PDA

View Full Version : The Xenosaga Topic of 2015

Forsaken Lover
02-06-2015, 03:08 PM
http://i.imgur.com/o4uUva6.png

I'm a little late on this but it's time.

For that trilogy you all know and love.

Let's have some generic discussions to get things underway.

Favorite Party Member?
Favorite Villain?
Favorite Game?

metagloria
02-06-2015, 03:20 PM
Well, a great way to start :whoa:

I loved all three games. Ep. II was the hardest, and my least favorite. Ep. III was probably my favorite.

The thing I remember most about the series, though, is the 40-minute continuous cutscene (with two save breaks) near the beginning of Ep. I.

I never cared much for Ziggy. Everyone else is pretty cool. Albedo is such a great villain. It's been a while since I played, but one thing is that it always felt like a lot of different things were going on and I couldn't make sense of them all together. Shion and KOS-MOS and Old Miltia felt totally different from the Albedo/Rubedo/Nigredo thing, and then there's U-DO, and somehow Wilhelm is behind it all, and who even knows what chaos's deal is. But still, I loved them and want to run through the whole trilogy again someday!

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 04:13 PM
Awesome series. III is my favourite. Albedo is my favourite villain ever. MOMO kicks ass, especially as an archer and especially in game III, Jr. has some of the best prettiest attacks

Fynn
02-06-2015, 04:21 PM
I want an HD collection on Vita so I can play all three.

Ayen
02-07-2015, 01:26 AM
Only played the first game. I like Shion and KOS-MOS the best.

fat_moogle
02-07-2015, 01:36 AM
I've never played any of these games.

Is this where you knock the smurf out of me?

But more importantly...

...have I been a member of EoFF for long enough to get away with using the word "smurf" in a sentence? I don't want to have to go to court or anything if you guys have the use of the word trademarked or something :D

Pumpkin
02-07-2015, 02:57 AM

I liked Shion fine the first game but by the third one I just wanted to punch her in her face

Ayen
02-07-2015, 03:00 AM

I liked Shion fine the first game but by the third one I just wanted to punch her in her face

Thanks to your name change I can't even make the obvious joke.

CURSE YOU! :argh:

Pumpkin
02-07-2015, 03:03 AM
:smug:

It does make it harder to win best Pumpkin now. It was easy to win best Shion because the other Shion was gosh awful. There's a lot of good pumpkins out there though

Forsaken Lover
02-11-2015, 05:30 PM
bmUgU7eXeus

Best credits theme in a JRPG.

sharkythesharkdogg
02-13-2015, 08:16 PM
I still haven't struggled through 2 so that I can play 3.

I did buy 3 new to help support the franchise financially, but oof. 2 is a struggle for me.

Vyk
02-13-2015, 09:06 PM
First one was a little too mediocre for me. I enjoyed my purchase, but couldn't be bothered to even finish it. So I figured buying the sequels would just be a waste. I never felt it lived up to its potential. I never really expected them to bottle lightning again, and make something better than Xenogears. So I'm not sure what I was hoping for, if I was hoping for anything at all. It was just alright. Hard to come by Sci-Fi JRPGs that are stellar. So I guess the bar was already set pretty low. But I think my problem was mostly with the pacing. I didn't mind all those cut-scenes because at least something was happening. But I remember a lot of just random running around. And sometimes talking to people. And then every couple hours something would happen for an hour. And then you're left to your own devices for a a few hours again. It seemed odd and amateurish. But maybe it was just the guide I was using, or my playstyle or something. But it didn't leave a good enough lasting impression on me to continue the series

Though it's funny. I'm watching Knights of Sidonia on Netflix right now. And it has a lot of Xenosaga influence. Among other things

LunarWeaver
03-22-2015, 05:09 PM
Shion was always my favorite even though she's probably the least likable. I enjoyed that this series allowed such a narcissistic maniac to be their protagonist. It's fun to play as someone other than a try-hard.

My favorite episode is III. I find it the most fun to play, and for being a rush job with a million plot threads to tie up, they did an admirable job. Also the muuuusic~