02-05-2015, 10:03 PM
RIP FFX-2

Shauna
02-05-2015, 10:06 PM
They are both pretty good.

I know where my loyalties lie though.

Galuf
02-05-2015, 10:25 PM
this is like asking me to choose orange juice or Coke. the obvious choice is orange juice.

FF IX!!

Ayen
02-05-2015, 10:25 PM
FFIX. Not even close for me.

escobert
02-05-2015, 10:26 PM
IX.

Pumpkin
02-05-2015, 10:26 PM
I love both of them but I'm going to have to give it to IX

The Man
02-05-2015, 10:28 PM
FFIX. Not even close for me.

Madame Adequate
02-05-2015, 10:35 PM
i like the one thats good and fun

Galuf
02-05-2015, 10:37 PM
how is this even close?

just cos FF IX doesnt have a scene where 3 naked girls are in a hot spring humph!

Dat Matt
02-05-2015, 10:41 PM
Instead you get this

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/082/9/6/ooh_soft_by_baka_kiiro-d3ca4b1.jpg

Shauna
02-05-2015, 10:43 PM
FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

Ayen
02-05-2015, 11:00 PM
FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

Were you dropped on your head as a child?

Depression Moon
02-05-2015, 11:02 PM
Instead you get this

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs71/PRE/i/2011/082/9/6/ooh_soft_by_baka_kiiro-d3ca4b1.jpg

Who's the artist behind this work?

As for the poll you can't compare the two because it's not even fair. It goes to IX.

Shauna
02-05-2015, 11:10 PM
FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

I was actually.

Doesn't make FFX-2 any less amazing.

Ayen
02-05-2015, 11:12 PM
FFX-2 is a masterpiece.

I was actually.

Doesn't make FFX-2 any less amazing.

Me too. The first time was just an accident, but I have my suspicions about the second. What were we talking about again?

Dat Matt
02-05-2015, 11:18 PM
Who's the artist behind this work?

Reverse image search says this dude

http://rueme.deviantart.com/art/Ooh-Soft-202026061

WildRaubtier
02-06-2015, 12:14 AM
that image is dumb because it pretends that that was an accident

it wasnt

metagloria
02-06-2015, 02:15 AM
X-2, not even close. Faster, deeper, more fun gameplay. About the only thing I could say IX did better than X-2 is...hmm. I was about to say story, but honestly...I dunno.

X-2 is awesome.

VeloZer0
02-06-2015, 06:43 AM
I'm amazed at how close this is.

Tyson
02-06-2015, 07:56 AM
I voted for X-2. Despite the J-Popness it still took place in a world I liked, with characters I cared about.

IX never appealed to me, I've always preferred the more modern aesthetics of VII and VIII.

I am surprised how close this is tho! Thought IX would have ran away with it, I know alot of people who consider IX the best in the series.

radicaledward124
02-06-2015, 08:42 AM
I voted X-2. I enjoyed the game and I loved the world, but i am really surprised to see it winning over IX so many love that title in the series. Either way they are both great games!

fat_moogle
02-06-2015, 08:52 AM
Final Fantasy IX. It's my favourite Final Fantasy game!

I was expecting the poll to be way ahead for IX, but X-2 is in the lead by one...

Galuf
02-06-2015, 09:03 AM
i....i...i dont think im on the same planet i was before :/

Tyson
02-06-2015, 10:03 AM
i....i...i dont think im on the same planet i was before :/

Know how you feel, I can't believe VIII was knocked out so early, and to VI of all games. Haters!

Pike
02-06-2015, 11:23 AM
I had a dream last night that IX lost and we all saw shion's Pumpkin's darker side

I'm not even making this up

Ayen
02-06-2015, 11:28 AM
I had a dream last night that IX lost and we all saw shion's Pumpkin's darker side

You've doomed us all.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 11:33 AM
i dont think it will just be Pumkins dark side. i think all of FF IX fans will go rage mode.

time for some desperate action.

Everyone who votes IX gets Cookies and Cake!!.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 11:37 AM
i dont think it will just be Pumkins dark side. i think all of FF IX fans will go rage mode.

Nah, man. Pumpkin is one of the nicest members on the forums, her rage will know no bounds. All of EoFF will learn to fear the Great Pumpkin.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 11:40 AM

All of EoFF will learn to fear the Great Pumpkin.

and then Vote IX next Year :D

Shauna
02-06-2015, 11:41 AM
The real trouble is though, is that if FFX-2 wins... it'll be X-2 vs X! What would I even vote?!

Egami
02-06-2015, 11:43 AM
The real trouble is though, is that if FFX-2 wins... it'll be X-2 vs X! What would I even vote?!

Well, X would need to win against VI first, but it sure would be funny if it turns out that way :)

Shauna
02-06-2015, 11:45 AM
Oh I forgot about that round. xD

Pike
02-06-2015, 12:09 PM
Oh wow, I am eagerly anticipating X vs. VI and the butthurt that will surely result from both sides.

I'm voting X

Galuf
02-06-2015, 12:13 PM
well i better complete this game before that round so i can give a fair vote. i hope

Ayen
02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
I'm going to laugh if this tournament ends with Tactics Advance versus X-2.

Pike
02-06-2015, 12:17 PM
I'm going to laugh if this tournament ends with Tactics Advance versus X-2.

That would be fantastic because those are two of the best games in the entire series.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 12:24 PM
A cash grab that Square Enix made and cut corners on to make back the money they sunk into The Spirit Within?

If you say so.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 12:38 PM
whoever just voted there gets a year supply of both cookies and cake. also one of whatever else they want

Shauna
02-06-2015, 01:09 PM
A cash grab that Square Enix made and cut corners on to make back the money they sunk into The Spirit Within?

If you say so.

Implying that every game ever is not just a cash grab.

Shiva95
02-06-2015, 01:34 PM
FFIX for sure.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 01:36 PM
FFIX for sure.

YES! you just broke the tie Shiva. and i thought all hope was lost

Ayen
02-06-2015, 01:41 PM

If you say so.

X-2 never would have been made if The Spirit Within was successful. A lot of the older games were made with heart and did better than expected because of the work that went into them. I like X-2, but I don't see the same passion that were put in the older games, even the original X.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 01:46 PM
i spoke too soon :ohdear:

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 01:52 PM
Voted X-2 out of spite. :smug:

Slothy
02-06-2015, 02:27 PM

Most games are made to make money but it's not the only goal the creators have. FFX-2 was only made to make money. Aside from a pretty decent battle system it had no redeeming qualities really. It was just made so they could reuse the assets they made for FFX and pump out a game they knew would sell a few million copies with the least amount of effort they could put into it.

It's the literal definition of a cash grab.

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 02:32 PM
Excellent battle system aside, I think FFX-2 also doesn't get a lot of praise - and it should - for its non-linear and more choice-based quests and story options. My particular favourite is where you have to figure out who ruined the Mi'hen Highroad shop and Rin has you investigating, and there's a whole bunch of different outcomes depending on what evidence you choose to submit.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 02:36 PM
FFX-2 also doesn't get a lot of praise

Well this poll seems to say otherwise.

im begining to think people are just symapthizing with X-2

please sympathise with IX:shobon:

Egami
02-06-2015, 02:49 PM
It's the literal definition of a cash grab.

X-2 is indeed but on the other hand IX played it very safe and in a sense it feels as if Square was just trying to cater to the nostalgia of fans of the series. Personally I don't think it worked and instead they ended up with a game that lacked it's own unique identity and voice, which made it all rather forgettable in turn.

Pike
02-06-2015, 02:50 PM

If you say so.

You seem to be implying that I care about the reasons for why a game was made.

I don't care, so long as it is fun.

And frankly anyone who does care is being astoundingly silly.

Freya
02-06-2015, 02:52 PM
What is going on with you people around here?! This is not how this works. This isn't how anything works!

Galuf
02-06-2015, 02:53 PM
Freya returns: Final Fantasy IX

Madame Adequate
02-06-2015, 02:55 PM
Oh no, a game was made in order to make money, heavens to betsy all is lost! :ohdear:

Forsaken Lover
02-06-2015, 02:57 PM
xqlKZuqFf40

I think my loyalties are clear.

Voted for X-2.

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 03:00 PM
So how many Coca-Cola adverts did FFX-2 appear in? Just wondering...

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:05 PM

If you say so.

You seem to be implying that I care about the reasons for why a game was made.

I don't care, so long as it is fun.

And frankly anyone who does care is being astoundingly silly.

No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.

Oh no, a game was made in order to make money, heavens to betsy all is lost! :ohdear:

And you missed the point entirely.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
why cant we all just play our " Cash grabs" and Shut up.

Pike
02-06-2015, 03:10 PM
No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.

You don't seem to be understanding my point, but...

This could be Birdemic vs. Citizen Kane and I'd vote for Birdemic. This could be Ocarina of Time vs. Angry Birds and I'd vote for Angry Birds.

I'm not going to sit here and nail a NO FUN ALLOWED sign into the floor. I play games for fun. Period.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:16 PM

This could be Birdemic vs. Citizen Kane and I'd vote for Birdemic. This could be Ocarina of Time vs. Angry Birds and I'd vote for Angry Birds.

I'm not going to sit here and nail a NO FUN ALLOWED sign into the floor. I play games for fun. Period.

Fair enough. I expected more when the word best was used, but I don't have any problems with your reasoning.

Pike
02-06-2015, 03:18 PM
Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"

Galuf
02-06-2015, 03:21 PM
is...is it over??
:hungover:

metagloria
02-06-2015, 03:22 PM
X-2 is a more fun game than IX.

X-2 is also a better game than IX.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Of course, I have no problem with other people voting based on whatever they criteria they want to vote by. But I feel like too many people are getting really wound up about making this into a "Best" thing rather than looking at the poll question, which is, word-for-word, "Which do you prefer?"

I wasn't referring to the poll, I was specifically responding to your "one of the best in the series" remark you made two pages ago.

Pike
02-06-2015, 03:23 PM

I wasn't referring to the poll, I was specifically responding to your "one of the best in the series" remark you made two pages ago.

And I wasn't referring to you :p

Galuf
02-06-2015, 03:25 PM
X-2 is a more fun game than IX.

X-2 is also a better game than IX.
God dammit you had to ruin everything.

X-2 may be more fun

but i doubt it is better. in that logic FF1 is better than FF7

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM

And I wasn't referring to you :p

I felt the need to clarify my position just in case.

in that logic FF1 is better than FF7

I'm starting to come around to this way of thinking.

Slothy
02-06-2015, 03:27 PM

But the only part of the game that was fun was the battle system. The rest was either mind numbingly boring or stupid. Which was a real shame because while I don't think FFX is one of the best games in the series, I think it had more potential for an interesting sequel than most if not all games in the series if only because the fundamental way of life of everyone in Spira would have had to change so drastically. But they never do anything interesting with it.

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 03:28 PM
No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.You've not actually given a reason as to what, critically, is wrong with Final Fantasy X-2.

So while you do that, let me tell you what's right with it. Final Fantasy X-2 has arguably the best overall gameplay of any Final Fantasy game. It definitely has better gameplay than FFIX. Better combat, better ability system, better open ended exploration and quest resolution, better environmental and dungeon design and better minigames. (Though it's a close call on that one!)

The only places I can see IX triumphing is better music and story/characters. Mayyyyyyybe better art direction. But then X-2 has better graphics so eh.

Pike
02-06-2015, 03:30 PM
The rest was either mind numbingly boring or stupid.

But the only part of the game that was fun was the battle system.

Really the most important part though, IMO. I realize I'm probably a minority in the forum but I don't play FF for story or characters. So I feel as though I can't really be blamed for preferring a game based largely on its battle system.

Loony BoB
02-06-2015, 03:34 PM
More than anything, I just love that there are so many fans of all the different games in the series.

Freya
02-06-2015, 03:35 PM
I find IX's game more engaging. X-2 was kinda... well a little all over the place. The gameplay was great though.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:36 PM
No, I'm saying I don't understand how X-2 can be one of the best games in the series in spite of the things I, and Vivi listed.You've not actually given a reason as to what, critically, is wrong with Final Fantasy X-2.

So while you do that, let me tell you what's right with it. Final Fantasy X-2 has arguably the best overall gameplay of any Final Fantasy game. It definitely has better gameplay than FFIX. Better combat, better ability system, better open ended exploration and quest resolution, better environmental and dungeon design and better minigames. (Though it's a close call on that one!)

The only places I can see IX triumphing is better music and story/characters. Mayyyyyyybe better art direction. But then X-2 has better graphics so eh.

A lot of it has to do with story and characters that makes it pale in comparison to the other entries. It also feels more like a parody of Charlie Angels than a true sequel to Final Fantasy X. The women are dressed more skimpy and I can't determine who this game is catered to. Girls? Horny teenage boys? Fans of the sequel? All of the above? You go through the trouble of finding several different sphere grids and most of them are worthless, and making it nearly impossible to get a 100% because of all the ridiculous things you have to do (like talk to a certain guy before another guy) all to get an ending with a character a lot of people didn't care about in the first game wasn't the best objective for this one. I felt it cheapened the ending of the original game in all honesty.

The love story in this one is a lot better than in the first game, I'll give it that.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 03:39 PM
good things bout IX: :quina: :quina: :quina:

good things bout X-2: its pretty fun and coulorful.

Bad things bout ix: Dat battle system oh god.

Bad things about X-2: Dont like sidequests then you might not like this. also weird crazy person is commander of airship.

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 03:40 PM

There are very few games I would be okay with IX losing to

X-2 is one of them

Ayen
02-06-2015, 03:43 PM

I thought the battle system was good. It was a more traditional battle system so I get why some people wouldn't have liked it. The only issue I had was with how random the trance system was. It always triggered at the most inconvenient of times.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 03:44 PM

I thought the battle system was good. It was a more traditional battle system so I get why some people wouldn't have liked it. The only issue I had was with how random the trance system was. It always triggered at the most inconvenient of times.

yeah i meant the trance and the speed. also it takes forever for the people to attack once youve programmed an attack in

Shauna
02-06-2015, 03:54 PM
This is EoFF Ranks the Final Fantasy games. It's not EoFF finds the most objectively correct way to define which of the FF games is the best.

You are given two options.

You pick your favourite of the two, regardless of what criteria you used to come to that conclusion.

????

Profit

In the end, we will find which of the games are more popular than the others on EoFF. Not a definitive list of the best.

Forsaken Lover
02-06-2015, 04:03 PM
Brother is one of the reasons to vote for X-2.
http://i.imgur.com/0VbI3Md.gif

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 04:10 PM
sharky told me IX would win no contest

I said X-2 stood a very good chance

I WAS RIGHT

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140715233741/survivor-org/images/5/5b/53239-elaine-dancing-gif-nvq1.gif

Forsaken Lover
02-06-2015, 04:15 PM
EOFF is Crazy Backwards Land.

Although I don't think this is quite as shocking as FFVI vs. FFVIII being close. IX and X-2, along with V, belong to that "We didn't use to care about it or like it but man it's awesome when we look back at it" club. IX used to get a ton of crap, and X-2 got even more than that, but with age comes appreciation.

Much like how people have realized Metal Gear Solid 2 is a masterpiece, they have also realized these are two very good games.

Loony BoB
02-06-2015, 04:25 PM
VIII wasn't a surprise for me and neither is this. I've been around EoFF long enough to know that these games are really popular, and I dare say VIII would put up a good fight with X as the second most popular FF of all time - both ahead of FFVI. As an insight, after finishing the FFVII: Moments project, I've had significantly more demand for an FFVIII art project than IX and X, and VI? Close to no interest.

metagloria
02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Thish poll ish shurprishing, yesh?

Galuf
02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
VIII wasn't a surprise for me and neither is this. I've been around EoFF long enough to know that these games are really popular, and I dare say VIII would put up a good fight with X as the second most popular FF of all time - both ahead of FFVI. As an insight, after finishing the FFVII: Moments project, I've had significantly more demand for an FFVIII art project than IX and X, and VI? Close to no interest.

can you do a FF IX story in Art :3

Loony BoB
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
There was a bit of interest for that, but when dealing with art projects, you go by popularity amongst the artists rather than demand of the audience. They'll decide for me.

metagloria
02-06-2015, 04:35 PM
Changed my avatar and sig in support of this awesome game. And also Hypellos.

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Hypellos are p. cool

Galuf
02-06-2015, 04:46 PM
thats it we should all change our sig an avatar for the duration of this poll. for the game we support !!!:lol:

sharkythesharkdogg
02-06-2015, 04:50 PM
I chose to ride ze shoopuff a second time. It was waaay better than the first time.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/5/52/Ffx2_front.jpg

Dat Matt
02-06-2015, 06:11 PM
Nearly a day in and FFX-2 is in the lead.

http://new2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/My+excuse+my+legs+hurt+_d8d380292cdde783becf531dab834239.gif

Galuf
02-06-2015, 06:12 PM
What is this im seeing?? X-2 with 19 and IX with 17?? i think i can see massive tornados and Earthquakes outside. ah yes because THE WORLD IS ENDING!!

Freya
02-06-2015, 06:31 PM
I don't even know what's going on anymore.

http://mrwgifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Loki-Is-Devastated-Crying-In-Thor-Gif.gif

wizzyboo
02-06-2015, 06:48 PM
ffix by far because the mighty wizzyboo​ is in it :lol:

GokuMan
02-06-2015, 07:07 PM
ffix is da best cause quina eats frogs

Rabbits on the Run
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
I voted FFX-2 because I honestly feel it's a better game than 9. The job system was awesome and addictive, the storyline was light and funny, the perfect counterpoint to it's predecessor. 9 had the weapon system which I hated, and couldn't seem to make up it's mind whether it wanted to be funny or sweet or sad, and tried to juggle too much, but still had a deeper story.

So in short FFX-2 because I like the game system better.

Freya
02-06-2015, 07:43 PM
21 of you are amazing. the other 21..... How are we friends?

sharkythesharkdogg
02-06-2015, 07:47 PM
We're friends, and you like it. :colbert:

YRP, in position. :cool:

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 07:48 PM
They should do a IX-2 with Steiner, Zidane, and Vivi forming SZV

Egami
02-06-2015, 07:51 PM

Vivi fumbles and the Gullwings score another for a tie!

https://38.media.tumblr.com/bdf0445b3fed3af0c7f068778752134e/tumblr_nbi3v5ET5k1r1s9ouo1_500.gif

Galuf
02-06-2015, 07:51 PM
They should do a IX-2 with Steiner, Zidane, and Vivi forming SZV

im afriad quina has a reserved spot

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 07:53 PM
Well isn't that interesting, three posters all with the same IP came in and voted FFIX. Me thinks their votes should be disqualified. :greenie:

metagloria
02-06-2015, 07:53 PM
This thread smells like fake accounts.

Shauna
02-06-2015, 07:57 PM
Well isn't that interesting, three posters all with the same IP came in and voted FFIX. Me thinks their votes should be disqualified. :greenie:

:shifty:

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 08:06 PM
I want IX to win but not this way

not this way

metagloria
02-06-2015, 08:09 PM
I vote that the duplicate-IP votes be changed to votes for X-2

But only retroactively, because we don't want spammers coming in and voting for X-2 to boost IX's vote count

Shauna
02-06-2015, 08:10 PM
It's Gruntace and his family - not actually multiple accounts voting.

Psychotic
02-06-2015, 08:11 PM
It's Gruntace and his family - not actually multiple accounts voting.
What a crazy random coincidence, my parents happen to be coming over this weekend and what do you know? They're big FFX-2 fans.

We all know who was really posting from those accounts :p

Shauna
02-06-2015, 08:14 PM
:shifty:

He insists it's not the case!

I have already asked him about it, because I found it mighty amusing that he was unhappy that FF9 was losing then mysteriously his brother and nephew show up to vote.

EDIT: ALTHOUGH, now that FFX-2 is losing... my opinion might be changing...

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 08:18 PM
My mom doesn't like X-2. She does like IX but she insists she doesn't. She swears she likes VII

For the record, she thinks IX is the one with the "foul mouthed black man with the gun arm" and "the horrible bubble arms on the characters with no mouths"

She likes VII because it has Sephiroth and Vivi and the graphics are much nicer than "IX" and she likes the part with the big evil tree near where you get Eiko

yep

*Devore*
02-06-2015, 08:19 PM
I just tipped the scales. This is a very close race.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 08:20 PM
wow really :( nobody beleives me anywhere. why would i do that really!? its damn annoying.

Shauna
02-06-2015, 08:31 PM
My Mum sat with me when I was playing video games once.

She told me it was terrible that I was killing unicorns and then left, saying she didn't like it.

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 08:37 PM
Well why were you killing unicorns Shauna

Shauna
02-06-2015, 08:44 PM
Because they were made of the fires of hell.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 08:46 PM
Your tearing me apart EoFF!

horrible movie reference

EDIT: please do not blame these extra votes on me :sigh:

metagloria
02-06-2015, 09:15 PM
Whether Gruntace's family-votes are fake or not is really immaterial...the main point is, those are new users who are not part of EoFF (if they continue to post, I will stand corrected), and as such it's not really EoFF Ranking Final Fantasy any more if we count them.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 09:26 PM
Whether Gruntace's family-votes are fake or not is really immaterial...the main point is, those are new users who are not part of EoFF (if they continue to post, I will stand corrected), and as such it's not really EoFF Ranking Final Fantasy any more if we count them.

wizzyboo has wrote a few stuff

however i thank you for giving some room for correction and not being so solid

Ayen
02-07-2015, 12:44 AM

Too soon, man.

fat_moogle
02-07-2015, 12:47 AM
That's given me an idea ;p

Galuf
02-07-2015, 01:35 AM
well i guess wether you beleive me or not i shouldnt worry. and FFix is winning by 3 votes now so take 2 votes off and we are still ahead for now

Tyson
02-07-2015, 02:10 AM
Should be 1 vote to 1 i.p. Way too easy to abuse otherwise

Pumpkin
02-07-2015, 02:14 AM
Should be 1 vote to 1 i.p. Way too easy to abuse otherwise

That's not fair for the couples here though

Galuf
02-07-2015, 02:16 AM
or the triples :/ but i see you what you mean. just annoying to be ganged up like that

Jessweeee♪
02-07-2015, 08:31 AM
FFX-2 is so great and under-appreciated c:

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 08:58 AM
or the triples :/ but i see you what you mean. just annoying to be ganged up like that

Executive input time~

I made a desiscion which I will reveal after voting has closed. I wouldn't stress out about it though. I know you haven't made additional accounts for the sole purpose of voting. Everyone else should also stop joking about getting mum and dad in to vote as your terrorizing the poor boy.

For now, we should get back to debating how nervous those Final Fantasy IX fans are that X-2 may knock them off the "best gaem evar" spot.

PS - this is the most votes that EoFF Rank's has received.

fat_moogle
02-07-2015, 10:06 AM
How much longer is this poll open for?!

CLOSE IT NOW! NOW!

Ayen
02-07-2015, 10:08 AM
How much longer is this poll open for?!

CLOSE IT NOW! NOW!

It's open for another twelve hours.

Night Fury
02-07-2015, 10:34 AM
X-2 every day of the week.

Galuf
02-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Cant wait till the Rest of Tantalus gets here ^^;

Ayen
02-07-2015, 10:49 AM
If you thought FFIX was going to win by a landslide...

http://i.imgur.com/kENK0oe.png

Formalhaut
02-07-2015, 02:31 PM
I've just voted: with a gap of three, I think FFIX will just about win the day.

Madame Adequate
02-07-2015, 04:42 PM
It really is great to see so many people enthusiastic about so many different entries in the series, even if I have different tastes!

maybee
02-07-2015, 05:03 PM
tbh if Final Fantasy 9 loses, I will have a mental breakdown.

escobert
02-07-2015, 05:09 PM
wth Did the rounds get longer for round 3? This entire competition is rigged anyways.

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 05:42 PM
I mentioned that round three will be 2 days long.

If the comeption was rigged, crisis core would have won :doublecolbert:

Carl the Llama
02-07-2015, 05:43 PM
wth Did the rounds get longer for round 3? This entire competition is rigged anyways.

Its been 2 days for voting since the start of round three lol, Dat Matt did say :p

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 05:58 PM
https://33.media.tumblr.com/066c94b1f686246d979945e349643f4b/tumblr_n9lh3rDw3V1teh8woo2_500.gif

4 Hours left.

2 votes separate the votes.

HOW WILL THIS TURN OUT!

wizzyboo
02-07-2015, 07:20 PM
yes the mighty wizzyboo is in the lead :lol:

Carl the Llama
02-07-2015, 10:52 PM
I made a desiscion which I will reveal after voting has closed.

Well!!! Whats your decision?

Galuf
02-07-2015, 10:55 PM
:lol:yeah! tis been an hour after the specified time your not llowed to go off it.

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 11:04 PM
Got caught up watching a movie. The three main Parties in question were Gruntface, Goku and wizzyboo as they have all been registered with the same IP. The verdict on these three accounts are as follows:

- He is an active member of the forums, so his vote is counted
- His only contribution to the forum to date is to vote in this thread. His entry is disqaulified
- Despite his low post count, he has made contributions to the forum outside of this poll. Therefore his vote is counted

Final Fantasy X-2 = 26 Votes
Final Fantasy IX = 27 Votes

So Final Fantasy IX proceeds to the next round.

metagloria
02-07-2015, 11:14 PM
I agree with your process and reasoning completely.

But not with the result :whimper:

:G

:crying2:

:crying:

:slump:

Shauna
02-07-2015, 11:15 PM
Don't worry, my 25 comrades. We'll always know the true winner of this poll in our hearts.

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 11:21 PM
For those interested. had I opted to disqualify Wizzyboo as well and it was a tiebreaker, FFIX still would have won as it had triple the nominations that FFX-2 had.

Alas. the gullwings will ride no more.

We have lost a great friend today. I hope you can join me for a moment of silence as we mourn the loss of FFX-2 this day.

t6imJKgRDrQ

Shauna
02-07-2015, 11:23 PM
That's enough moments of silence, let's party the way FFX-2 would want us to!

LET US SEE YUNA DANCE

DlCzrrC1IHA

Galuf
02-07-2015, 11:40 PM
sorry for this madness on EoFF Ranks ff. i do hope that you are not too annoyed at me and the other 2 ^^;

WildRaubtier
02-07-2015, 11:40 PM
well at least this round was interesting

unlike any with the word "VII" in it

Pike
02-07-2015, 11:43 PM
well at least this round was interesting

unlike any with the word "VII" in it

why, because it keeps tying with VIII and IX when we've had similar polls in the past?

You forget where you are, padawan

Dat Matt
02-07-2015, 11:44 PM
sorry for this madness on EoFF Ranks ff. i do hope that you are not too annoyed at me and the other 2 ^^;

The EoFF members will find something else to be mad about tomorrow. Your scandal has come and gone. That's you and your kin officially welcomed into the forum now.

Galuf
02-07-2015, 11:51 PM
official! it took about a year then :lol:

Carl the Llama
02-08-2015, 01:41 AM
Just for the sake of curiosity, would X-2 have won on nominations? I'm not asking you to reveal the quantity mind you.

Ayen
02-08-2015, 01:55 AM
Just for the sake of curiosity, would X-2 have won on nominations? I'm not asking you to reveal the quantity mind you.

Dat Matt said on the last page IX had triple the nominations X-2 had, so no.

Dat Matt
02-08-2015, 02:53 AM
I'll do a nomination breakdown after the tournament is over. But yeah, FFIX had way more nominations that X-2 did. I could have been an ass and accused Galuf of cheating and then banned the family votes, but I'm a reasonable guy. Sad that FFX-2 got voted out, but happy that several jimmies were rustled in the process.

https://avvesione.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/little_busters-14-mio-smiling-tears-acceptance.jpg

Scotty_ffgamer
02-08-2015, 04:51 AM
I hope X-2 wins.

Tyson
02-08-2015, 06:09 AM
I hope X-2 wins.

Polls closed, IX took it.

In my opinion X-2 shoulda taken it tho. Shenanigans! :P