PDA

View Full Version : If they made a Fighting Game based in the FF7 world...

Mercen-X
02-04-2015, 09:11 AM
I would probably buy it.

Here are things I would hope to see:

Characters from the compilation
Tag teams and combination attacks (based on LIMIT Breaks for most)
"Joke" characters like Dio and Big Bro
Event battles (fighting bosses like Guard Scorpion and summons)
Weird environments like underwater near Emerald Weapon
And, of course, the obligatory alternate outfits (including the Junon Boat and Wall Market events)
Also, Nanaki would absolutely be a participant even if he can only "be fought"

If Zangan were made a character, I would expect he would have the same move set as Tifa. I think that Dyne should be given Barret's moveset (with Molotov Cocktail as a "LIMIT Break" while Barret would keep Catastrophe). Oh, and we have to see Yuffie dressed as a Tonberry again.

Sephex
02-04-2015, 09:25 AM
They sort of did...

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Ehrgeiz:_God_Bless_the_Ring

It wasn't half bad for the time.

Forsaken Lover
02-04-2015, 02:19 PM
I want to play as Kadaj or Shelke.

Ayen
02-04-2015, 05:30 PM
They sort of did...

That game was a classic. It helps that they still knew how to make games back then.

Sephex
02-05-2015, 02:51 AM
They sort of did...

That game was a classic. It helps that they still knew how to make games back then.

Yeah, I saw the arcade version in a very bootleg movie theater all those years ago (it literally had 2 or 3 small screens). I was waiting around in the lobby because I got there early. I glanced over at the demo screen and was like, "WTF is that Cloud?!"

A few months later I saw the PS version and snagged it. It's apparently sort of rare now, so I am glad I got a copy! I haven't touched it in ages, but it was a very fun and unique game. All the extra stuff with the PS version was pretty ambitious and expansive for the time.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-06-2015, 02:11 AM
Ehrgeiz is great, but I would give anything for a fighting game in which I can use Mukki.

CimminyCricket
02-06-2015, 02:54 AM
I wish they'd put Ehrgeiz on the PSN. :(

Mercen-X
02-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Yes, Ehrgeiz is a "good" game. However, that wasn't set in a Final Fantasy world. The existence of FF7 characters and "materia" are coincidences. What's more, I never really felt the FF characters were properly depicted. Making a fighting game and tossing in a couple of cameos is not fulfilling. Frankly, it's sad that they needed to add those characters just to garner interest in the game, but it just goes to show, people will buy stuff with Final Fantasy characters in it even if the product doesn't say Final Fantasy.
Fighting at the "entrance to Gold Saucer" isn't as satisfying as going a few rounds in the Battle Arena or the graveyard. I also wish that Vincent had been like Jo, having access to at least of his transformations. But that's the beauty of making a game devoted to the title. You don't have to place any restrictions.

My take (reiterating):
Each of the initial six should have access to a Shinra MP (Cloud, Tifa, Aerith, Red XIII) or sailor outfit (Barret and Yuffie). Naturally, VV would have his Turks look alt. Cait Sith could swap out for a moomba, pupu, cactuar, or mog (mog on mog) or swap the mog for a chocobo. Of course, all should have access to their AC looks. Maybe Vincent's tranformations could be alt outfits (I know, lame) and Grimoire could be a "palette swap", Red XIII could look more like Seto.

I want to be able to play as Kadaj, Yazoo, Genesis, Cissnei, Weiss, and Shelke.

How about fighting aboard the Highwind? In the Ancient Forest, the Altar, inside Mount Gaia, Chocobo Ranch, the Junon Cannon, Costa Del Sol?