PDA

View Full Version : I'm afraid to open treasure chests

Scotty_ffgamer
02-02-2015, 06:06 AM
So, I just started this game up again. I'm going to see if by the end of the year I can finally say I've beaten this game! Anyways, I immediately remembered the one thing I hated most about this game: the treasure system. For an open world game big on exploration, I've always thought it was lousy that you would be penalized for exploring every nook and cranny and opening every treasure chest, especially without any idea that opening some could cut you off from weapons later in the game. Even more than that though, I hated how the treasure chests were a bit unpredictable too. Most all of them seemed to have a chance of giving you different things, and I'm finding in my current play through that all they want to give up are minuscule amounts of gil.

Anyways, I guess for a point of discussion, are there things about this game that you hated when you first played it that still bother you today? I hated this entire game when I first played it, but this is pretty much the only thing that really bothers me about it anymore.

Pete for President
02-02-2015, 06:16 AM
The treasure chest system is awful indeed. Nothing good to say about it.

I loathed the Pharos Lighthouse more the second time around, does that count too?

Ayen
02-02-2015, 06:48 AM
I didn't care for the Monster Hunting and hated that I had to go through that just to continue the story at one point. I didn't care for the world exploration, either. The world felt blah to me and I found the main story much more interesting than the side content. I didn't care enough about future weapons to be bother by the treasure chest system, but that does suck.

Pumpkin
02-02-2015, 02:04 PM
The battle system. I prefer the more traditional random encounters where you play as all of the characters instead of using Gambits

Karifean
02-02-2015, 05:34 PM
They fixed all the problems I had with the treasure system in the International version. Treasures respawn by going just one screen away, there's no more reason ever not to open a treasure, and there are a LOT more one-time useful treasures.

I always hated, hated, hated the spell queue though. It's so horrible.