PDA

View Full Version : The Cast of Chrono Cross

Forsaken Lover
01-30-2015, 07:54 AM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg216/NikKingMan/Chrono2_zpspr778sse.jpg

1. Who were your favorite characters?

2. This one is a bit trickier maybe. One of the many complaints about CC is its gigantic party. Well, for this, make an "ideal" party. Strip away all the superfluous characters until only plot necessary protagonists remain.

Colonel Angus
01-31-2015, 09:25 PM
I liked a lot of the characters, including some of the "useless" ones. My favorite is probably Funguy.

Perducci
02-04-2015, 02:11 AM
1) Harle and Glenn are probably my favourites, but that'll likely change next time I play through.

2) Serge/Lynx, Kid and Harle are probably the only 'important' characters but if I had it my way I'd strip back most of the useless people and give Guile and Glenn expanded roles.

metagloria
02-04-2015, 04:09 AM
My two faves are Glenn and Karsh, but having two Green-innate characters in your party bites. Almost every time I play, I wind up with Serge, Glenn and Fargo because you have to have Fargo to steal the plates.

Forsaken Lover
02-04-2015, 02:26 PM
Or you could use Kid.

Er, well, I think she was removed from the party at the time you steal the Plates... Oh well.

Kid was not in the game enough.

Anyway, for me it be:
1. Serge, Kid, Karsh, Harle, Orlha

2. Serge/Lynx, Kid, Harle, Glenn, Karsh Fargo or Nikki, Guile with his restored Magus role

sharkythesharkdogg
02-07-2015, 05:11 PM
Mojo, Funguy, and Greco obviously.

Mercen-X
02-07-2015, 07:15 PM
Anyway, for me it be:
Guile with his restored Magus role

Huh?

Serge (his concept looks better than the final product), Kid and Harle (I seriously want to take them home with me), Orlha (is she from Street Fighter or Rival Schools), Pierre, Guile, Funguy, Nikki, Grobyc, Glenn, Karsh, Viper, Steena, Lynx, Skelly, Turnip, Sprigg (for Slash), Norris, Miki, Greco, Janice, Zappa, Radius (it's Master Roshi!), Garai

Serge, Lynx, Kid, Harle, possibly Glenn and Norris (I don't know)

The Man
02-07-2015, 10:43 PM
Anyway, for me it be:
Huh?
The initial plan was to have Guile be Magus in disguise, but this was dropped partway into development, though hints of the idea remain in the game.

As for the first question, I'll be the first to give the boring answer of Serge, Kid, Harle, and Lynx. Also Miguel, if NPCs count. As for the second, not sure; I haven't played the game in at least ten years.

Pumpkin
02-09-2015, 07:22 PM
Razzly, Leena, and NeoFio

You'd think with a cast that size they could have come up with better characters but oh well

Forsaken Lover
02-11-2015, 05:32 PM
I just realized something. A Kid line in Cross was a call back to Kato's favorite Magus line in Trigger, which is pretty cool when you know the plot of CC.

Magus in the Prophet Ending: If history is to change, let it change! If the world is to be destroyed, so be it! If I must vanish from existence to see this done, I shall welcome that fate!

Kid: If the world's gonna be destroyed, then let it be destroyed! If history is gonna be changed, then let it bloody well be changed! 'll show you what Radical Dreamers really dream about!

I only ever got two CT endings so I didn't know this was a reference until I was watching them all just now.

blackmage_nuke
02-12-2015, 07:47 AM
I liked the really valid point and i'm impressed by your thinking. with a giant nail stuck in him

^harharhar. But I liked the straw-man with the giant nail stuck in him

Colonel Angus
02-15-2015, 12:10 AM
Anyway, for me it be:
Huh?
The initial plan was to have Guile be Magus in disguise, but this was dropped partway into development, though hints of the idea remain in the game.

As for the first question, I'll be the first to give the boring answer of Serge, Kid, Harle, and Lynx. Also Miguel, if NPCs count. As for the second, not sure; I haven't played the game in at least ten years.
The reason they cut the Magus storyline was because it would've complicated the story too much.

Randy
03-01-2015, 09:36 AM
Really can't remember all the names as this point I'm afraid.

But Serge, Glenn, Robot man, Axe Dragon dude, Big muscly dragon dude with helmet, Jester girl.
How's that?

FFIX Choco Boy
03-04-2015, 04:16 AM
I always loved Serge, Lynx, Guile, Nikki, Glenn, Riddle, Harle, and Fargo. They were also some of my favorite characters to voice back when I did a live stream of the game.

Chibi Youkai
03-15-2015, 11:49 PM
Lynx and Glenn, for reasons that I can't remember right now, other than Lynx is just awesome.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 07:57 AM
I really liked Glenn, Nikki, Harle, and Norris a lot. Some other characters too, but those were the ones I usually used the most.

I wouldn't cut down the cast because I actually had fun recruiting characters in the game and whatnot. A lot of people get hung up on the cast of characters when the way the story was told focused on Serge, which was exactly how they should have done it, and the game's universe carried itself properly. It felt more authentic and real to have a sea of characters that just happen to get caught in the mix. There are enough games that point at a handful of late teens/very young adults and proclaim that they are the chosen ones or whatever.