PDA

View Full Version : Primary/Secondary Class Disciplines

Cleric
02-07-2015, 01:22 AM
So I am replaying Tactics and was thinking about fun combinations that other players use in regards to primary jobs and secondary job disciplines. For example, one of my favorites is a primary job of Ninja for speed and movement. with a secondary discipline in Thievery to get all the goodies. Another fun one that I have used is Lancer as the primary job and Geomancer as a secondary skill set. You get the bonus of Jump with the wildcard of Geomancer abilities which can be very useful if you are lucky. What are some of your favorite useful/fun combinations?

Pumpkin
02-07-2015, 03:18 AM
I always do this type of thing. My absolute favourite combination is Black Mage Archer

I like Monk Geomancer a good bit too

Cleric
02-08-2015, 03:21 AM
Monk/Geomancer is one that I have used before and really like well. I am curious about how you implement Archer/Black Mage.

qwertysaur
02-22-2015, 07:13 AM
Time Mage is really potent for the Don't move/ Immobilize spell. Great for things with long cast times, like the high strength Black magic spells or for summons.

chionos
02-22-2015, 07:24 AM
I like Monk as a sub for all kinds of things.

Also use Samurai/Lancer. I don't know why.

And Ninja/Dancer.

I just realized that I use job combinations which have been influenced by FFXI.

Loony BoB
02-23-2015, 12:39 PM
So far most of my jobs have been just thrown in with Fundamentals on the side because I'm still at an early stage (around L20) and like using the Focus skill to boost my JP, but I'm starting to get to the point I can experiment. For healers I've up to this point given them Item as a secondary option because I don't trust my MP to last on all occasions and it allows balance between timed group heals and instant solo heals.

I can already see myself using loads of Monks with Black/Time/White magic as a secondary skill, because monks are insanely powerful at this point of the game.

I don't like archers in this game yet. They're very boring. I think I might, however, use archers with some kind of close combat skills to allow for better balance.

Thief with Heavy Armour is of interest to me, so I can roam around turning every monster I can find while actually surviving the inevitable beatings I'll get while doing so.

VeloZer0
02-23-2015, 02:26 PM
In the long term armor becomes rather useless in the game, using counter abilities that cause you not take take damage is much more reliable.

And yeah, Archers in this game do kind of suck.

The reason monks are probably so powerful for you is the Focus skill. Normal attacks are Weapon * Attack Power, unarmed attacks are Attack Power squared. So using Focus multiple times on a character can increase your attack quite a bit. (Also Ramza's brave increasing move, I think it is 'Steel' in WotL).

Glad you are enjoying the game. Mixing and matching classes is one of the things that keeps me comming back after dozens of playthroughs.

Loony BoB
02-23-2015, 02:37 PM
While the Focus ability does help (I use it once or twice while I wait for enemies to get closer before I bombard them), I can still manage to instantly kill enemies roughly 25% of the time, and do significant damage on the other occasions, even if I haven't used Focus. Using Focus those two times certainly helps, though. :D

VeloZer0
02-23-2015, 04:24 PM
Just wait until you get the mid game gear that has +PA on it. It is better than even the end game gear if you are using unarmed.