PDA

View Full Version : Fallout or Final Fantasy?

Lazerface
02-01-2015, 05:37 PM
Well if anyone here has played any one of the Fallout games I'd like to hear if you honestly like the Fallout series of the Final Fantasy series better. Personally I like Fallout in terms of the Action point system but it has some flaws in what can be done in a certain amount of action points in one turn. That and combat takes a while and it's pretty slow sometimes when you just wait for your companions turns to be done. But it is easy in the way that you get exp for completing quests. I will admit ATB moved faster than APBS (Action Point Battle System). Personally I will the FF series have deeper stories that make me scratch my head in admirement in the end. Which do you like better?

escobert
02-01-2015, 05:44 PM
I don't think they're anywhere near close enough to compare. totally different games.

Pike
02-01-2015, 05:46 PM
Yeah this is kind of an unusual matchup. Even the earlier games in the series (aka Fallout 1 - 2 vs. FF I - VI) are really, really different from each other.

Fallout is great though, so I'm gonna say that.

Madame Adequate
02-01-2015, 05:48 PM
They're pretty different games. Both have installments within the topmost echelons of their respective genres - JRPG and CRPG. I don't know how meaningfully they can be compared except on a purely "I like this more than that" level.

Lazerface
02-01-2015, 05:56 PM
I think the "I like this more than that" level is kinda what I meant. I mean I know you really can't compare them that much but one's a WRPG and other is JRPG.

Psychotic
02-01-2015, 05:58 PM
I like 90's FF more than 90's Fallout but then Fallout dominates anything released in the past ten years.

Pike
02-01-2015, 06:00 PM
I seriously need to replay Fallout 1 and 2, I love them to bits but it's been a while

Speaking of Bethesda, I like TES more than both Fallout and FF

Lazerface
02-01-2015, 06:03 PM
I will admit Fallout does have a lot more quests involved.

Loony BoB
02-01-2015, 09:17 PM
I simply prefer FF games. I've only played one Fallout and it was okay, but I couldn't really get into it as much as I do an FF.

Laddy
02-01-2015, 09:27 PM
This is hard to say. Final Fantasy at its best is better than Fallout, but Fallout at its worst is better than the low-tier Final Fantasies.

Ayen
02-01-2015, 11:24 PM
I prefer Final Fantasy.

Jessweeee♪
02-02-2015, 12:06 AM
Fallout is great, but nothing can really replace the nostalgia I feel from playing and old favorite FF.

although (http://tunnelsnakes.com/)

Del Murder
02-02-2015, 05:57 AM
I played New Vegas for about 2 hours and then concluded these aren't the games for me. Not that it would have beaten FF even if I liked it.

Lazerface
02-02-2015, 12:59 PM
I liked the first two Fallouts. The last two really sucked for me. But Tactics was pretty fun and so is Wasteland 2.

Mirage
02-02-2015, 01:53 PM
i like games, and fallout and final fantasy are games so my answer is "yes

Galuf
02-02-2015, 04:00 PM
I don't think they're anywhere near close enough to compare. totally different games.

This. i say i like FF more but yes they arent comparable. no way. not ever not even on planet EEE47thf. ( Real planet i made up)

Psychotic
02-02-2015, 05:42 PM
I think I can sum it up as Final Fantasy is an on-the-rails experience, Fallout is an off-the-rails experience.

If the rails are taking you somewhere incredible, fuck yeah, toot toot all aboard. But when they're not, the story and gameplay experience you choose for yourself is probably going to be better.

Lazerface
02-18-2015, 09:29 PM
Yeah I think what you said pretty much describes WRPG's and JRPG's in general. I like being off rails at times. I do think Fallout's combat system is a bit more realistic in a way. Not through passage of time but action wise and combat options. It's nice to have around 10 or 12 action points to get through Fallout 1 or 2. So it's basically like you control the story and if you want to follow it or not. Which can be fun if you just want to roll around raiding towns and murdering people in Fallout 2. But I like Final Fantasy for the great story and characters. And the occasional good magic system. But if I ever made a game I think I'd be stuck on using turn based battle or action point based battle. I also notice Front Mission uses it too.

Now that I think about it more. I think FF's battle system might be more simple and easy to use than Fallout's and might be a bit more tactical in a way. Fallout while it's a great game especially the first two, I have to say the combat looks a bit unrealistic in the sense of standing out in the open and getting shot at. TBH I actually might like Wasteland 2 more than the Fallout series since you can utilize the environment around you better than Fallout, I think Fallout Tactics did this as well. From what I know no one is stupid enough to run out in the open and get shot at. Finding cover is usually the first thing they do.

Dante WolfWood
03-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Fallout.

It has revolvers.

Sephex
03-17-2015, 06:20 AM
Do I want to eat pizza or would I rather eat some ice cream? Well, it really depends on how I'm feeling or what mood I am in since I love both of them.

TheShogun
03-19-2015, 11:42 AM
I haven't played much FF but oh boy do I love me some fallout.

I knew the game was exceptional when I realised you could do a 'retard run'.

Leigh
03-20-2015, 01:10 AM
Do I want to eat pizza or would I rather eat some ice cream? Well, it really depends on how I'm feeling or what mood I am in since I love both of them.

Any sane person would have Pizza, and then have Ice Cream for dessert. You Silleh! :jess:

Lazerface
03-23-2015, 10:48 PM
I think it also depends what genre you're into in terms of story. Do you like a Post-apocalyptic horror depicting life after a nuclear war and people struggling to make a living in a damn near endless desert of the ruins of Northern California and Southern California, be the one to save the wasteland or bring it through complete hell and destroy everyone in your path ( a scenario that I see as unlikely) or do you like a good story that varies upon every game that incorporates the issues of corporatism, evil empires, gods and their hatred of humanity, insane psychotic clowns that simply want everything to die and end, magic beings and people who can utilize that power, civilization as it climbs to its top and falls to the bottom through natural disasters or its self, interesting characters with great backstories of those people enough that you can sympathize with them.

BlackFire
05-04-2015, 06:59 AM
Never played Fallout, so I will go with Final Fantasy.

Fynn
05-04-2015, 04:39 PM
This isn't Eyes on Fallout. I'm pretty sure the majority here came out of love for the other franchise...

Richard
05-05-2015, 03:16 PM
I think I enjoyed Final Fantasy X more than I did Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Just being honest.

Bright Shield
05-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Definitely FF for me.

Lazerface
06-24-2015, 12:51 AM
AGGGGHHH!!! FFVII REMAKE OR FALLOUT 4!! DAGGHH I CAN'T CHOOSE! lol

FFNut
06-24-2015, 04:55 AM
You can't really compare the two, but give me FF over FallOut if I was forced to choose any day.