PDA

View Full Version : Did you cry when Aerith died?

Lazerface
01-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Am I heartless if I didn't cry? Because... I kinda didn't. I just only thought "Damn, that's depressing".

Egami
01-30-2015, 06:02 PM
I didn't cry but the scene did have a powerful impact on me, the part where the music starts playing in sync with the bouncing materia hit me like a truck.

Pumpkin
01-30-2015, 06:19 PM
No. My reaction was something like "Oh no, my materia!"

I think the game gave it back though so that was all good

Shorty
01-30-2015, 09:25 PM
No. The internet spoiled it for me long before.

Leigh
01-30-2015, 09:28 PM
No, I didn't cry. Actually, I really disliked Aerith as a character when I was a child. My mindset at the time was "Tifa got there first! Back off!" What a strange 10 year old... haha

Galuf
01-30-2015, 10:22 PM
who is aerith?.... oh thats that girl witht he red hair oh yeah. nah i was like." pfft another ff character dying. yo aerith! FF2 Tellah and Galuf got there before you. also i never used you"

Karifean
01-30-2015, 10:27 PM
I... don't think I did, actually. I saw the game being played long before I ever played it myself so I didn't have much of an emotional attachment. Plus I was really young back then.

Lazerface
01-30-2015, 11:39 PM
Is that woman stuck in the 50's? She's wearing a bandana around her neck and I haven't seen anyone wear clothing like that since the 50's. Even though I wasn't born then but I saw images.

Shorty
01-30-2015, 11:50 PM
Is that woman stuck in the 50's? She's wearing a bandana around her neck and I haven't seen anyone wear clothing like that since the 50's. Even though I wasn't born then but I saw images.

Sorry, what? Please clarify about to whom you are referring. I don't believe that Aeris wears a bandana around her neck.

Ayen
01-31-2015, 12:09 AM

Same. I did feel pretty bad for Cloud, though. But even when I don't know it's coming games seldom make me cry.

Lazerface
01-31-2015, 12:34 AM

Sorry, what? Please clarify about to whom you are referring. I don't believe that Aeris wears a bandana around her neck.
I mean the woman on your tag is what I mean. The thing that says get your geek on. I just thought she was kinda 50's stuck. Don't take it offensively though. I don't mean any offense I was just curious :?

MJN SEIFER
01-31-2015, 02:50 AM
Yes I did, but I'm not too sure I did the first time around, but I did later on when it sunk in what had happened, and would continue to do so every other time I played the game, when that scene came on, as well as the scene where Aeris's past is revealed after she is captured, as it played the same music, and I associated that music with her death. I don't think I fully understood what had happened at first, until Cloud actually said that Sephiroth had killed her - I thought that somehow she would be okay (not sure why, as she'd already had a "send off"), I think I was just so sure that as she was one of the playable protagonists she couldn't die, so there was a part of me that thought that some twist in the story was going to save her.

It took me a few days at least, but it hit home what had happened, though I can't remember if that's when I cried, or whether it was when I played it again (I used cheat codes back then, so replaying didn't take that long). I can remember crying during that scene every single time, and everytime Aeris's Theme was played, or I thought of either the scene or the theme. I actually took it very seriously back then, and got very emotionally involved in the storyline, and the death of a character who I found to be very likeable, and had gotten to "know" her, in a sense by playing the game, and caring about the characters. I would, I will admit, find myself in tears without even playing the game at that point - my mother even thought that something in real life was depressing me at one point, and (understandably) wasn't sure how respond when I told her that I was simply thinking of a sad moment from a video game.

I still get emotional with certain things, such as songs and scenes from storylines, but I tend to do so more subtly then I did when I was a child. I think what was happening to me there, was nothing more than a child experiencing the very emotion that the writers wanted him to feel, but being a child, was more open about it than an adult would be.

Shiva95
01-31-2015, 02:13 PM
Yes, I cried when she died, even if I was spoiled before seeing her death. It was really sad.

Mirage
01-31-2015, 02:15 PM
I shed a tear without even knowing her because I had her death spoiled for me at a friend's house.

But then again I was also 14 and super impressionable

Lazerface
02-01-2015, 01:49 AM
I first played FFVII when I was 7. Didn't cry then either. Guess she really just didn't mean much. Strangely I cried when Big guy died in Of Mice and Men. Guess her death just didn't hold much significance to me. Didn't know her and she felt like more of a plot device.

chionos
02-01-2015, 06:03 AM
No tears. I was more pissed than sad. Stupid girl, watch your back. Watch your back, Aeris! >_< Damn you. So now I'm going to have to do some annoying fetch quest for a special Phoenix Down to revive her or something. Wait, what, she's DEAD dead? Why did I spend so much time unlocking her fucking limit breaks if I don't even get to use them. Gah! Fuck you, Sephiroth.

Ergroilnin
02-01-2015, 10:12 AM
No and to be honest I was happy, she was too clingy, flirty and annoying to me. I don't like that kind of girls so I was happy with her out.