PDA

View Full Version : If Squenix teamed up with another company...

Scotty_ffgamer
01-27-2015, 01:19 AM
If Square Enix decided to team up with another company to make an RPG, whether it be a mash up or an original IP, who would you like it to be? What kind of game do you think would result from said team up?

Depression Moon
01-27-2015, 01:49 AM
They should do a team up with Disney Interactive. :D

Mirage
01-27-2015, 04:24 AM
They should team up with Triace.

Ayen
01-27-2015, 05:35 AM
Monolith Soft to make the next Xeno game.
Mistwalker to make the next Final Fantasy game.

NeoCracker
01-27-2015, 11:09 AM
On this note I feel justified in speaking on Pikes behalf, and agreeing with her.

FUCKING NINTENDO AND ANOTHER SUPERMARIO RPG MOTHERFUCKER WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT!?

I think I got the tone down rather well.

Loony BoB
01-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Red Thread Games, who will focus on the world plot and fantasy elements. Graphics and gameplay can remain with Square Enix. Character work / dialogue can be shared.

Alternatively, for a more major group, Ubisoft.

Alternatively, if it's a "complete" merge where all aspects are shared between the two groups... Mistwalker.

Alternatively, I'd love to see what Naughty Dog would do if they were advisors.

Aulayna
01-27-2015, 01:16 PM

:stare:

Slothy
01-27-2015, 02:19 PM
On this note I feel justified in speaking on Pikes behalf, and agreeing with her.

FUCKING NINTENDO AND ANOTHER SUPERMARIO RPG MOTHERFUCKER WHAT ELSE COULD YOU WANT!?

I think I got the tone down rather well.

This is the only answer.

Psychotic
01-27-2015, 02:23 PM
Obsidian.

Loony BoB
01-27-2015, 02:38 PM

What's so bad about Ubisoft? Child of Light has a great atmosphere, battle system, looks and general gameplay (the character's aren't rubbish either), while the Far Cry series shows a lot of creativity in a plot sense. Far Cry games are also great for gameplay. Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed are also decent at the very least for various different parts of gaming that I feel SE lack in.

Night Fury
01-27-2015, 04:18 PM
Bioware.

Omni-Odin
01-27-2015, 04:23 PM
Bioware.

Hmm.. BioSquenix or Squenixware?

Loony BoB
01-27-2015, 04:27 PM
BioSquare!

Agent Proto
01-27-2015, 05:43 PM
Square-Enix should team up with Nintendo and make a TRUE sequel to Super Mario RPG.

Aulayna
01-27-2015, 06:18 PM

What's so bad about Ubisoft? Child of Light has a great atmosphere, battle system, looks and general gameplay (the character's aren't rubbish either), while the Far Cry series shows a lot of creativity in a plot sense. Far Cry games are also great for gameplay. Splinter Cell and Assassin's Creed are also decent at the very least for various different parts of gaming that I feel SE lack in.

Rubbish PC Ports that take several patches to address. The issues with Assassin's Creed Unity. The issues with The Crew. Their DRM model within the past few years. Their general business and overhyping games beyond belief and then rarely delivering on half the things they set out too. (again see Watch_Dogs and ACU as recent examples, with all eyes now on The Division and Rainbow Six to see if they follow suit)

They are great for publishing, but the majority of their inhouse triple-A titles are plagued with issues that reak of internal mismanagement due to having a follow the sun development structure.

They have some good games, yes, but overall I think they would be a terrible fit for Square Enix. (especially given SQEX's focus on the bottom line dollar, shudders me to think of the abomination it would result in)

Perhaps if they followed a Child of Light structure and just made a small development team made of people from both companies and gave them free reign to do what they wanted, then maybe, but if we're talking a big blockbuster RPG - no thank you. Big business would get in the way of that far too much.

----------------------

Anyway on an unrelated note, Square Enix have enough subsidiary companies they could work with - Eidos Montreal or Crystal Dynamics spring to mind.

metagloria
01-27-2015, 07:50 PM
Square-Enix and EA Sports present:

MADDEN QUEST MMXV

Hipster Username
01-28-2015, 12:03 AM
Square Enix Goya has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

Bolivar
01-29-2015, 12:55 AM

Please just one more, I beg you.

Vyk
01-29-2015, 04:24 AM
All that talk of teaming up with Ubisoft made me think about how weird and possibly awesome it would be to have the Beyond Good and Evil sequel get revived again and be an RPG or something

Other than teaming up with Obsidian or BioWare who could help Square finally be able to write believable and well developed characters and stories that aren't littered with ridiculous plot devices, that would be my vote. 3 decent choices from my perspective

chionos
01-29-2015, 10:38 AM
thatSQUAREcompany

SE doesn't know how to tell a story anymore. thatgamecompany crafted a better story (Journey), with no dialogue, than SE has in many years with its overscripted melodramas.

I also agree with the mentions of Nintendo, but not for the states reasons. I'm thinking more along the lines of:

http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--6O5nbm5O--/koisbtqh4rp14kde96u8.png

and

http://www.moonfoxart.com/uploads/4/1/0/5/4105169/7292942_orig.jpg

I want to say Team Ico, but Ueda's no longer with them, and if The Last Guardian is any indication, combining the two would mean catastrophically long waits for new games. But still...Ueda's storytelling and imagination with SE's backing. *drool*

Loony BoB
01-30-2015, 09:53 AM
As much as I utterly adore thatgamecompany, I don't think their 'story' style would fly for a Final Fantasy game.

Bubba
01-30-2015, 10:07 AM
They should team up Wetherspoons and and make Final Fantasy themed bars!

Would love to stop off at the 7th Heaven on the way back from work.

Loony BoB
01-30-2015, 10:13 AM
Bubba: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159292-SQUARE-ENIX-ARTNIA-Cafe

Ayen
01-30-2015, 10:17 AM
Bubba: http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159292-SQUARE-ENIX-ARTNIA-Cafe

They stole Bubba's idea!

Bubba
01-30-2015, 10:26 AM
GODDAMMIT!

Yes but... but... did they use little plastic Masamune Swords as cocktail sticks?? NO THEY DID NOT!

My idea now, already patented.

chionos
01-30-2015, 07:06 PM
As much as I utterly adore thatgamecompany, I don't think their 'story' style would fly for a Final Fantasy game.

Well the idea isn't, what if Thatgamecompany did a FF game.
It's what if SE teamed up with Thatgamecompany. Square's production values combined with tgc's ability to craft a compelling story out of basically nothing would be brilliant.

Final Fantasy from the crystal's perspective? What?

SE needs to calm the fuck down and stop overproducing a bunch of melodramatic gaudy nonsense. tgc would help bring them back down to a level of clarity and vision the likes of which created the best stretch of games in history, The Square Wonder Years.

It would be brilliant, I tell you. Brilliant!

Carl the Llama
02-09-2015, 07:21 PM
Namco Tales Studios. Imagine a Tales x Final Fantasy game? I think it would be incredible. That or Capcom, would love a Breath of life into the Breath of Fire series, and a Street Fighter x Final Fantasy crossover.