PDA

View Full Version : Canon Romance

Shiny
02-02-2015, 01:52 PM
I'm feeling randy today so I decided to settle this on here once and for all. Who is in your opinion the canon romance? Not who you like more, but you feel was best suited as Cloud's romantic interest.

Psychotic
02-02-2015, 02:13 PM
Barret.

Galuf
02-02-2015, 04:01 PM
Aeris until she drowns herself. then its Tifa

Mirage
02-02-2015, 04:54 PM
Yuffie for life

chionos
02-02-2015, 09:26 PM
That randy is a lucky guy. ;)

Tifa, if I had to choose, because she fits with Cloud best. Their personalities are best suited for long-term viability. Aeris is a no-go, and not just because she's dead. Yuffie is a lesbian. And Barret is too mean for Cloud, who is whiny and obviously lets every little thing get in his head. Cid and Cloud could make a good couple, but I'm afraid it'd end in abuse. Vincent's too hung for Cloud. HUNG UP, hung up I mean. On Lucretia. And what's left, bestiality? No, Tifa's the only real choice.

Shiny
02-02-2015, 09:33 PM
Why are they sleeping in separate beds in Advent Children though?

Sephex
02-03-2015, 03:07 AM
Having sex with a canon is very dangerous for either sex.

chionos
02-03-2015, 03:51 AM
Why are they sleeping in separate beds in Advent Children though?

B/c Nomura is an idiot.

Having sex with a canon is very dangerous for either sex.

Yeah, just ask my exes. >_>

Ayen
02-03-2015, 03:53 AM
Didn't Square announced not that long ago that Cloud/Tifa was the official pairing? I could have sworn I seen it mentioned somewhere because the Cloud/Aerith shippers were upset about it.

Sephex
02-03-2015, 03:59 AM
Didn't Square announced not that long ago that Cloud/Tifa was the official pairing? I could have sworn I seen it mentioned somewhere because the Cloud/Aerith shippers were upset about it.

What do they want Cloud to do? Swim down there and...uh...start a relationship with a corpse? Do they think it would work if Cloud equipped the Underwater Materia? She's dead!

chionos
02-03-2015, 04:52 AM

What do they want Cloud to do? Swim down there and...uh...start a relationship with a corpse? Do they think it would work if Cloud equipped the Underwater Materia? She's dead!

9/10 women say guys don't go "down there" enough, so yeah, maybe.

Sephex
02-03-2015, 05:06 AM

Yeah, my girlfriend often complains that I don't go to the bottom of a lake and--

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Ayen
02-03-2015, 05:11 AM

Noted for future reference.

Lazerface
02-03-2015, 01:04 PM
I don't think it's safe to be in love with a cannon. Might get blown up.

Shiva95
02-03-2015, 01:53 PM
Tifa. Aerith is dead and Cloud's personality fits more with Tifa's.

Loony BoB
02-03-2015, 02:48 PM
Tifa.

Karifean
02-03-2015, 09:59 PM
Both.

Mirage
02-03-2015, 10:28 PM
Both barret and tifa, of course.

Egami
02-04-2015, 12:08 AM

PS: I voted Tifa

Ayen
02-04-2015, 02:06 AM
Hands off, Cloud! Terra's mine.

maybee
02-04-2015, 09:00 AM
Always thought that Cloud didn't really end up with anybody, though completely understood that Tifa has a longing crush on him. They fought over the most stupid things, and the sleep in different beds. It doesn't spell out love to me sorry.

Cloud wanted to spend more time with his motorbike than with Tifa. A bit of hint that he's not really not that interested, and only sees her as a childhood friend.

I think he understands that his old self strongly loved Tifa, before everything went wrong, but he can't get those feelings back, all he can feel is just pain and trauma.

Cloud and Tifa are more like close friends than anything else, that tried to have a relationship, but failed.

Loony BoB
02-04-2015, 10:57 AM
People can be in a solid relationship while still having life issues. Cloud has so many issues he doesn't know what to do with them, to be honest, and while I have a strong dislike with what they did with the relationship in AC, that doesn't mean they can't have a solid relationship afterwards now that Cloud is finally moving on from his issues. It's what we see in FFVII itself, though, that shows that Tifa and Cloud have a romantic relationship.

But yeah, I know of a lot of people who go through relationships where they love each other but one person has such massive issues that spending time with one another is not something they're gonna do.

Also, I know of real world relationships where couples don't share beds. In fantasy settings it's even more common for this to happen. I'm not sure I recall any couple sharing a bed in Final Fantasy, now that I think about it... Serah and Snow also have separate beds in Final Fantasy XIII, for example.

EDIT: Just read that in Japan this (two beds) is actually the norm.

Forsaken Lover
02-04-2015, 02:16 PM
I was totally for Cloud x Aerith but that two-timing hussy was cheating on him with Zack in the Lifestream.

Being dead is no excuse, Aeris.

Ayen
02-04-2015, 05:35 PM

Yeah, I was about to say. There's even a scene in the old Sailor Moon anime where Usagi's parents are sleeping in separate beds. And before someone goes "They're not Japanese" they're written by the Japanese for the Japanese, they're going to be influenced by their own home and culture just like any other writer. It's the same reason the Jinx Pokemon is making fun of black face.

Pumpkin
02-04-2015, 10:38 PM
Tifa. They even had the sex didn't they?

Also Aeris is dead and had that whole thing going on with Zack and most importantly I hate her. I'd say I hope she goes and dies but she already did that so there

Mercen-X
02-06-2015, 09:45 PM
Final Fantasy VII "AC." Need I say more?

Carl the Llama
02-06-2015, 09:50 PM
Clearly you fools know nothing of the romance between Mukki and Cloud.

Ayen
02-07-2015, 01:21 AM

Or the restraining order that was immediately issued after their initial encounter.

Carl the Llama
02-07-2015, 01:51 AM

Or the restraining order that was immediately issued after their initial encounter.

http://i.imgur.com/VEEABj4.jpg

Shiny
02-14-2015, 07:08 AM
Both.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE

Well obviously Mukki, but it's unrequited.

No way! Is this the 1950s?

Also Aeris is dead and had that whole thing going on with Zack and most importantly I hate her. I'd say I hope she goes and dies but she already did that so there
:erm:

He likeded it. If I recall he participated in the gay orgy. Some how that was okay, but not having two people who aren't married sleeping in the same bed? Pretty wishy washy message for kids...

blackmage_nuke
02-14-2015, 12:07 PM
Don Corneo is the only one who has explicitly and unambiguously expressed a desire to "tap that"

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 11:21 AM
No way!
http://i.imgur.com/Z0zM4Bn.jpg

Carl the Llama
02-17-2015, 11:32 AM
Tifa. They even had the sex didn't they?

t8RCQDDsMpU