PDA

View Full Version : Meal planning apps

Pike
01-22-2015, 12:56 PM
I am looking for a good meal planning app, program, or website. Because supposedly you save a ton of money when you pre-plan your meals. Have any of you guys used something like this, and if so, what can you recommend me?

Pike
01-22-2015, 02:05 PM
That's basically what I do now, but I thought it might be kind of neat to have an app that sorts everything by day so I don't just hold it all in my head and shopping list. It's probably not necessary but I'm kind of curious!

Quindiana Jones
01-23-2015, 07:04 AM
Highly recommend buying a whiteboard for your fridge. Note up ingredients need; scratch 'em out when you're done.

I'm in search of a similar thing, though. I want an alarm to remind me to eat/drink, because otherwise I forget and then I end up losing energy, feeling tired, and stuffing my face to compensate in the next meal. xD

noxious.sunshine
02-02-2015, 10:52 PM
http://m.plantoeat.com

Maybe try this? I just happened to find it.. You have to pay to it, though.

I'm on Android and also found Food Planner ... It's free & gives you the ability to not only plan your meals for the week, but also import recipes to a database & make shopping lists.

Pumpkin
02-09-2015, 04:33 AM
I have a dry erase board menu that I plan out meals for the week. I also have my shopping/grocery list pad on my fridge so I can write stuff down as I think of it since I notice what we're missing while in the kitchen, usually

But when I first make the menu I just sit down with the cookbook and write it all out like Jinx. Haven't tried an app though

The Summoner of Leviathan
02-16-2015, 04:37 PM
I sorta just go with what I have in the house/craving. Experience shows you can surprise yourself what you can make with a bunch of leftovers!

Like others say, making a weekly menu is a good idea that way you limit your grocery shopping. Also, try to reuse ingredients or meals. Like if you have a roast chicken one night, then chicken sandwich or soup the next. Also making something big and then storing portion in the fridge and freezer. Like make a huge lasagna for supper one night then take the leftovers for lunch the next day or freeze them for future meals. I also base what I buy on sales. So if ground beef is on sale, I will buy a big bunch. Make hamburgers one day and maybe pasta the next, or whatever.

As for online tools, I do not really know any, sorry. :(