PDA

View Full Version : Cat Cam confirmed at new ATR event!

Tyson
02-01-2015, 09:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUPARzjouLc

The wait is over everybody, finally some cat cam footage.

......Also a train station

fat_moogle
02-01-2015, 11:49 AM
Dog cam, now cat cam! What's next? Pidgeon cam? I wouldn't mind a birds eye view of the world :D

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2015, 05:34 AM
It would be interesting if cat cam was a feature that allowed you to crawl through small holes and reach treasure chests the players can't. There could almost be a mini-game out of it!

chionos
02-02-2015, 06:08 AM
Cat city? Wth is this? I don't understand what's going on, but I'm more intrigued than I should be, I think.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-02-2015, 06:15 AM
I like to think that this is just the entire game now. They scrapped everything and now you play as a cat in a world with only other cats. Just wandering around, doing cat things.

Seriously though, I love the idea of incorporating something like this into gameplay like lwl mentioned. I'm kind of thinking of like how you had to utilize different status effects in FFIII to go through portions of dungeons and whatnot. I don't know if they could do it to where it makes sense in the world, but it could be fun.

Ayen
02-02-2015, 06:49 AM
First they take over the internet, and now they're taking over our Final Fantasy.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
02-02-2015, 07:12 AM
Seriously though, I love the idea of incorporating something like this into gameplay like lwl mentioned. I'm kind of thinking of like how you had to utilize different status effects in FFIII to go through portions of dungeons and whatnot. I don't know if they could do it to where it makes sense in the world, but it could be fun.

Very interesting idea. It could be this games equivalent of "mini".

fat_moogle
02-02-2015, 10:07 AM
Something like this would be great. Maybe the Frog (http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread.php/159357-Frog?highlight=frog) in the overture demo meant more than what Square Enix are letting on! :D

Freya
02-02-2015, 02:32 PM
So that's why this game is taking forever? Because they have to make cat animations? UGhhhh

Mirage
02-02-2015, 02:49 PM
Pretty sure cats would have had animations even if you didn't control them :p

Freya
02-02-2015, 02:59 PM
They can take the time to animate cats but they haven't done much with chocobos? PRIORITIES

Mirage
02-02-2015, 04:37 PM
What if... We get to ride huge cats instead...

chionos
02-02-2015, 05:43 PM
Chocokitties? I need to be doing other things or I'd totally photoshop a super-cute chocokitten right now.

Maybe cats replace moogles in this FF?

fat_moogle
02-02-2015, 07:06 PM
Chocokitties? Maybe cats replace moogles in this FF?
What like, the cats ARE Moogles? But they're disguising themselves as cats so they blend in to the "real" world? xD

chionos
02-02-2015, 07:33 PM
Chocokitties? Maybe cats replace moogles in this FF?
What like, the cats ARE Moogles? But they're disguising themselves as cats so they blend in to the "real" world? xD

That would be awesome. But now I'm going to expect that and it'll be disappointing if they're just normal cats.

Egami
02-02-2015, 07:44 PM
Cat Cam > Airship

Loony BoB
02-03-2015, 12:25 PM
It would be neat if you could get a cat to ride around with you in the car and every now and then you can control him. I say 'control' - realistically, if it were a cat, you should have very vague control over it. You can perhaps suggest it goes this way, but really, cat's like "Oh, I suppose I could go over there and get that shiny thing for you but srsly, have you SEEN these shadows? I WILL CAPTURE THE SHADOWS." And you have to sit and watch it and go dancing around after some moving shadows. You're all "Awww, it's being cute, chasing shadows" and then suddenly it starts to lick it's own bum and you're just :stare: GO BACK TO CUTE GOD DAMMIT YOU'VE RUINED EVERYTHING.

Cats, man. Cats.