PDA

View Full Version : Epic VGM Tracks.

Galuf
01-22-2015, 03:13 PM
as some people know. my favourite genre of music is Video game music. so i decided to see what other game tracks people liked.

im gonna start with a NON FF game ( i know i know.. no need to be surprised that im not talking bout FF) anyways this is a good game its called mass effect 2 ( the whole trilogy is awesome) and this is an amazing song

VTsD2FjmLsw

this song is amplified in the "feels" factor when some of your friends and allies fall in battle because of YOUR failure of choices.

sharkythesharkdogg
01-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Oh, good thread.

I don't think this game got nearly enough love. The series is always lambasted for not changing enough and lacking in quality, but I thought they really tried to address those issues both in story line, game mission structure, combat, and items.

Anyway, I've always liked the song too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHIari8KgYM

Also, this one. I just like the series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6NIuhtwZCU

Pumpkin
01-22-2015, 04:51 PM
I've recently discovered the beautiful Dawn of Mana ost

S5uROuguNzQ

V9mzcJjoJoQ

SQ8GyGARO5k

Karifean
01-22-2015, 05:07 PM
I'm quite partial to the zts tracks on the Umineko soundtrack.

fAKkw71ff3U

NuRRe1moVhY

sjIAEW7lBgM

nLTrVqrtHU4

p85zQLOMlUY

hg9XPcPKYAQ

And a beautiful one for a change.

TSsXs9Ua7KY

Ayen
01-22-2015, 10:44 PM
Pretty much the entire soundtrack of Final Fantasy VI, Metal Gear Solid, and the original Tomb Raider.

Command and Conquer, Evil Zone, San Francisco Rush, Resident Evil, and BattleTanx Global Assault has some good tracks, too.

Galuf
01-22-2015, 10:49 PM
Pretty much the entire soundtrack of Final Fantasy VI, Metal Gear Solid, and the original Tomb Raider.

Command and Conquer, Evil Zone, San Francisco Rush, Resident Evil, and BattleTanx Global Assault has some good tracks, too.

you will be executed by king galuf if you do not give a video Example. evil ToriJ. always breaking the rules.

jokes.

Ayen
01-22-2015, 10:50 PM

you will be executed by king galuf if you do not give a video Example. evil ToriJ. always breaking the rules.

jokes.

Rules were made to be broken.

Fox
01-22-2015, 11:10 PM
Well, I was just talking about Xenoblade's music in the Xenoblade thread. So here's a selection of beautiful and epic.

nNR-wsFAfiU

DqKsWhQvVrk

B0DE5zyRI6U

HAW4xlbyu28

Ayen
01-22-2015, 11:15 PM
sT9ReWDV0IU

6miaTf1gF4g

fIWLT0QVPzw

LFjT1TExFyM

Forgot World Tour in my last post.

Fox
01-23-2015, 09:05 PM
I wanted to share one more piece from Xenoblade that is very important to me on so many levels.

7OBZN1rL9gc

Ans then the main theme from Valkyria Chronciles. This was composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto, who you may know from FF Tactics and FFXII. I'm usually quite critical of his work actually, it tends to lack... mainly a good melody. There are very few pieces from XII I remember, even if he does ambience really well. The theme from Valkyria Chronicles does not have that problem. I love it a lot, it really captures everything the game is about. The grandness of battle, the dangers of war, comradeship... those are things I feel from it anyway.

MP9rJdxmuQU

sharkythesharkdogg
01-23-2015, 09:23 PM
The entire Killer Instinct soundtrack.

Eff you guys, I'm old, it's mostly '90s house techno, and it's awesome. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po8BPq-EPS0

The Way You Move
The Instinct
Controlling Transmission
Trailblazer
Tooth & Claw

EDIT: Also, for anyone who is a fan of the game. That meat is rare.

Scotty_ffgamer
01-24-2015, 07:06 AM
NImW-Rs8eK8 I just came to realize this theme was from Policenauts initially, but I know it from MGS. I just loved this little tune, and it really set the tone for me going into the game.

I'll do more when I have more time probably.

Leigh
01-24-2015, 08:55 AM
Just a couple off the top of my head. A bit of musical variation hopefully is achieved! :)

C4o3caJzuNE

n2b4itvG6nI

um1Xvec-bkw

vOwuSQXs1Aw

SCb-gZMW82E

rXk2XGGkD-Y

Galuf
01-24-2015, 08:55 PM
heres another one that i like.
b2VNDrz7Sas

Dat Matt
01-25-2015, 12:04 PM
Well, I was just talking about Xenoblade's music in the Xenoblade thread. So here's a selection of beautiful and epic.

nNR-wsFAfiU

DqKsWhQvVrk

B0DE5zyRI6U

HAW4xlbyu28

You forgot one. Here, let me fix that for you.

V4vCEHpv6Hg

There we go.

This is also hitting very high for me just now as well.

cjozvK2C9dA

Why not have some DMC3 while we're at it

9v-9BBiC0VU

Sephex
01-29-2015, 07:10 AM
The entire Super Hexagon soundtrack. Short, but sweet.

EDIT: The more I think about this, the more this soundtrack is a good analogy of the Dragon King. Especially around the 8:06 mark. Then after that wavy stuff is over, there is that absolute perfect mix of the third track.

jigRSeRYMzA

Ayen
01-29-2015, 07:20 AM
We all know Guile theme can go with anything, so let add him to these proceedings!

Iof5pRAIZmw

Aerith's Knight
02-04-2015, 10:26 PM
You guys should check out the music from the Crypt of the Necrodancer game. Freaking good.