PDA

View Full Version : Gaming Backburner

Shiny
02-02-2015, 09:23 PM
We have the what are playing right now thread, but I'm curious what games are on the back burner.

Currently I want to play the following games...

Console
-Borderlands 2
-Tomb Raider (the Square version)
-Final Fantasy X because I still need to get further in the monster arena damnit!

PC:
-The Cave
-Grim Fandango (remastered) always wanted to play this

chionos
02-02-2015, 09:42 PM
Finishing Red Dead Redemption.
Dead Space 3
FFXIII-2
100% (platinum) all tracks on Trials Evolution
Also, stopped playing FFXHD to finish FFXIII, so I need to get back to Tidus & co.

metagloria
02-02-2015, 10:00 PM
I have wayyyyyy too much gaming I want to do, and it basically boils down to three sets of games, each of which will take me approximately 300 hours to complete:

Final Fantasy X|X-2 HD – haven't played the remasters yet! never experienced the international versions!
Final Fantasy XIII, XIII-2, and LR – haven't played XIII or XIII-2 a second time, and want to experience the full trilogy in order
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 and 2.5 HD Remix – haven't played any KH in a long while and really want to check these improved versions out.

On top of that, I haven't had a PS2 for over a year, and I'm starting to miss my favorite games from that era: FFXII (120 hours), Star Ocean 3 (80-100 hours), Dragon Quest VIII (80 hours), Xenosaga Ep. I-III (120 hours)...

For a married-with-kids-and-a-full-time-job dude, that's just not all going to happen anytime soon. But it's nice, because I'm so content with old games that I don't have to care about getting a PS4 or buying new games very often. I'm more than happy to fire up my PSP and play FFVII for the 18th time! (Ooh, that sounds fun...)

Pike
02-02-2015, 10:11 PM
A lot.

First, all the Steam games in my library for my Let's Play. Next, the latest Pokemon. After that, I've been feeling the itch to replay a lot of FFs. And finally, I want to resub to WoW. Again.

chionos
02-02-2015, 10:52 PM
A lot.

First, all the Steam games in my library for my Let's Play. Next, the latest Pokemon. After that, I've been feeling the itch to replay a lot of FFs. And finally, I want to resub to WoW. Again.

My little cousin spent most of the SuperBowl trying to convince me to play WoW again. It's never going to happen, but I almost felt an itch. Just a tiny one.

Bolivar
02-02-2015, 11:50 PM
Trying to keep a tight backlog.

Playing: The Withcer 2, Far Cry 2, Grey Goo, Oblivion.

Next up: Morrowind/Skyrim, Crysis 2, Civilization: Beyond Earth, Batman Arkham City, Assassin's Creed Brotherhood.

Shorty
02-03-2015, 12:59 AM
GRIM FANDANGO TAKES PRIORITY OVER ALL

Game of Thrones for me ;-;

LocoColt04
02-03-2015, 01:57 AM
Dragon Age: Inquisition keeps getting shifted. I streamed a bunch yesterday, but I still haven't beaten it with any of my characters yet.

It's getting bumped in favor of a Dying Light stream tonight. :3

Karifean
02-03-2015, 02:09 AM
I'll exclude visual novels for a change. The main three I really want to get to are the following:

The Metal Gear Solid series
Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
Persona 3/4

Pete for President
02-03-2015, 06:33 AM
I too shall be looking into Grim Fandango. I remember playing a demo back in the day but with my horrible English I didn't get very far I think.

But to be honest I just want to play Dark Souls and Demon's Souls again.

Shorty
02-03-2015, 07:13 AM
I would highly recommend anyone who enjoys point-and-clicks like the recent Telltale Games to Grim Fandango. Even with the update, it's probably a bit dated still, but it is excellent all the same.

Sephex
02-03-2015, 07:30 AM
How many games are on my backburner?

https://i.imgur.com/G7Rxgh.jpg

Ayen
02-03-2015, 08:38 AM
Breath of Fire III
Dragon Age Origins
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD
Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn
Portal 1 & 2

Just to name a few.

Pike
02-03-2015, 10:48 AM
My little cousin spent most of the SuperBowl trying to convince me to play WoW again. It's never going to happen, but I almost felt an itch. Just a tiny one.

I hadn't played in years but then recently someone gifted me a free month. And it was a lot of fun. So now that the month is over, the itch is back, and I really want to scratch it. I haven't caved yet but I have a feeling that I probably will soon.

Bubba
02-03-2015, 01:28 PM
Games. Lots of games.

Loony BoB
02-03-2015, 01:43 PM
This is like being asked for the names of the people I know.

So many.