Mirage
02-05-2015, 01:53 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc_9r4wifFc

Egami
02-05-2015, 02:41 PM
Damn that looks really nice. Want.

Slothy
02-05-2015, 03:01 PM
Must say I'm digging the art style a lot.

Mirage
02-05-2015, 03:07 PM
I am too. It looks like it will be a great game.

Also notice the imprisoned Thanatos.

Agent Proto
02-05-2015, 05:23 PM
I am excited that I get to play as Tuxedo Mask in this game.

Shauna
02-05-2015, 05:55 PM
:excited:

Looks pretty cool.

Skyblade
02-05-2015, 06:28 PM
I am too. It looks like it will be a great game.

Also notice the imprisoned Thanatos.

The trailer's primary art style is heavily influenced by the Persona 3 opening as well.

Plus, right at the end of the trailer, you can hear an Evoker.

Mirage
02-05-2015, 08:38 PM
That sounded like the standard persona summon sound to me.

Leigh
02-05-2015, 10:48 PM
I am excited that I get to play as Tuxedo Mask in this game.

Hahaha!

This x1000000!

Scotty_ffgamer
02-05-2015, 11:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=e-BC2jySmCc#t=130 I just like imagining someone finding a way to turn this part into a "walking animation" for the game. It just makes me laugh a bit.

Vyk
02-06-2015, 04:26 AM
Wow, quite a huge divergence in gameplay from previous entries, but I'm not put off by it at all. And you can definitely tell they took their Catherine art style and ran with it in certain places. Hell that one glimpse of a bar scene even looks like the same bar. The menus are beautiful, and the weird super hero/masked crusader thing looks interesting. I'm hyped

Jessweeee♪
02-06-2015, 05:55 AM
Hmm so it looks like there's gonna be some stealthiness involved? They look like fashionable bank robbers and I love it.

And you can definitely tell they took their Catherine art style and ran with it in certain places.

I was really really hoping this would happen ever since I played Catherine c:

Fynn
02-06-2015, 07:37 AM
:omgomg:

fat_moogle
02-06-2015, 08:47 AM
This game looks like so much fun. If I've completed P3P (currently playing) and P4G by the time this releases I will definitely pick it up.

Mirage
02-06-2015, 10:35 AM
It looks like it is made in the same graphics engine as Catherine, for sure.

fat_moogle
02-06-2015, 11:17 AM
I wonder if there will be much noticeable difference between the PS3 and 4 versions?

Mirage
02-06-2015, 11:43 AM
I don't.

I doubt the PS4 version will have anything more other than a higher resolution, framerate and antialiasing.

Vyk
02-06-2015, 08:58 PM
Yeah it doesn't look like it requires a lot of horsepower. So they'll probably be pretty similar. Though I'm still adjusting to games being over 60fps on PS4, it looks the same, but in some surreal fashion. I've played Saints Row 4 on both, and they're basically the same outside of that surreal refresh rate factor, and I doubt P5 would require much more horsepower than Saints Row

NeoCracker
02-06-2015, 09:45 PM
ITs not that I needed this trailer to hype me, but were I not already hyped I would be now.

Mirage
02-06-2015, 10:42 PM
How are your games being over 60fps when the HDMI standard doesn't do more than 60fps except for 3D material?

besides, 60fps isn't exactly new, it's just not too common in certain games. Practically all fighting games run at constant 60fps, for example. Most PC gamers ensure that their games run at 60fps, especially if it is an FPS game. Bayonetta aimed for 60fps on consoles even if it didn't manage to stay there consistently.

Vyk
02-06-2015, 11:26 PM
I don't know if I'm just not used to 60fps, or if there's some combination with my tv's refresh rate or what. But it just looks surreal. And I figured I'd probably seen 60fps before. So I kinda just presumed it was maybe going over that made it surreal. I'm not positive what it is. Probably more refresh rate than anything. Or I'm seriously just not used to 60fps. But whatever. It looks surreal to me for whatever reason. And I kinda love that. I'm sad the novelty will eventually wear off from whatever it actually is

Mirage
02-06-2015, 11:34 PM
the only thing i think could make it surreal was if you have a super fancy TV that interpolates frames to make an even higher pretend-framerate. I've never thought 60fps felt surreal, instead i've always felt like 30fps was sluggish

Vyk
02-06-2015, 11:39 PM
Well my girlfriend's dad has a 3D TV and that looks even weirder to me. Things look too slow and too fast at the same time, and my brain has trouble figuring out how they end up syncing up at all. Maybe its not the tech and more how my brain translates those things. Like those people who got sick watching The Hobbit at 48fps in the theater while other people thought it didn't look any different than any normal movie. I don't really have enough exposure to high tech to experiment much and figure out what it is lol Just that a bunch of games on the PS4 look weird to me for some reason. Might also be more games in higher resolution as most of last gen was 720p. I have no idea. Just an anecdote I guess lol

Mirage
02-06-2015, 11:47 PM
sounds crazy to me :p

i've heard about people finding the 48fps hobbit weird, but that's probably just because they're used to videos being slow with lots of motion blur to hide the fact that they are slow

Jessweeee♪
02-07-2015, 12:11 AM
so is everyone gonna be batman?

fat_moogle
02-07-2015, 01:18 AM
I really need to get back to playing P3P. I was playing it every night, but then I just stopped. A combination of dodgy work shifts didn't help, and I find the longer you stop playing a game, the harder it is to pick it back up and play. Even more so now that I've seen the Persona 5 trailer. I mean it looks so much better! And with Final Fantasy Type-0 HD and the XV demo coming out next month I'm not sure I'll have the time for it.

Oh?

What's that?

I've got a week off work?

Then I guess I'll have time to get back in to it after all :)

Mirage
02-07-2015, 02:33 PM
but P3P is perfect for strange shifts, just play in all your breaks

NeoCracker
02-10-2015, 08:27 PM
I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm4BjRYrsoo&feature=youtu.be

fat_moogle
02-11-2015, 10:33 AM
I'm just going to leave this here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nm4BjRYrsoo&feature=youtu.be
Haha, that's pretty good and not what I was expecting. I was just expecting someone to talk about the game.

Skyblade
02-28-2015, 02:39 AM
I don't usually watch their videos, but IGN has done a pretty good analysis of the trailer, although they did miss a few aspects. There is a lot of details in the trailer.

90nXPhwu5sk

Jessweeee♪
02-28-2015, 04:23 AM
Are they fighting Sandman and Pyro Jack in that one bit? That would be interesting.

Scotty_ffgamer
02-28-2015, 05:16 AM
The more I watch that trailer, the more intrigued I am by how this game will turn out. I want it now.

Yellow_Magic
02-28-2015, 01:32 PM
The beginning of the track in the trailer sounds a lot like Yellow Magic Orchestra's live performance of Thousand Knives (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ac7cXfDWRr4)...Not that I'm complaining - if there's any one band a musician should be inspired by, it's YMO.

Also HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE. I don't think I've ever been this HYPED by a freaking MENU SCREEN.

Skyblade
02-28-2015, 03:18 PM
Also HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE HYPE. I don't think I've ever been this HYPED by a freaking MENU SCREEN.

But Sakurai tried so hard to hype people with all the menu pics (https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAAYUKltn8cGuA) from Super Smash Bros.

I agree. The menus are fantastic. Incredibly stylized, but with so much information.

I hope like heck we get this game this year.

Also, I totally missed the cat transforming. I'd only noticed the battle form when I watched. I wonder how that works out, especially if, as suspected, that trailer was of the first day. The characters just know this cat that can transform and wield a sword at will?

Skyblade
03-03-2015, 05:42 AM
Sorry for the double post, but I found another excellent trailer analysis. It caught a few details I'd missed, and attempts to take a much closer look at the themes and psychology of the games.

3MQT2_So3ps

So much detail in one little trailer.

Wolf Kanno
05-16-2015, 09:57 PM
Not going to lie. I found the trailer damn impressive and I liked how we are already seeing some changes to the Persona formula as well as how much Catherine's design was implemented.

The staff was worried it gave off too much of a Lupin III vibe, but frankly I feel that is what makes it so exciting.

Vyk
05-17-2015, 09:12 PM
I never watched Lupin, but I liked the style from what I saw. And updating the style doesn't hurt. Hell Cowboy Bebop was almost in that vein artistically, and that was awesome. So I can't wait to see what they do with it