PDA

View Full Version : The Avengers 2012

Mercen-X
01-24-2015, 02:26 AM
I'm sure there has been enough talk about Avengers and what people might have missed, little nibs here and there. Things that are and aren't relevant to future films.

With AoU on the horizon, I'm currently re-watching Avengers, feeling the need to watch Hulk smash a few Chitauri warriors. Upon reaching the Phase 2 argument sequence, I found myself listening to the conversation for the first time. I don't know if the conversation has already been decrypted (there are only a few lines that require one to strain their ears), but I have only been able to get so far myself.

What I have so far (from the point when multiple characters begin to speak and their dialogue is no longer captioned):

Nick Fury (to Thor) (captioned): Excuse me, but did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?

Steve Rogers (to Stark): You understand this is a team, right?

Thor (to Fury) (captioned): You treat your champions with such mistrust.

Nick Fury (to Thor): You are not my champion!

Tony Stark (to Rogers): What is it about me that bothers you so much? I'm curious.

Natasha Romanoff (to Thor) (captioned): Are you boys really that naive? SHIELD monitors potential threats.

Steve Rogers (to Stark): I... (overwhelmed by Banner's dialogue; best guess) I can't get into that now.

Bruce Banner (to Romanoff) (captioned): Captain America is on threat watch?

Natasha Romanoff (to Banner) (captioned): We all are.

Nick Fury (to Banner): It's not your concern, Doctor.

Thor (to Fury): You should have let me take Loki back to Asgard.

Tony Stark (to Rogers) (captioned): Wait, you're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees..?

Steve Rogers (to Stark) (captioned): Stark, so help me god, if you make one more wisecrack...

(a voice I cannot distinguish, either Thor or Fury): (a phrase overwhelmed by Stark's jab at Rogers)

Tony Stark (to Rogers) (captioned): Threat! Verbal threat! I feel threatened!

Steve Rogers (to Stark) (captioned): Show some respect.

Tony Stark (to Rogers): Respect what?

Thor (to Banner): If I need to put you down then I will. (best guess) My father wants me to continue to champion your free will.

Bruce Banner (to Thor, interrupting): Oh, yeah! Lay a hand on me now. That'll be a hoot.

(another garbled line I suspect is supposed to be Nick Fury)

Steve Rogers (to Stark): (best guess) Respect that you don't know everything.

Tony Stark (to Rogers): (best guess) That's why I break it down...

The only reason I'm posting this is because I can't find a concise script and am trying to cipher the dialogue myself. The lines spoken at the end by Fury, Thor, Rogers, and Stark are the most troublesome because that's where their voices have been pretty well blended together. I invite others to re-watch Avengers or scour the internet for the words I'm missing... or whatever other factoid you think may have been missed.