PDA

View Full Version : Brave New World!

Jowy
01-28-2015, 06:29 AM
I had to reload because I was expected to get an Auto-Crossbow by default...and had to grind a bit for a BioBlaster to pair with it. Didn't take the Exp. Eggs available to me right off the bat either. I haven't had to actually think while playing this game until tonight...looking forward to it getting somewhat challenging. Edgar should have 259 HP upon joining at Figaro Castle and that number is reduced by at least half. Combined with the random trash counter attacking along with multi-target Fire spells doing exponentially less damage, I'm looking forward to actually struggling my way through this game.

So far at Mt. Koltz, the increased difficulty is a nice change of pace.

Ayen
01-28-2015, 06:40 AM
Wait, what? You playing a mod or something?

I had a hard enough time with the original once I got to a certain point.

Jowy
02-04-2015, 05:52 AM
http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2095/

Calling it an "enhanced" version would be the best way to describe it. Level cap of 50, only certain characters can equip very few espers (only fucking Stray for Sabin so far), enemies can actually use the skills they have programmed (you're gonna get fucked by Step Mine a LOT). I got stoned before I went on my second trip down the Lethe River for Water Rondo and forgot to save when I wanted to see how tricky the Intagnir was on Triangle Island. Now I get to do it again! I w as stuck on Number 024 for at least an hour before that too but managed to down him on the third attempt. If you're a fan of the game, I really recommend checking it out. My goal for the evening is to make it to the floating continent.

And they "fixed" Cyan by letting his Bushido gauge charge twice as fast. ahmygawd.

Jowy
02-13-2015, 11:51 AM
It took me about twenty-eight minutes to kill Atma Weapon...what a fucking fight. 5/5 bretty good.

World of Ruin is tricky. My experiences so far:

- Good luck without four people for the first Phunbaba encounter. Perma-morphed Terra will likely die in one hit during the second fight; she's really more of a squishy caster stats wise.
- Daryl's Tomb was an accessory and patience check.
- There's no way in hell you can kill the Storm Dragon on your way to pick up Cyan now. Gear check.
- Chardanook felt like a more well-tuned (and incredibly fun) fight. Then again I did have Reraise being constantly spammed.
- There is a (Fight Doom Gaze) option on the airship to save you the time of flying around erratically. He's a tough little bastard now too...
- All commands are available to use during the now mandatory for completion, Cultist's Tower. Running like hell with reflect rings is still the best strategy though. Sweet jesus, you die fast. There's a much nicer reward than the Air Anchor hidden there this time around however!
- You don't get the Chainsaw until you hit Mt. Zozo.

I'm currently at a wall between Phunbaba's second encounter and getting slaughtered in Narshe to pick up Mog. Just downed Chadarnook with average level 26...just now peaking 1K HP for a lot of characters. Gau and Relm are floating around 600-700. Back row! This game is incredibly fun.

Spooniest
02-13-2015, 03:41 PM
Ugh

The game is hard enough

The ideas behind this game are not things SE would've done and my GAWD I am a nerd

Vyk
02-13-2015, 09:38 PM
Its sad that this actually intrigues me. But that sounds like it would require either a lot of saving, or a lot of save-stating. And while I enjoy a challenge, I don't enjoy getting one-shotted by that challenge. So I think this may be leaning a little too far into Dark Souls territory and would feel more aggravating than rewarding. But now that I know it exists, I will probably check it out sometime

Jowy
02-14-2015, 12:47 AM
I haven't had to abuse save states at all. Number 024 is the only boss that I'd wiped on multiple times; rethinking your strategies and using everything available to you is how you progress. It isn't anywhere near Dark Souls territory unless you just try and auto-attack your way through random encounters. Give it a fair chance...you may be pleasantly surprised.