PDA

View Full Version : What aspects of this game would you like to see in future games?

Scotty_ffgamer
02-04-2015, 04:16 AM
Is there anything about this game you'd like to see return in future Final Fantasy games, whether it be the battle system, license boards, political plot, moogle design, etc etc?

Pike
02-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I want to see Ivalice moogles and more of Ivalice in other games, for sure.

I just don't want any other parts of this game involved :shifty:

Loony BoB
02-04-2015, 11:44 AM
Yeah, definitely Ivalice. The rest I can make do without for the most part. I like that each FF is different so the gameplay aspects, while I enjoyed them, are not something I'd hope will reappear anytime soon because I prefer to experience something new.

metagloria
02-04-2015, 01:24 PM
Do want: awesome sidequests, monster hunts, gambits, pretty open world, Bubble.

Do not want: "Markwiss".

Forsaken Lover
02-04-2015, 01:44 PM
The orgasm-inducing voice-acting. Just hire back everyone from XII's dub and have them voice actor another game.

Especially the original Gabranth. His FFXII dub voice was, even in a game of great performance, by far the best.

Ayen
02-04-2015, 05:45 PM
I wouldn't mind the Gambit system making a return.

Karifean
02-04-2015, 10:46 PM
The Loot system, and if there is grinding for items, the Chain system. I like the loot system with the Bazaar Goods a lot, and the chain system made farming for materials so much more fun.

The Trial Mode is pretty great too and could fit into other games. Would be nice if it were a bit better implemented, though.

The free-but-permanent-choice job system from IZJS worked quite well.

The rare games.

The gambit system, if a title's gameplay is ever similar enough to XII's to benefit from it. With a bit of polish, it would really be a great system.

A million other things, too, but I can't think of them off the top of my head.

Pumpkin
02-05-2015, 09:14 PM
License board!!

Bolivar
02-11-2015, 10:52 PM
Cities populated with tons of NPCs everywhere, even if you can't talk to every one of them. It made the cities feel like actual cities.

I also liked the game's approach to open world design. Even if it wasn't seamless, it allowed for such a broad spectrum of distinct locations. I was always amazed on my second, third, and fourth playthrough how much of the game world I had never seen before.

But most of all the gameplay. For the JRPG genre struggling to adapt to the High Definition era, this is how you make real time combat that the player can actually control. I couldn't get over how terrible the party AI in FFXIII could be and wish they would just let me set presets like XII's gambits. When I play Bioware games with similar systems, I can't help but focus on how poorly balanced they are in comparison. Hiroyuki Ito is absolutely one of the most brilliant game designers in the industry and it's pathetic how many years have gone by without him working on a AAA console RPG.

Loony BoB
02-12-2015, 04:47 PM
Forgot to say in my earlier post: The composer.

JudgeBr
02-15-2015, 01:33 AM
gambit is cool, but license board is too general, at low level it can be bias, but at the higher level it will be equal. I wish it could be more like FFX's should open some keys to cross to another character's board.

Colonel Angus
02-15-2015, 01:38 AM
Ev.er.y.THING

Cactoids
Mandragorias
License Board
Characters
Races
World
Marks
Hunts

Alonzo_
02-25-2015, 08:43 PM
Ev.er.y.THING

Cactoids
Mandragorias
License Board
Characters
Races
World
Marks
Hunts

Characters really? I thought they were the weakest point of the game by far
They hardly have any personality, only thing I disliked about the game

CimminyCricket
02-26-2015, 12:58 AM
I'd totally love to hear that level of voice acting again. It really didn't feel like some super obnoxious voice acting that you'd hear in a bad anime or something. I know the games are made in Japan and that's the main audience, but I'm not really into the kind of dialogue or voice acting that comes from that.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-26-2015, 01:05 AM
I can agree that this game's voice acting was phenomenal.

CimminyCricket
02-26-2015, 01:07 AM
XIII's voice acting is one of the reasons I stopped playing before I beat the game. :C

Egami
02-26-2015, 02:00 AM
Yes, the voice acting in XII was quite a step up from X. As far as XIII goes, I'd say the voice acting is the least of it's problems.

Bolivar
02-26-2015, 02:59 AM
They chose really great actors and the English direction was amazing. I saw Smith & Reeder do a panel about localization and one of the sections they talked about how they cut the video during cutscenes to accommodate the different length of the English voice tracks. They've been at a lot of PAXes, I recommend any fan of XII checking them out.

Quindiana Jones
03-04-2015, 08:50 AM
More Ivalice, more political intriguey themes but better paced, more massive open world that can suddenly screw you over because holy crap! dragon, dem Moogles, more incredible voice acting, some form of the Gambit system, story-gameplay symbiosis but with a slightly better license board (e.g. Sphere Grid style), side quests, Hunts, and Balthier.

That's everything off the top of my head.

LuvFF
03-11-2015, 06:01 PM
I love Balthier...mmmm!!! :D Sorry, I digress. The voices were great, and I loved all the sidequests. I agree with all the liked items already posted.

This FF is the one I've replayed the most...I can't make myself finish it...silly, I know, but I never want it to end. I'd rather start over and repeat all the quests again, find all the marks, etc. Maybe I'll finish it this year, since I can't afford a PS4 AND build the gaming PC I'm building. Finishing XII may be my consolation for missing the debuts of the next 2 new FF games. :cool:

LunarWeaver
04-22-2015, 08:23 PM
Balthier's voice actor.