PDA

View Full Version : Maxed all the classes I'm interested in. Now what?

Dat Matt
02-05-2015, 11:47 PM
I've reached level 50 with SCH, WHM, BRD and will reach 50 with BLM soon. Not interested in the other tanks or DPS classes on offer. Any advice on where to go next? Only thought is to get lancer to level 22 to get invigorate but that's about it.

Note - Story is still underway, so can't do any cool high level dungeons yet.

Rostum
02-06-2015, 12:36 AM
Finish up the story, unlock end-game dungeons, grind for gear (Labyrinth of the Ancients, then Syrcus Tower, then World of Darkness, Primal Extreme accessories and weapons, and keep saving up for Soldiery/Poetics gear). You can also start a relic weapon, but at this stage with the expansion fairly close I'm not sure if the grind is worth it.

Furthermore, I'd recommend taking a look online about the best rotations for each job, you may need to level some other jobs to get the right abilities.

Mirage
02-06-2015, 11:45 AM
A class isn't maxed just because it hit the level cap :p

Loony BoB
02-06-2015, 03:59 PM
Craft! Gather! Unlock dungeons! Help other people do things! Stuff! Etc! Exclamation marks!

Dat Matt
02-06-2015, 07:03 PM
For the Classes I play

All the Classes I use draw from one another with the exception of Bard. I doubt I'll get Mantra but I probably will get invigorate. Higher level dungeons was next on my list, but gotta finish the story first.

If I were to move onto a desiciple of the Hand/Land. what do you recommend?

Dignified Pauper
02-07-2015, 04:11 PM
Gatherer and WEAVER! For the love of all, we need more weavers. (I'm lazy)

Elpizo
02-07-2015, 09:24 PM
Get the Zodiac weapon for all of your maxed classes. That'll keep you busy for a while. ;)

Dat Matt
02-11-2015, 10:43 PM
I was considering that, but I still need to finish the main story for that. I've opted to get Lancer to level 34 so I can transfer Blood for Blood and Invigorate to my Bard?

How hard is it to level the Desciples of the Hand/Land Classes? Are these the classes you can just leave the game running and let them max out or what~

Dignified Pauper
02-12-2015, 02:21 AM
I don't find them too hard, but getting materials for later levels is a bit of a pain; however, it's VERY Lucrative. I'm afraid you cannot set a macro that repeats though.

Elpizo
02-12-2015, 11:04 AM
If you build up leve allowances, leveling up your crafters and gatherers is a breeze. Doing the Ixali dailies also gives a generous exp boost to your crafters, as well as turning in daily grand company supply missions.

Ouch!
02-12-2015, 05:30 PM
Crafting

If you're ever going to have any meaningful level of success as a crafter, you will need to level all crafting classes to a certain point. It's not as simple as picking one craft and leveling it to 50. Cross-class actions are more important to crafting than they are to battle classes (where they are already very important in some circumstances). You can get away with doing one or two star crafts with a bare minimum of cross-class skills (mostly just the level 15 abilities for each class) by virtue of materia-enhanced gear available, but three- and four-star recipes are not practical without them all.

At the very least, you're going to want to get CUL to 37 and both WVR and CRP to 50 regardless of which class you choose to pursue seriously. Without Steady Hand II, Careful Synthesis II, and Byregot's Blessing, you're making your life as a crafter very, very difficult.

Trick of the Trade (ALC 15)
Comfort Zone (ALC 50)
Rapid Synthesis (ARM 15)
Piece by Piece (ARM 50)
Ingenuity (BSM 15)
Ingenuity II (BSM 50)
Byregot's Blessing (CRP 50)
Hasty Touch (CUL 15)
Steady Hand II (CUL 37)
Reclaim (CUL 50)
Manipulation (GSM 15)
Innovation (GSM 50)
Waste Not (LTW 15)
Waste Not II (LTW 50)
Careful Synthesis (WVR 15)
Careful Synthesis II (WVR 50)

Fortunately, as Elpizo mentioned, crafting classes are very easy to level *if you have leve allowances saved up*. Ixal daily quests will help as well, but having a stockpile of leve allowances can allow you to level a class from 35-50 in an afternoon. There are plenty of guides about which leves specifically you should do (traveling turn-in leves now provide the most bang-for-your-buck if you turn in HQ items), and you can even have someone else with crafts already leveled make the items for you so that you can just turn them in.

If you're interested in crafting, the best way to get started might be to just pick a handful of crafting classes and level them up to about 15. You can do this without any leves by just crafting one of every item on your list for the given classes (the materials can almost always be bought cheaply from various NPCs). This would give you the bottom tier of cross-class actions and make moving forward easier.

Gathering
Gatherers, on the other hand, require no cross class actions and minimal financial investment. Levequests can help make the leveling process faster, but if you're savvy about what items you're gathering, you can make a substantial amount of gil just leveling either miner or botanist and selling what you gather on the market board.

That said, it's slow and a lot of people find it dull. I have my lucis tool on both my MIN and BTN, and I like just zoning out and gathering away or running through unspoiled nodes rotations (open at 3 in-game hour intervals). There's quite a bit of profit to be made with high-level gathering. There aren't any really big ticket items (even HQ three star gathered items only sell for 5-10k a pop), but they're all materials for crafts and sell regularly and relatively quickly.

It's a good source of money, and since I also have all my crafters to 50 and one nearly four-starred, it makes my profit margins with that a lot higher. It also allows me to gather my own soils and seeds for gardening, which is another source of money. Between gathering, gardening, and desynthesis, I can pull down a lot of gil very quickly at minimal investment.

Dat Matt
02-16-2015, 12:24 AM
I've started as a miner.

http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/facebook/000/234/739/fa5.jpg

Loony BoB
02-16-2015, 11:31 AM
Level using leves, and yeah, just hit things. It's pretty easy to level, if a little boring.

Dat Matt
03-01-2015, 01:09 AM
Okay, so sod the miner I ain't doing that now that I've got CRAZY THINGS TO DO. What my current goals are is to get Black Mage/ White Mage / Scholar to a point where I can do world of Darkness with each of them. This leads me to my next questions.

I am doing the Relic Weapon Thyrus with White Mage just now. Would it be worth my time getting the three relic weapons and doing them in line (AKA doing Three sets of Atmas just now) or should I focus on just the Thryus just now. Also, i'm upgrading to Thyrus Animus. Is this stage just "Do all this pile of stuff 9 times for each book until you're done? Seems super Grindy.

Aulayna
03-01-2015, 10:02 AM
Okay, so sod the miner I ain't doing that now that I've got CRAZY THINGS TO DO. What my current goals are is to get Black Mage/ White Mage / Scholar to a point where I can do world of Darkness with each of them. This leads me to my next questions.

I am doing the Relic Weapon Thyrus with White Mage just now. Would it be worth my time getting the three relic weapons and doing them in line (AKA doing Three sets of Atmas just now) or should I focus on just the Thryus just now. Also, i'm upgrading to Thyrus Animus. Is this stage just "Do all this pile of stuff 9 times for each book until you're done? Seems super Grindy.

In regards to the doing the relic weapons. No. Just do one.

Once you can do Syrcus Tower you can buy ilvl100 weapons for 1300 soldiery plus an Undientified Allagan Tomestone from ST. These can then be upgraded to ilvl110 using a Sand of Time.

Once you're around ilvl100 you can also do Shiva EX farms for weapons.

As for your relic, yes it's super grindy. Which is why most people only do it on one job, unless you're crazy like me.

Step One was to get Thyrus.
Then Zenith.
Then get all 12 Atmas. - this gives you Relic Atma
Then do all 9 books (100 enemes, 3 fates, 3 leves, 3 dungeons etc each) - this gives you Relic Animus (ilvl100)
Then you have to farm 75 alexandrite (obtained by doing a daily expert roulette, buying maps for soldiery, or from FATEs)
Then you have to meld 75 materia (from grade Is through to grade IVs) - this gives you Relic Novus (ilvl110)
Then you have to farm 2,000 light from dungeons, primals, fates (this takes a while) - this gives you Relic Nexus (ilvl115)
Then you have to get 4 items for 1,600 soldiery each. 4 items for 20,000 GC seals each. 4 items from vendors for 100,000gil each. 12 HQ crafted items and 12 dungeon atmas. - this gives you your Zodiac Weapon (ilvl125)
Then you have to buy 12 Mahatmas for 200 soldiery each and light farm again to get them all attuned to your weapon.

THEN, you'll finally get your ilvl135 Relic Zeta. :p

As for World of Darkness, you're fine once you can do it with one job. You can only win one item per week from World of Darkness. This isn't per job, so you can't do it multiple times per week on different jobs to get different items like you could with CT and ST. It's one item per week via either Need or Greed. Once you've won an item for the week, you can't win another until the weekly lock-out resets on Tuesday mornings. Any other runs you do between winning and item and the weekly reset, are essentially for trouts and giggles.

Dat Matt
03-01-2015, 02:50 PM
Sounds like a lot of busy work tbh xD, I'm on my first book so I figure that will take a while. The Novus seems like it will take forever and will cost a butt tonne. Am I right?

You use the Nirvana, what do you recommend me focusing on? My first book is determination. :3

Aulayna
03-01-2015, 06:40 PM
I think I did the Piety books first, then Determination > Spell Speed > Vitality.

And yep Novus will cost a lot if you buy all the materia. As a healer you have a lot more flexibility though. For my Novus I melded as much as Piety as it would let me, then melded Determination up until it started needing Grade IV Determination materias and then I split the remaining budget between Accuracy and Crit for when I'm Cleric Stancing.

I bought most of my materia and stuff for Nirvana, and it cost around 3,000,000gil in total x_x