PDA

View Full Version : Have you played Dungeons & Dragons?

Pike
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
How are your dice-rolling skills?

Pumpkin
03-13-2015, 05:02 PM
I've played like twice. Just like on two nights, not full campaigns or whatever

Loony BoB
03-13-2015, 05:09 PM
Nope. Not interested at the moment, but maybe some day.

escobert
03-13-2015, 06:21 PM
Nope. Doesn't really interest me anymore. I was interested when I was younger but like with card games, I could never find people to play with.

sharkythesharkdogg
03-13-2015, 07:32 PM
I really enjoy it, but inevitably the game/gathering always stops happening due to schedule conflicts.

It's always right as the characters start to get interesting too. I've learned to design my characters where they'll have a lot more ability down in the low levels even if it means they won't be so great later on. Because it never gets to that point.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
03-13-2015, 07:45 PM
I've played it in chat once maybe twice with a couple others. It was fun. I tried to organize a game irl, but nobody wanted to play. My irl friends aren't nerdy enough.

noxious.sunshine
03-14-2015, 02:15 AM
I fucking hate dnd but every week, LN drags me into his dungeons and makes me play.

That sounds really bad.

(I play dnd in IRC but half the time idk what I'm doing).

Karifean
03-14-2015, 03:13 AM
Played it once, never found the time for it since.

Spooniest
03-14-2015, 05:43 AM
The one time I played I rolled a 20 on the battle's first and only attack.

I won the battle! It was awesome.

chionos
03-14-2015, 06:29 AM
Have a group, been playin' for years. We play other stuff, too (A&A, various boardgames, Jenga horror, and right now Savage Worlds), but the group is centered around D&D (or Pathfinder). Playing the game is only about a tenth as fun as making characters, though. I could just make new characters every week and be satisfied.

theundeadhero
03-14-2015, 08:43 AM
A few times but I've played Shadowrun much more often over the years.

blackmage_nuke
03-14-2015, 04:49 PM
I've done it a few times and I'd do it more if I more people wanted to do it with me. :jokey:

Bolivar
03-14-2015, 07:47 PM
Mostly 3E when I was younger then a bit of 4E a few years ago. I played some of the games Araciel ran on here that was a lot of fun although plating over chat really slows it down.

I ran a 5E game with a group of friends before one of us had to move, it was a lot of fun and I like the new rules. Want to get a group together but it's tough coordinating schedules.

Vyk
03-15-2015, 04:19 AM
Played this a ton growing up. So I'm pretty good with 2nd edition and all of its massive expanded rule set. Had a blast every time and miss it tons. Its part of why I love Baldur's Gate and all the things that were bred from Baldur's Gate. But yeah. Once I became an adult, none of my friends were interested. My older brothers and cousin who played with us were always busy with lives. One brother moved away. My cousin died. And my other brother is such a worthless deadbeat half the time I rarely want to hang out with him anymore. But he has no friends, and I wouldn't want my friends hanging out with him. And my friends aren't really interested. I really miss role playing in general. Its likely a huge reason I got into writing

Laddy
03-15-2015, 01:51 PM
I've been playing D&D and other RPG's since I was about 13. I've played with 40-somethings, I've been played with high schoolers, I've been the token dude, the token white guy, I just love D&D and the dynamics it brings out in groups.

I made my own Pen=and-Paper RPG that we played a few sessions of through here and the group seemed to have fun with. I also like Shadowrun, Pathfinder, Call of Cthulhu, Vampire - The Masquerade. You name it.

Any game that lets me live my fantasy of being a charming rogue that uses his look and personality to get what he wants, basically.

Vyk
03-15-2015, 05:12 PM
I'm so jealous. That's why I watch a lot of Spoony's Counter Monkey videos on YouTube. All his weird, glorious, or angry rants about all the crazy things that happened in his role playing experience

fat_moogle
03-15-2015, 05:34 PM
I used to play it with my friends years ago, but it's not something that I'm really a huge fan of.

My best experience was when I had some Wand of Wonder or something. My friend got eaten by something and I ended up using the wand to blow up the monster to free my friend xD

Pike
03-15-2015, 11:54 PM

Vyk
03-16-2015, 12:12 AM
That.. is fantastic

Jessweeee♪
03-19-2015, 05:08 AM
Only a little, I am a dirty casual. My best memory is when I rolled a monk character and went into a clothing shop that was selling a chicken suit. It was cursed so that anyone who wore it appeared as a chicken so long as they behaved vaguely chicken like and so it added +10 to stealth. It was the best. I would walk up to dudes like "bawk bawk" and they'd be like "why is there a chicken in this cave" and then I'd PUNCH THEM IN THE FACE. Also I could sneak into inns and sleep for free.

NeoCracker
03-19-2015, 05:49 AM
Weekly Pathfinder game right now. (We play Dungeon World if we are short people, or a Tabletop Board game of some kind.)

I'm currently at 4 PC deaths over the course of the Campaign, and they are currently in the middle of a snowy wild land chasing after a crazy Gnome who is creating a Clock Work army under orders by a cult of Hastor Worshipers.

TheShogun
03-19-2015, 11:42 AM
I've just started playing Cthulhutech recently, if that counts.

Christmas
06-26-2022, 10:44 AM
NOT THE ARCADE VERSION!?