04:52 AM
We're the only two people here that care about the venture brothers :(

Shorty
01-27-2015, 06:24 AM
sorry guys it has been years since I've seen this show :(

Jessweeee♪
01-27-2015, 02:41 PM
Well then you probably only missed season 5 because that took about three years to make watch it now :(

Jowy
01-28-2015, 05:18 AM
good luck with getting Sarah to watch quality television.

she probably didn't see the end of season 3 with the whole "HEY MONARCH, I'M TAKING YOUR smurfING CAR" and what happened afterwards. that's the most pivotal moment in the series.

Shorty
01-28-2015, 05:22 AM
I watch plenty of quality television, you jerkwad :colbert:

Jowy
01-28-2015, 05:31 AM
if you did you'd be caught up on VB!

Shorty
01-28-2015, 05:42 AM
I don't trust shows that have ridiculous three-year hiatuses! Look what happened to Arrested Development!

Jowy
01-28-2015, 05:47 AM
Well, All That And Gargantua-2 is the best thing I've watched in twenty-eight years. Comparing it to Arrested Development is quite offensive...especially since it wasn't picked up by a completely different provider than the original network. Doc and Jackson strive to make a quality program and know they have Adult Swim by the testicular-torsion affected balls when it comes to the most intricately written show possibly ever made. What is your last clear memory from the very complex Venture Brothers storyline and how can I help you get caught up? If you need to start over, skip the first six episodes of season 1 and jump straight into "Ghosts of the Sargasso."

You've gotta play by the rules...the ghost pirate rules. You live by the ghost...you die by the ghost. Then you get to experience Mecha-Shiva. And King Gorilla. And the humorless dick that is Phantom Limb who won a bunch of money on Card Sharks with that weird midget.

Jessweeee♪
01-28-2015, 07:50 AM
I like to skip people straight to Trial of the Monarch. If they aren't on board by Mecha-Shiva then we might have some problems.

Jowy
01-30-2015, 03:18 PM
I kept my mouth shut when Dean said he could read Sanskrit!

Jessweeee♪
01-30-2015, 10:49 PM
Well, Hank. What's it like to be a liar? Huh? You like being a liar with pants constantly on fire? Wait let me rephrase that, are you a liar? And let me remind you that I am rubber and you are glue and whatever you say bounces off of me and STICKS TO YOU