PDA

View Full Version : All-purpose 3DS Discussion Thread!

Pike
02-06-2015, 03:49 PM
Dat Matt had one of these about a year back. Let's get a new one started! :jess: And talk about what we're currently playing on 3DS and what we're excited to get for the system. Feel free to swap friend codes and such in this thread too!

As for me: I'm finally digging into Pokemon Omega Ruby. Loving it so far! :love:

Galuf
02-06-2015, 04:09 PM
im playing bravely default. lol i only have like 4 games. which are: Animal crossing. Pokemon Y. Pokemon AS. and bravely default. but i cant wait until Majoras mask is released.

Pumpkin
02-06-2015, 04:19 PM
Not playing anything right now (taking a gaming break) but I'm planning to pick Pokemon X back up soon. I love that you can change your looks and outfits and stuff

Speaking of which, as I keep mentioning, Girls Fashion Shoot remains one of my favourite games on that system. It's as close to the perfect dress up game I could find and I love it love it love it :flirt:

Fire Emblem: Awakening was awesome sauce but a bit difficult. Tomodachi Life and Theatrythm Curtain Call I played last week because I was sicky and they're both fun relaxing games

metagloria
02-06-2015, 04:26 PM
My 3DS library consists of Theatrhythm, both Professor Layton games, and...I forget what else. I've borrowed Bravely Default, Super Mario 3D Land, and A Link Between Worlds from friends, and they are (respectively) awesome, meh, and awesome.

Ayen
02-06-2015, 04:26 PM
Played some Pokemon X. How long have you had to press some buttons on the title screen to delete a save? A little more inconvenient than just having a continue and new game option. I like the friends that accompany you and being able to choose your own nickname for yourself. Shauna healing your Pokemon while on your travels is pretty handy. I noticed the 3D only works on the portions that's actually in 3D instead of the over-the-head view. Less of a strain on the eyes at least.

Galuf
02-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Played some Pokemon X. How long have you had to press some buttons on the title screen to delete a save? A little more inconvenient than just having a continue and new game option. I like the friends that accompany you and being able to choose your own nickname for yourself. Shauna healing your Pokemon while on your travels is pretty handy. I noticed the 3D only works on the portions that's actually in 3D instead of the over-the-head view. Less of a strain on the eyes at least.

i wouldnt put 3d on the battles. The frame rate ocasionally drops. though i think its worse in ORAS when your fighting groudon/kyogre

Mirage
02-06-2015, 07:28 PM
I have one and I have 5 games. 4 of them are retail games: Bravely Default, Donkey Kong Returns, Fire Emblem - Awakening, and New Super mario bros 2 or whatever. One is an e-shop game and that is Shin Megami Tensei 4. I have completed none of these games yet.

Pike
02-06-2015, 07:29 PM
I have tons of retro games that I got from the eShop. Really wish they had an even bigger selection of them!

Del Murder
02-06-2015, 08:35 PM
Nothing right now. I've beaten everything I wanted to play and there hasn't been a lot of good 3DS releases lately.

Rez09
02-06-2015, 10:12 PM
I haven't picked up my 3DS in a while, but I have Fire Emblem: Awakening, Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Super Street Fighter IV, and Pokemon Y for it. I also picked up Shovel Knight, Gargoyle's Quest, VVVVVV, and the second Shantae game from the eShop. I beat all of them too, except for Sticker Star, which may be the single most disappointing purchase I've made in the past decade. )':

Electroshock Therapy
02-06-2015, 10:35 PM
The only 3DS games I have are Zelda games. Hopefully one day (when I get money again... stupid college), I can get some more.
So basically, that means I have the only two.
A Link Between Worlds. Interesting and good use for a 2D top-down game.
I caved and bought Ocarina of Time. I sampled it... it's beautiful. I'm going to wait until I upgrade to the New 3DS because I could already see what people are talking about. Loosing that sweet spot is really easy.
I'm looking forward to Majora's Mask, too.

Agent Proto
02-07-2015, 03:28 PM
I currently have 16 games in my 3DS library, and so far Bravely Default is one of the games I've put many hours into, along with Fire Emblem Awakening, Animal Crossing New Leaf, and Pokemon Y. Right now, I'm trying to get through Bravely Default. I'm currently on Chapter 7, so hopefully this is it. Once I'm done, I'll move onto one of my two new DS games I bought earlier this month, but this isn't a thread about the DS, is it?